• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non LFC summer transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty insane how badly they've been managed.

From the envy of the footballing world to a joke.

Have to say Barca’s recent experience takes the shine off the idea of a “fan-owned club” for me. The politics of the club becomes impossibly complex, entrenched interest groups are bitterly fighting over their agendas, the players, staff and the board of directors are forced to take sides and this never ends.

It sounds good in theory for everyone to have a stake in the club they love, but it just might be that pragmatic and dispassionate 3rd party ownership might actually be better for the club in most cases just by virtue of the decision chain being streamlined and avoiding the internal chaos and potential corruption of the socio system.

Last edited:
It's pretty insane how badly they've been managed.

From the envy of the footballing world to a joke.

Where they ever smartly managed? Credit to them for investing in La Masia which delivered the heart of the greatest of all time team but in terms of actual transfers where they ever smart or clever. Now that you look at their finances, it seems that players clamored to play for them only because they paid ridiculous wages. Even with things stacked in their favor - culture appealing to South Americans, great city with great weather, presence of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta guaranteeing trophies, duopoly in La Liga, it seems they had to overstretch financially to win stuff.

Have to say Barca’s recent experience takes the shine off the idea of a “fan-owned club” for me. The politics of the club becomes impossibly complex, entrenched interest groups are bitterly fighting over their agendas, the players, staff and the board of directors are forced to take sides and this never ends.

It sounds good in theory for everyone to have a stake in the club they love, but it just might be that pragmatic and dispassionate 3rd party ownership might actually be better for the club in most cases just by virtue of the decision chain being streamlined and avoiding the internal chaos and potential corruption of the socio system.

Completely agree. Pragmatic third party ownership that is accountable to the supporters is the ideal. We're possibly lacking a bit in the second part of that but it beats a lot of the alternatives.

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign midfielder Lesley Ugochukwu from Rennes for €27m (£23.1m).

19 year old Defensive Mid.

Appaz may send him straight back out on loan

Annoying how United seem to be sorting out their issues and spending the necessary money, whilst we're counting pennies of Lavia, even though we're losing 2 experienced midfielders and need more than just him.

Utd have spent 180 mill and still look meh.
Onana isnt an upgrade, Mount is average and their buying Hojlunds potential.
Cant really see that as fixing their issues.

Annoying how United seem to be sorting out their issues and spending the necessary money, whilst we're counting pennies of Lavia, even though we're losing 2 experienced midfielders and need more than just him.
That’s been our model for 12 years….it’s not gonna change under these owners.

Utd on the other hand, their owners put the backing in every summer….not they’re fault the clubs won very little in the same timeframe.

Would be annoying if they finished above us again, but not the least bit surprising.

Last edited:
I've never seen the lad play, but this seems very similar to when they bought martial.

Let us see now first.
He is not that established, so this is expensive and filled with uncertainty.

They bought a striker and a keeper, and needed both. Mount makes less sense to me.
A proper center back would have been better.
But fuck them and their fans,

Have you seen who they've bought? And for how much? That's not what I call sorting out issues!

That’s been our model for 12 years….it’s not gonna change under these owners.

Utd on the other hand, their owners put the backing in every summer….not they’re fault the clubs won very little in the same timeframe.

Would be annoying if they finished above us again, but not the least bit surprising.
As it stands I'd be hugely surprised. Their team still looks crap!

As it stands I'd be hugely surprised. Their team still looks crap!
Yeah but this isn’t Liverpool 2017-2019 anymore Froggy. And yes Utd are still shit but it’s not Ole Utd anymore….no more Maguire and McFred to take the piss out of anymore.

So now that you’re all clued up on the kid, from your expert opinion….will he be the next Haaland or Cornelius?

Have a look yourself. He is no Haaland, but he is talented, without massive stand out qualities .Strong, works, is mobile, fairly quick, can finish, moves well in the box. Good with back against goal, and can hold it up and play others in.

Have a look yourself. He is no Haaland, but he is talented, without massive stand out qualities .Strong, works, is mobile, fairly quick, can finish, moves well in the box. Good with back against goal, and can hold it up and play others in.
I mean he sounds to me like another Weghorst, but slightly quicker. Have you seen some of his YT clips in Germany?? Neither have I, but I’m sure they’d be spectacular!!!

Utd have spent 180 mill and still look meh.
Onana isnt an upgrade, Mount is average and their buying Hojlunds potential.
Cant really see that as fixing their issues.

Goalkeeper aside, they'll be a stronger side with Mount and Hojlund.

I mean he sounds to me like another Weghorst, but slightly quicker. Have you seen some of his YT clips in Germany?? Neither have I, but I’m sure they’d be spectacular!!!

Nah, nothing like that carthorse. Have a look. He played in Italy, and for Denmark.
Not sure who to compare with, a mix of haaland and watkins?

Read an article about Hojlund and he’s pretty mediocre by all accounts nothing to be excited about but we’ll see.

I wonder if there is a way to calculate what % of his market value stems from his name looking and sounding pretty close to Haaland. If Haaland didn’t exist, would anyone even think of paying 70M for a big Scando striker named Hojlund? It’s like all the “Messi clones” that sprung up 10-15 years ago - now the Haaland lookalikes are in fashion.

I wonder if there is a way to calculate what % of his market value stems from his name looking and sounding pretty close to Haaland. If Haaland didn’t exist, would anyone even think of paying 70M for a big Scando striker named Hojlund? It’s like all the “Messi clones” that sprung up 10-15 years ago - now the Haaland lookalikes are in fashion.

Pedri says hi!

Has @Kay Age El compared him to Bendtner, Batistuta, Romario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom