• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MLB Regular Season 2011

The top 5 salary bills in the MLB:
Yankees: $202m
Phillies: $172m
Red Sox: $161m
Angels: $138m
White Sox: $127m

None of them made the last four, three of them didn't even make the playoffs

So who's gonna win the world series? Would be nice to see Pujols win it.

I wonder what LTW and George's answers would be. ;)

They did well considering how poorly Verlander pitched in the playoffs, he must have just run out of steam after a brilliant regular season.

Rangers v Cardinals World Series.

The Rangers must be favourites ?

We were favorites last year and we lost ...

I took a lot of stick growing up in NY loving the 'Boys, Stars, Rangers and Mavs. I've seen three of the four win championships (2 being their first). I sincerely hope I see the fourth team win it ... It's a really well built team (post-Hicks team always seem to do well - Stars may do well this year too), with a great group of kids and veterans. I really think we should beat St Louis in 5 - better line up, better pitching depth and experience. But just like last year, that's why they play the game ... Let's get it on!

Carpenter was always going to be tough to beat.

It does look like Hamilton isn't 100% though, and that hurts you significantly

The two teams are actually more evenly matched than it would first appear...

Except at manager, which cost the Rangers last night.

harsh on washington - he's been brilliant the last three years in building this squad

1-1 on 2 SFs in the 9th!

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44304.msg1414550#msg1414550 date=1319176619]
Daniel built it!
[/quote]

Obviously Daniels signed the players etc, but Washington has meshed them in the clubhouse as group that has not been this way since the mid 90s. He's managed Andrus brilliantly (great Ozzie'esque player yesterday), the pitching stuff has matured and the team just looks like a great unit (alla the Yankees of the late 90s). Let's hope a dynasty has been built!

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=44304.msg1414549#msg1414549 date=1319176254]
harsh on washington - he's been brilliant the last three years in building this squad

1-1 on 2 SFs in the 9th!
[/quote]

Yes he has. Never said that he wasn't. But TLR is an all-time great. Wash isn't yet. And he's made some shocking decisions in the first two games so far... Still expect the Rangers to win anyway, though.

TLR is an all-time great ... definitely ...

I think Ron, if this team can stay together, can do a Torre over the next decade ... but I'm always wrong with Dallas sports stuff (The Cowboys never win, the Mavs do etc! :) )

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=44304.msg1416645#msg1416645 date=1319515107]
1 win away ... COME ON RANGERS!!!!
[/quote]

Heh you stayed up for the game?

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=44304.msg1416647#msg1416647 date=1319515222]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=44304.msg1416645#msg1416645 date=1319515107]
1 win away ... COME ON RANGERS!!!!
[/quote]

Heh you stayed up for the game?
[/quote]

No way dude - I need to sleep man.

great game if you're a neutral or a cardinal.

i can't believe we blew that ... i'm gutted. i'll be very impressed if we're mentally strong enough to win tonight.

Yeah just watching highlights, that was harsh.

It looked over when Hamilton hit that 2 run homer in the 10th.

Back
Top Bottom