• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non LFC summer transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dembele got to be the most frustrating footballer in modern times. Spends first few seasons in Barca injured and playing video games, then finally discovers a bit of form under Xavi who treats him like his son, even going against his own board to keep him. Signs a new contract, but inserts a "private clause" that allows PSG to sign him for a pittance, throwing Barca's plans into disarray. Generational talent, but such a shit attitude.

So the 35m clause confirmed…some cunt is going to get a Mac Allister type bargain in Olise…

Olise would be a huge downgrade over Mahrez/Bernardo, but that said there aren't too many high profile RW's about at present.

& I fucking hope the rumours Bernardo is willing to hand in transfer request to push through a move to Barca is true.

Olise would be a huge downgrade over Mahrez/Bernardo, but that said there aren't too many high profile RW's about at present.

& I fucking hope the rumours Bernardo is willing to hand in transfer request to push through a move to Barca is true.
Nah, Mahrez beginning to wane and a developing Olise (with ultra high ceiling) is at least his match right now for no net fee (after Mahrez sale). Sadly City are about to pick up a bargain and he’ll fly there.

Nah, Mahrez beginning to wane and a developing Olise (with ultra high ceiling) is at least his match right now for no net fee (after Mahrez sale). Sadly City are about to pick up a bargain and he’ll fly there.

Not buying into the hype because of all the little dance and skip moves he does. Mahrez still produced more in terms of G/A last season than Olise has 2 seasons at Palace.....long long way to go yet to convince me.

£35m is about right, neither a bargain nor overpriced.

Barca can't afford Silva (who amusingly has seemingly been begging to leave City for years now).

Anyways, Olise won't come to Liverpool to sit on the bench behind Salah when he can go to City. We should try though.

Barca can't afford Silva (who amusingly has seemingly been begging to leave City for years now).

Anyways, Olise won't come to Liverpool to sit on the bench behind Salah when he can go to City. We should try though.

The funny thing with Barca is everyone says they have no money to spend, but they sign Ferran Torres, Raphinha and Lewa for fuck knows how much it was in the end, 100M+? They still have one of the largest wage bills in Europe - that's even with Messi, Busquets, Alba etc off the books and are looking to sign both Cancelo and Bernardo, turning into City's feeder club the number of players they're signing from there.......I guess they're the Spanish Arsenal?

They look to be selling Dembele to PSG for 50m so maybe that's where the money is going.

Before last season I've always wanted a back up RW because we have relied on Salah staying injury free each and every season (which thankfully he has done) but now with the emergence of Doak, I think we may have found him. From what I've seen he's been 1 of if not the most liveliest player in pre-season.

Before last season I've always wanted a back up RW because we have relied on Salah staying injury free each and every season (which thankfully he has done) but now with the emergence of Doak, I think we may have found him. From what I've seen he's been 1 of if not the most liveliest player in pre-season.

He has, but he's got a long way to go, at least in terms of end product, but he's shown himself as a more and more viable option as an impact player, at least late in games against tired legs. It's a start, but once again, FSG should have planned better for the decline and eventual departure of Mo.

He has, but he's got a long way to go, at least in terms of end product, but he's shown himself as a more and more viable option as an impact player, at least late in games against tired legs. It's a start, but once again, FSG should have planned better for the decline and eventual departure of Mo.

No of course that's only natural, at 17 you're not gonna be the finished article but the signs are very positive...especially from a physical standpoint. Dare I say he's even better developed than Sterling was at the same age.

Cba to go into ramblings against FSG, I've made clear my feelings towards them....whether it's me alone, the hundreds on SCM and other boards, the 50/60000 inside Anfield...the model won't change so I'm not gonna waste anymore energy or time on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom