• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MK Dons (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it was pep lijnders who did the press conference for the game.
Yep, Klopp's leading by example, & has basically taken a few days off. I assume he'll be in charge tonight, or there'd be the usual blerts kicking off about 'devaluing the competition' even more than they will about us fielding a team full of kids.

Yep, Klopp's leading by example, & has basically taken a few days off. I assume he'll be in charge tonight, or there'd be the usual blerts kicking off about 'devaluing the competition' even more than they will about us fielding a team full of kids.

The only way we could devalue the competition any more is by not bothering to turn up for the match.

Fuck me.

Am I right in saying from this lot, only Milner & Chamberlain have played more than 30 minutes for the first team this season?

Actually, only Milner, Chamberlain & Lallana have featured at all for the first team I think!

Edit, Gomez came on the other day too, forgot about that.

bfb45d67c858bdf480b24e7a5394b9e0.jpg

I think it is a great idea if we let Pep get managerial experience for the League cup. Especially if, down the line, hopefully a long way down the line, he's in the frame for the big job.

Hang on, what? Klopp's not going? eh?
He's going, he's going! I'm just sensing that Klopp is letting Pep have one hand on the reins for this one, hence the fact he took the press conference.

Erm, though, thinking about it, the fact that Jurgen had the big FIFA shindig the night before also probably had something to do with this. Anyway, it's a good idea!

We can still put a decent team out from that squad

kelleher
hoever gomez lovren lewis

milner lallana keita

chamberlain brewster elliot

bench
Jones
Chrivella
Van den berg
Lonergen
kane

I like the idea that we have a Pep that is learning from Klopp. When Blue Moon find out they will forget about the bus for a split second!!

Yeah, but as I've just told my mate, without the superstars to rely on, it's a massive banana skin waiting to happen.

We've seen so many times side that look good enough to beat a lower division side get embarrassed cos they haven't played together in a real game before & the opposition do so every week.

I'm not saying he should have done any different, I'd have picked any side that avoided playing first teamers that I could too, but if we get knocked out I won't be surprised, equally so I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them convincingly, there's no way of knowing with an untested side.

Yeah, but as I've just told my mate, without the superstars to rely on, it's a massive banana skin waiting to happen.

We've seen so many times side that look good enough to beat a lower division side get embarrassed cos they haven't played together in a real game before & the opposition do so every week.

I'm not saying he should have done any different, I'd have picked any side that avoided playing first teamers that I could too, but if we get knocked out I won't be surprised, equally so I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them convincingly, there's no way of knowing with an untested side.

Yes, no doubt that filling the team with part timers, as we certainly will, means that we risk an embarrassing exit. But at the end of the day, fuck the league cup.

It’s a dammed if you do dammed if you don’t situation. What’s the point in the kids if you don’t play them or do you risk burn out of the first team.

I’d play the kids and do expect Klopp to be in charge. He didn’t do the press conference due to the FIFA “brought to you by blue fume meltdown” awards.

I’d play the reserves. Like last season I’m in the go for League as the main priority. Then European Cup, the FA cup then the League cup.

Fuck me.

Am I right in saying from this lot, only Milner & Chamberlain have played more than 30 minutes for the first team this season?

Actually, only Milner, Chamberlain & Lallana have featured at all for the first team I think!

Edit, Gomez came on the other day too, forgot about that.

bfb45d67c858bdf480b24e7a5394b9e0.jpg
Anyone know who those last 2 are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom