• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2018/19 Season

1. Foles is not like Dilfer - kid shown big skills before, but point taken - he's not considered 'great'.
As for the idea of an average QB with great talent around him, valid point again (hopefully works for the Cowboys!)

I think Carr was on the way to being a top 10 QB two years before that injury.

As for Mack vs Lewis - I think that's a bad comparison. Lewis was one of the greatest MLB prospects who's leadership was also incredible. Mack is a pass rusher genius BUT he's not a leader like Lewis. I think he's great, and the Bears have probably on this trade, but I get why the Raiders are doing what they're doing.

As or drafting - things change .... the Cowboys were shit for what felt like 15 years, and then Will McClay gets more power and we start drafting good talent continually (watch out for Jaylon Smith this year, he's going to surprise)

Flacco is another middling QB to win the Superbowl. His contract (and teams fortunes) is an example of what can happen when you give big money to a not great QB.

Eli Manning isn't great either.

The Seahawks did the cheap QB thing with Russell Wilson to great success.

The Mack / Lewis comparison is mainly statistical.

Sure at least neither of our teams star running back is refusing to turn up ....

Steelers linemen have had enough of Bell.

"What do you do? Here's a guy who does't give a damn, I guess so we'll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this," Ramon Foster said, per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "He's making seven times what I make twice as much as Al (Villanueva) is making and we're the guys who do it for him."

Similar comments from Pouncey and Villanueva and others.

I know its his right to do what he wants but hes losing his team mates and certainly the fans.

I wonder if Conner starts the season well if Bell touch the ball again in Black and Yellow

Flacco is another middling QB to win the Superbowl. His contract (and teams fortunes) is an example of what can happen when you give big money to a not great QB.

Eli Manning isn't great either.

The Seahawks did the cheap QB thing with Russell Wilson to great success.

The Mack / Lewis comparison is mainly statistical.

Sure at least neither of our teams star running back is refusing to turn up ....

Flacco is a good example, but the team didn't go down because of his contract ... One interesting thing the three examples (Flacco, Eli & Dilfer) we've discussed have in common is "incredible defense" ...

I know its his right to do what he wants but hes losing his team mates and certainly the fans.

I wonder if Conner starts the season well if Bell touch the ball again in Black and Yellow

Don't think he cares anymore ... Team doesn't value his contribution (400+ touches last year) financially speaking, and he's not willing to risk his last big paycheck for the team. He's doing the right thing for himself, and I think most of us would have after not getting a bumper new deal after last year.

Don't think he cares anymore ... Team doesn't value his contribution (400+ touches last year) financially speaking, and he's not willing to risk his last big paycheck for the team. He's doing the right thing for himself, and I think most of us would have after not getting a bumper new deal after last year.
Bell earns 14m+ each year.
Zeke for example earns less than 7m

Cry me a fucking river.

I love the boy but like Stering at Liverpool, if all he wants is the money he can take the talent elsewhere. We should have traded him to the giants and picked up Barkeley.

Steelers linemen have had enough of Bell.

"What do you do? Here's a guy who does't give a damn, I guess so we'll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this," Ramon Foster said, per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "He's making seven times what I make twice as much as Al (Villanueva) is making and we're the guys who do it for him."

Similar comments from Pouncey and Villanueva and others.

I didn't realise it was that bad, i thought he might still be welcomed back.

I didn't realise it was that bad, i thought he might still be welcomed back.
He will walk back in the team because no other RB can do what he does but I wouldnt imagine this year will be much fun.
Harmony? Nope.

Bell earns 14m+ each year.
Zeke for example earns less than 7m

Cry me a fucking river.

I love the boy but like Stering at Liverpool, if all he wants is the money he can take the talent elsewhere. We should have traded him to the giants and picked up Barkeley.

Zeke's on his rookie deal! He's going to be paid big (along with Gurley, and probably Fournette etc).

RBs are slowly but surely becoming more important.

Zeke's on his rookie deal! He's going to be paid big (along with Gurley, and probably Fournette etc).

RBs are slowly but surely becoming more important.
Gurleys deal is 11.2m in guarentees. 3m less than Bell.

Zeke is gonna win me the Fantasy league

IF he stays healthy.

He's motivated ... and has a chip on his shoulder the size of a small country ... As long as the OL stays without Frederick, I think he'll hit 1500+, and 500+ receiving easy.

I passed on him because of the OL uncertainty and the fact that every single defence is going to focus on stopping him to beat the Cowboys.

They basically tried that last year and he almost had 1k in 10 games, when he wasn't in great shape mentally due to that court case.
OL is problematic though - hopefully Super Joe does the deal at C

Bought myself a little Polamalu throwback jersey.
Not sure how much passion I will have to wear my BELL jersey to Wembley

I passed on him because of the OL uncertainty and the fact that every single defence is going to focus on stopping him to beat the Cowboys.
Worse case scenario he is shit and gives me yet Another reason to hate the Cowboys.

And I play Beast Mode.

Ive just fucked up. Meant to change my line up and dropped Mack completely. Is there any way to correct this?

I'm sitting down Sunday and cracking on with my beloved Vikings

I've been watching some of the NCAA college games on BT sports getting to grips with shit

I'm sitting down Sunday and cracking on with my beloved Vikings

I've been watching some of the NCAA college games on BT sports getting to grips with shit
Vikings are feeling more and more like contenders to me as the days go by.

Julio beasting it as usual.
Eagles lack a big time RB - I think that may hurt them this year as teams ... Though favs for NFC East.
Falcons have not been the same team since Shananan left them.

So I only watched the first half thanks to the weather delay, but a few thoughts.

Eagles had little to no deep threat. Sproles and Ajayi are going to have to do a lot of work this year. Foles is competent but cant carry another run like last year.

Falcons....same shit different day. Their red zone offense is a shambles.

Oh and I fucking KNEW i should have played Kupp and not Freeman in the flex. I am 100% sure he will rip the raiders apart now.

Happy with my 18pt HOOlio haul, but 5pts from Freeman balances it out sadly.

Could be worse. Could be my pal Mark (Atbanter Falcons) who left 30pts on his bench.
Ouch.

Eagles had little to no deep threat. Sproles and Ajayi are going to have to do a lot of work this year.

Didn't they trade for someone to replace Torrey Smith?

Also Nelson is pretty good going deep - especially as Alshon will be their medium route guy once he's back (I assume he's injured).

The Nomad luckily left Matt Ryan on the bench.

Julio was the Falcons offense last night by the looks of things

Back
Top Bottom