• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MLB Regular Season 2011

I'm starting to wonder if people should start re-evaluating Theo Epstein. He's gotten a lot of things wrong lately.

I watched a documentary called "Catching Hell, the other night about the fan who interfered in a play at a Cubs game during the 03 NLCS.

For whatever reason, after the interference the Cubs had a meltdown, and everyone in Chicago blamed him. Very interesting watch.

was that the ESPN one ?

I listened to a podcast about it recently with Bill Simmons (editor of the 30 for 30) and the director Alex Gibney. It sounded great so I think I'll try to find it somewhere

Yeah that was it, it was very good.

I could only imagine being at a sporting event, rooting for the home team, and the entire home crowd turns on you.

They said on the podcast that they kinda respected Bartman in how he acted afterwards, refusing all media requests and a hoisr of orher opportunities including a superbowl commercial which he could have made a fortune from.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=44304.msg1407742#msg1407742 date=1317539427]
Yanks absolutely bumpounding the Tigers. Cano leading the way.
[/quote]

Please don't be a Yanks fan mate ... please, they're the fucking Mancs of fans - cocky, fucking twats.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=44304.msg1407744#msg1407744 date=1317539995]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=44304.msg1407742#msg1407742 date=1317539427]
Yanks absolutely bumpounding the Tigers. Cano leading the way.
[/quote]

Please don't be a Yanks fan mate ... please, they're the fucking Mancs of fans - cocky, fucking twats.
[/quote]

I'm not, don't fret. I don't really care either way - just interested cos I was there last week I suppose.

I used to go to a lot of Tigers games when i lived in the D, so they'd probably be my preferred team I guess.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44304.msg1408190#msg1408190 date=1317595761]
Huge win for Detroit (despite almost blowing it), with JV pitching game 3 in Detroit.
[/quote]

The Yankees are giving that game up.

Burnett is up for them

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44304.msg1408238#msg1408238 date=1317624066]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44304.msg1408190#msg1408190 date=1317595761]
Huge win for Detroit (despite almost blowing it), with JV pitching game 3 in Detroit.
[/quote]

The Yankees are giving that game up.

Burnett is up for them
[/quote]

Nope, CC's doing game 3. Burnett's pitching in game 4 :(

Really ? That's brave/stupid of them.

1-1 between them with Sabathia going against Verlander - which if Verlander continues the way he has means they'll be 2-1 down with the season resting on the shoulders of AJ Burnett .... fucking madness.

Cardinals and Phillies are 1-1. The Cards beat Cliff Lee last night, but face Hamels tonight. As good as he is the Phillies are supposedly not great at hitting lefties and the Cards have one up tonight in Garcia. Could be a very interesting game.

Brewers are 2-0 up on the D-backs. You'd have to fancy them to clinch it, they've better pitching and hitting all round.

Rays Rangers is 1-1 too. David Price up tonight for the Rays, Lewis for the Rangers. The Rangers have a much better lineup but Price is good enough to throttle them. I'd love to see this game.

luckily for me Rangers v Rays is on ESPN .... top of third 0 -0. Good game so far though

Price has never beaten the Rangers ... and that continues.

Big win by the Rangers (4-3) despite the late bullpen struggles.

Hopefully Holland closes it out.

Giradi fucked up game 2 by not playing his top bullpen. Gave up the game cos of valverde.

Superb pitching by Verlander. Yankees' big guns (A-Rod and Tex) failed to show up again.

Game 4: Rangers up 4-2 top of the 8th, courtesy of 3 solo shots by Adrian Beltre and a lead off homer from Kinsler.

I hate the Yankees, and hope you win (don't know which team TExas would do better against).

Jon Daniels has built quite a team ... Beltre was a great pick up - and Young has been our MVP after wanting to be traded.

Yankees out ! The Tigers have really come good when it matters.

Rangers v Tigers for the ALCS now.

Wow, got out of bases loaded twice. Mr. October comes through again for the Yankees :)

Should now get a ticket for one of ALCS games.

The Red Sox are clearing house by the looks of it.

Francona gone, 1st base coach gone. And it looks like Theo might be heading to the Cubs.

Back
Top Bottom