• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Regular & Post Season Thread

Is the salary cap sorted next year or not?

MC - I really hope the rams take clausen yes as we know what that will mean at #2!

That said, we don't really know with these twats. Two words, Mike Williams.

Next season will be uncapped unless a new CBA is signed over the summer. An 11th hour agreement wouldn't be surprising, although some owners would quite like an uncapped season. There are other issues too, like the distribution of TV money (unsurprisingly - sorry LTW - the Cowboys are going to try and drop the balanced distribution of the TV revenue for the season).

If they don't agree a new deal before the start of the following season, then there will be a strike (or, more likely, the owners will pre-empt and announce a lockout). I think we'll get an uncapped year and then a new CBA. The % of team revenue that went to players salaries rose from about 55% to 60% under the last agreement, and it halved the owners profit margin. They'll probably want a return to c2005 figures. Everyone seemed happy when the cap was at about $85m (it was almost $130m this year, with a floor of 88%, i.e. $112m ish. The floor was set to rise by 1.2% every year until it hit 90% and all of Jerry Jones's hair fell out).

Jones is a big part of why I hate the Cowboys. He'd scrap the cap and revenue sharing tomorrow if he could because it suits the Cowboys. He could learn something from Wellington Mara. The Giants are a big market team and would benefit greatly from the end of revenue sharing, but he was one of the main driving forces behind it, and it is what makes the NFL so good at the moment. Unfortunately I can see a situation where any new CBA takes a narrow view of what counts as revenue to be shared (maybe only the national TV contracts). It would be a pity to see the league tilt towards a Premier League style paradigm where several uber-rich big city teams dominate year after year.

It's ok MC. People will always hate the Cowboys, even when there's no reason ... At least you seem to have a decent enough reason I guess.

Can you watch tonights game on the internet?

I've lost the channel that has the NFL rights overhere.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=35654.msg1042160#msg1042160 date=1264350252]
There's a 50% chance of the thanksgiving day game next year being against the Jets.

Stafford v Sanchez on national TV!
[/quote]

Calvin vs Revis...........nice! 8)

More likely Calvin vs "Revis +1".

We desparately need someone even half decent on the other side to stop Calvin getting double and triple teamed constantly.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=35654.msg1042179#msg1042179 date=1264352692]
More likely Calvin vs "Revis +1".

We desparately need someone even half decent on the other side to stop Calvin getting double and triple teamed constantly.
[/quote]

how about roy williams?

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=35654.msg1042223#msg1042223 date=1264358869]
I'd have him. Seriously.
[/quote]

Why? Have you been asleep for 2 years?

I think he's be a decent 2nd choice in Detroit. We currently have Bryant Johnson. Chris Henry would be better than him.

80 yarder from Sanchez to Edwards. One day soon I might have to admit Sanchez is good :(

I know it's early but I was a bit surprised the Colts went for a FG. Should have gone for the TD and if they blew it Jets would have been on the 1.

Oh Brett ... Karma is a bitch, isn't it? Throw a late TD on week ... and throw a late INT to cost your team their place in the Super Bowl ... Oh well, can't say I'm in the least bit disappointed.

Whads - what are the odds he 'retires' and then 'unretires' to return to the Vikes?

How fucking difficult is it to hold onto a football? Christ on a stick.

I'm reasonably crushed but best of luck to the Saints in two weeks. This household will be cheering them on.

[quote author=darkstarexodus link=topic=35654.msg1042423#msg1042423 date=1264400377]
How fucking difficult is it to hold onto a football? Christ on a stick.

I'm reasonably crushed but best of luck to the Saints in two weeks. This household will be cheering them on.
[/quote]

Thank you sir. My boys will do you proud. Them Saints - [glow=red,2,300]HOLY COW, WE'RE THE NFC CHAMPS[/glow] ;D - are gonna go marchin' in. 8)

To be honest Judge, the Vikings lost this one more than the Saints won it ... It was a great game though - and I'm happy with the result, but if the Saints play this way against Peyton, they won't win ...

Fair points, Wizzy, but then I recall the name of this site and what it signifies! Of course we know we'll have to bring our A game to the Superbowl, but provided we do that, anything can happen.

Bring. It. On. 8)

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=35654.msg1042588#msg1042588 date=1264428568]
Fair points, Wizzy, but then I recall the name of this site and what it signifies! [/quote]

Six Crazy Turnovers???? (not quite, but....)

[quote author=darkstarexodus link=topic=35654.msg1042590#msg1042590 date=1264429196]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=35654.msg1042588#msg1042588 date=1264428568]
Fair points, Wizzy, but then I recall the name of this site and what it signifies! [/quote]

Six Crazy Turnovers???? (not quite, but....)
[/quote]

Nah, Canada, just that nothing is impossible to men who believe.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35654.msg1042420#msg1042420 date=1264399520]
Oh Brett ... Karma is a bitch, isn't it? Throw a late TD on week ... and throw a late INT to cost your team their place in the Super Bowl ... Oh well, can't say I'm in the least bit disappointed.

Whads - what are the odds he 'retires' and then 'unretires' to return to the Vikes?
[/quote]

Oh, I can't wait...

I was delighted that the phony prick was, yet again, the main reason that his team didn't get to the Super Bowl. If he does retire, his last throw as a Viking will be exactly the same as his last throw as a Packer... A mindless, needless interception that cost his team a place in the big game.

Though he'll rightly be remembered as an all-time great, there's an AWFUL lot of f#$@ing it up when it's all on the line to go with his ONE championship ring. Trent Dilfer has ONE championship ring too, you know.

But, as always, he'll pretend to be torn all off-season long, change his mind several times, cry a lot, and then, in a shock, last second decision, decide to come back again AFTER the toughest part of training camp is over, and for a ridiculous ammount of money, especially if next season is un-capped. But all "for the love of the game", of course.

Twat.

It's just been reported on ESPN that he's said it's "highly unlikely" that he'll return.

See you in late August, Benedict.

ha ha ... ok D, who do you hate more Favre or the Cowboys? :)

Interesting article comparing the '91 Cowboys vs the '09 Cowboys (I mentioned this earlier in the thread after the Vikings humbled the team). It's an interesting read for anyone who grew up on Emmit, Troy and Irvin. What amazed me most is that Miles Austin is the same size as Irvin - players looked much bigger back then, or I was much smaller!

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4851270

Back
Top Bottom