• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MK Dons (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you get hard watching Fabinho sprint toward our goal?

I think Naby is more combative in the middle than credited, but appreciate the point i assume you're making in that they haven't yet proven the ability to control the middle of the park, hence my caveat. I certainly wouldn't start this midfield until I felt Naby had settled and proven his ability to do that role.

He was shocking earlier on, and in games against United, Palace, Wolves and West Ham, he looked fucking clueless.

But he did have a more impressive run of form around Easter, and was decent against Porto, Chelsea and Southampton, but he still looked a defensive liability.

He was shocking good early on, but lost a bit of the momentum after opening With 2 MOM displays. he did ok against United and West Ham. Palace was bullshit from the Whole team.

Then he came back and started to find pleasant form before he got injured again.

He was shocking earlier on, and in games against United, Palace, Wolves and West Ham, he looked fucking clueless.

But he did have a more impressive run of form around Easter, and was decent against Porto, Chelsea and Southampton, but he still looked a defensive liability.

He did look good in those games and obviously has talent but he needs to do it consistently week in week out which as Farky said he doesn’t look capable of being fit long enough to do it

He was shocking good early on, but lost a bit of the momentum after opening With 2 MOM displays. he did ok against United and West Ham. Palace was bullshit from the Whole team.

Then he came back and started to find pleasant form before he got injured again.

He was fucking shite against West Ham, behave

Interesting. Shaq injured surely means one or two of Brewster, Elliot or Jones getting to join Origi up top.

Hopefully that's Keita getting some game time. As I said earlier, I really hope he beds into this team because he could potentially be a star for us. His comeback needs to start now, though, pretty much without any hiccups.

I am watching the game together with my MK Dons supporting friend. It is weird taking the MK route through the spilt up where I think 95% (hard to say an exact percentage when I guess the total amount was less than 10 people) followed the AFC route. So he is pretty lonely in his support. On a sidenote he is from Strømmen and they are about to be relegated from second tier in Norway. Well, they came up last year and really belong one step down anyway. So when you feel sorry for yourself for the front three having a massive drop in performances and turning shit for a game there are someone worse off out there.

What an awful time for Shaq to be out, literally the 1 of few chances he'll have to start.

I guess Curtis Jones will come in, he's been doing ok for the u23's/

Hopefully a totally young front three - could be fun if they know their roles. Surely Elliot - Brewster - Jones.

There's a bit of selective memory on both sides here.

He did indeed play well towards the end of last season - before getting another injury - and was starting to put together some good displays, but he was also fucking abysmal in some games earlier in the season - before getting another injury.
It seems some of those poor displays were not only Keita adjusting to the PL/Klopp's tactics (see Fabinho) but also Klopp putting a square leg in a round hole to keep his favourites on the pitch. Keita is not as adaptable as some and being played as a LW didn't work. He looked a far better player played in the centre / with more freedom.

There's still hope but the injuries are more worrying than his performances to my mind.

It seems some of those poor displays were not only Keita adjusting to the PL/Klopp's tactics (see Fabinho) but also Klopp putting a square leg in a round hole to keep his favourites on the pitch. Keita is not as adaptable as some and being played as a LW didn't work. He looked a far better player played in the centre / with more freedom.

There's still hope but the injuries are more worrying than his performances to my mind.

Klopp is a strange character and a stubborn bastard. He stick to his plan to often at times and he geniunly wants to give people a chance. Making Alberto Moreno a CL winner is a proof of how weird success is balanced out by trying to make Loris Karius one.

But to imply he does what he does to give his favourite pets benefits above what is best for the club is unfair mate.

Klopp is a strange character and a stubborn bastard. He stick to his plan to often at times and he geniunly wants to give people a chance. Making Alberto Moreno a CL winner is a proof of how weird success is balanced out by trying to make Loris Karius one.

But to imply he does what he does to give his favourite pets benefits above what is best for the club is unfair mate.
Not exactly implying that per se. I could have worded it better (keep losing concentration being thrown side to side on a bus from Pula to Zagreb).

However he does have players that he replies on but doesn't have a reliable/consistent LM, using a number of players there, and it was a safer route to start Keita there than in CM.

Hopefully a totally young front three - could be fun if they know their roles. Surely Elliot - Brewster - Jones.
From the way Pep spoke in the press conference i would be very surprised if it happened. He spoke about having few youngsters surrounded by experienced players for protection and guidance.

Looks like a very young team that's travelled with Kelleher confirmed to start & Shaqiri Origi Mo Bobby Virg Fab Matip Gini Trent Robbo Hendo all either rested or unavailable

Mane only 1st XI player on bench

Herbie Kane, Pedro Chirivella, Rhian Brewster, Harvey Elliott, Curtis Jones, Sepp Van der Berg and 2 kids from u18s travelled

Last edited:
Looks like a very young team that's travelled with Kelleher confirmed to start & Shaqiri Origi Mo Bobby Virg Fab Matip Gini Trent Robbo Hendo all rested

Herbie Kane, Pedro Chirivella, Rhian Brewster, Harvey Elliott, Curtis Jones, Sepp Van der Berg and 2 kids from u18s travelled

Wow, that is quite a surprise. Although Origi and Shaqiri aren't rested, they're injured aren't they?

Looks like a very young team that's travelled with Kelleher confirmed to start & Shaqiri Origi Mo Bobby Virg Fab Matip Gini Trent Robbo Hendo all either rested or unavailable

Pep said Mane was out as well as he needs a few days rest.

I wouldn't be able to explain it as well but he was saying how there's no point playing youngsters by themselves as they don't learn and they need protection. He was talking about a triangle of protection. So say you had a youngster on the left of a front 3, you would have an experienced midfielder on the left and experienced left back to give him protection and guidance. He said it a lot better than i'm explaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom