• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham disgusted at Moyes reappointment.

In Dave's presser today he says he's a winner.

29% win ratio first time round.
25% win ratio at Sunderland
28.5% win ratio at Sociedad

That's not what I call winning, you thick scottish chosen fuck.
They should have tried to get Wenger, Moyes and Fat Sam play regressive football. Arse fans are regretting the whole "Wenger Out" chants and banners. They can't help but constantly talk about Klopp on AFTV

They should have tried to get Wenger, Moyes and Fat Sam play regressive football. Arse fans are regretting the whole "Wenger Out" chants and banners. They can't help but constantly talk about Klopp on AFTV

Everyone talks about Klopp in football wherever you go, he's set the pinnacle how all fans want their club run by management.

Someone will be banned from the fume by being reasonable and logical.

[article]Can I try to answer your questions? I'm not a fan of us calling this conspiracy theory and would like us to talk about us rather than liverpool. So here we go...

You say from start of the season we didnt have any decisions for us, as a matter of fact, we had a brilliant early schedule compared to liverpool. Imagine this, by the time we played liverpool, our first competitive game of the season, liverpool already played Chelsea twice, Napoli, Arsenal, Spurs and MU. We should have taken the lead, but we drew againts Spurs, the only competitive game before liverpool. We didnt capitalise with this, Liverpool was sweeping teams away apart from MU game, which I will talk about later.

Our CL groupstage, was EL level. Could not have picked a easier group, should have helped our bpl as it was less competitive games, but again, we didnt capitalise. Liverpool had a tricky opponents, Napoli who did beat them twice and RBS. Tougher run of games for Liverpool.

Liverpool played MK Don, Arsenal and Aston villa in league cup. We got Preston, Southampton, and Oxford. Again considerably easier opposition and remember, FA refused to push the game away while liverpool travelled to Dubai for CWC and played 2 games againts respected opposition who was showing themself to the world and had to travel back to play Leicester. We again, didnt capitalise since liverpool played one bpl game less.

So we had easier schedule all over the beginning of the season, bpl, league cups and CL,except for christmas. But that seem to be your only focus. We just didnt capitalise while we had the chance.

Let's talk about VAR. Liverpool had a clear as day light penalty not given vs Newcastle, goal disallowed againts Watford, MU, us , Aston villa and that MU goal that was given eventhough VAR clearly was showing a fault. I can't remember if there was more. They were affected by VAR as much as us.

That TAA handball, looks like handball to me, il agree. Can you tell me right before it hits his hand, did it hit silvas hand or not? And why our own players didnt play to the damn whistle. Was that the winning goal, no, we lost 3-1.

You must be thinking why I am talking about CL, group stages and league cup. It's because it looks like a great setup for us to succeed. We just didnt take our chance. We played againts liverpool only once, they had no say in other games. Last season they only lost once and lost the title by 1 point. Third highest ever points tally without VAR. They look like they going on the same run this season as last season. So its no fluke.

Now, don't resort to abuse please, I just want us to stop talking about liverpool and conspiracy theories and focus in ourself. Please. Let's be constructive. Apologise if I offended anyone.
[/article]
He must be in his late 60s. Only those are the real fans that supported City since they were as good as Norwich. The younger ones seemed to have that self entitlement in their comments and posts. They've forgotten the pre-Sheikh era. Same goes for Chelsea fans and now some of Spurs ones too.

He must be in his late 60s. Only those are the real fans that supported City since they were as good as Norwich. The younger ones seemed to have that self entitlement in their comments and posts. They've forgotten the pre-Sheikh era. Same goes for Chelsea fans and now some of Spurs ones too.

The City fans used to be quite likeable when their team was struggling. I remember them singing "we're shit, and we know we are" at Anfield.

This Leicester fan absolutely spot on :

No offence boys but I'm getting really bored of opinions like this.

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate

I don't gives flying shit if someone is offside by a millimetre or not, there has to be a cut off somewhere. If you're off, you're off, whether you're off by a pixel or by ten metres. It doesn't matter. There has to be a threshold somewhere. Jonny WAS off.

If you insist there has to be daylight, for example, you still have to have a cut off somewhere so it ends up being daylight by a pixel or whatever.

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded
. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!?

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off.

*Cries - Moran beat me to it.
Except its really not accurate. At all.

I've tried to explain the frame rate thing before to show, but found this boss graphic that makes it obvious why var isn't even remotely accurate for offsides.

76a58024d33965c23440035f7a4ac657.jpg

VAR is transparent it's just that it's not transmitted to the crowd in real time. Though that isn't what most people are complaining about. As for destruction of the immediacy of the game that comes down to an individual's perception or preference - personally I want the right decision every time. Though for sure the alacrity of the PL's VAR implementation is severely lacking.

The accuracy comes down to FPS (frames per second) and there is a misconception here that the FPS isn't fast enough to accurately track a players movement (50 fps oft quoted). However whilst most people seem to believe they are using Sky's cameras (or whoever is covering the game) that isn't actually true, they are using Hawkeye, a 340 fps utra-motion camera, and the 'margin of error' using a player traveling at 23.4kph from one frame to another would be 1.91cm (to use a quote from Reddit and I can't be arsed confirming the maths so I'll take it as given). So pretty much 2cms is what should be permitted as the 'margin of error. So just as you say, not down to pixel level.

Quote from ESPN's article here : https://www.espn.co.uk/afl/story/_/id/28354140/australia-teams-decade

VAR's technical gadgetry is far simpler and in place. It has eight super slo-mo and four ultra slo-mo cameras (compared to DRS' six high-speed cameras around the crease), but the rest is merely the sound system between the on-field referee and the VAR team in Moscow, and HawkEye's three-dimensional offside line.
That's not true. Those cameras are only used for the world cup.

In the Premier league they rely on the broadcast cameras.

To be honest VAR is becoming quite tiresome. I find Wolves' goal being chalked off the same as mane, and firmino's earlier in the season, I think all 3 should have stood with the old benefit of the doubt being given to the attacker

To be honest VAR is becoming quite tiresome. I find Wolves' goal being chalked off the same as mane, and firmino's earlier in the season, I think all 3 should have stood with the old benefit of the doubt being given to the attacker

Well there's theory and reality. Your opinion is fine as a theory.

But the reality is that we were all fucking delighted when Wolves' equaliser was chalked off. Especially after the players' extravagant goal celebrations.

But the reality is that we were all fucking delighted when Wolves' equaliser was chalked off. Especially after the players' extravagant goal celebrations.
Oh I am delighted we won, doesn't change the fact that I dislike these decisions, if we had drawn that game I couldn't say it wasn't a fair result

You tell him @Portly , when that goal went in ... I was like they dont deserve a goal... and VAR helped me realize that wish.

But VAR is to eliminate all forms of doubt in such calls. After getting those two calls on Firmino and Mane, I have come to live with it as black and white decision. If they stay consistent then VAR is working.

They can say whatever they wish about LiVARpool or whatever, but if we win the title this season it will be the most fairly won title in the history of the top league in English football, because every decision would have been analysed thoroughly in terms of goals, sending offs, and of course off side decisions. No doubts/no regrets.

29 December 2010 - Liverpool lose 1-0 to Wolves at Anfield & find themselves 12th, 3pts away from the relegation zone.

29 December 2019 - Liverpool beat Wolves 1-0 at Anfield & find themselves top, 13pts clear of second place.

Fair to say it’s been some decade for the Reds.

They can say whatever they wish about LiVARpool or whatever, but if we win the title this season it will be the most fairly won title in the history of the top league in English football, because every decision would have been analysed thoroughly in terms of goals, sending offs, and of course off side decisions. No doubts/no regrets.
Well obviously we get those decisions in our favour.

We paid enough bribes for them to go in our favour.

Help me themancs have got me :(

Control the media & you control the narrative! The Dippers are not even playing that well but you hear it repeated, yesterday I got it by a Rangers fan who in 2 mins of conversation told me how we are the richest club in the world, no academy player will get in a Pep team & empty stadiums.

After I put him right he said he doesn’t watch any prem league. 2 mins earlier Liverpool were playing out of their skin.

if our full backs could get away with the shit theirs do then we’d have no defensive deficiencies. Players soon realise what they can get away with. They are an ok team but they’ve needed decisions to get them past us Spurs, Leicester, wolves, palace & Sheff utd & god knows how many others.

They are nowhere near our level & it’s Fcking bent. I’ve never minded being beaten or shit fair & square but I hate cheating & don’t want to win by it.

& as for your comment about Kompany being sent off, tell me any other decision where a 50/50 challenge on the half way line that the defenders gets to first is debated 12 months later as a bad decision cos he picked up a yellow. Ffs the same game Sterling got clattered in the box by Robertson “again” & no Fcking word!

I’m absolutely sick to death of it but you know what it opened my eyes to whole world & you realise it’s just a disgusting pit of corruption.

when blokes line Tony Blair can still walk around after lying about WMD how the fck can we ever think that UEFA, G14 & pigmol will get their commupance.

better team, don’t make me Fcking laugh!

I errr... Ummmm wow.

Ya billionaire team are shit and can't beat Wolves and ummm it's the same as Blair and WMDs

Like what's the conversation around the dinner table like with these people.
Wow

That's not true. Those cameras are only used for the world cup.

In the Premier league they rely on the broadcast cameras.
You are right I was misled ! That definitely blurs the lines. According to Givemesport : VAR uses cameras than run at 50 frames per second, with one picture taken every 0.02 seconds. According to FIFA, the VAR system had a success rate of 99.3 percent, up from the 95 percent of correct calls by referees without VAR.

However there is light at the end of the tunnel (statement from yesterday (for me +8 GMT) : football law-makers IFAB (International Football Association Board) have stated that VAR should NOT be used for marginal offside decisions.
Lukas Brud said the IFAB will issue guidance on how to implement the technology with regards to offside, which will essentially mean telling the English authorities that it cannot measure such marginal offsides - as they are not clear and obvious.
"Clear and obvious still remains - it's an important principle. There should not be a lot of time spent to find something marginal," Brud said. "If something is not clear on the first sight, then it's not obvious and it shouldn't be considered. Looking at one camera angle is one thing but looking at 15, trying to find something that was potentially not even there, this was not the idea of the VAR principle. It should be clear and obvious."

Your statement had me scurrying to investigate though. It's seems that the quality of those broadcast cameras can vary .. it may not always be the mobile versions we see Sky, for example, using but fixed cameras installed at the ground, or it could be soon if they aren't in use yet - I can't find a definitive answer to that..

Only introduced towards the end of last season, Intel’s True View camera technology could provide another angle – or multi-angles – for BT Sport and Sky punditry.
The Emirates, Anfield and the Etihad Stadium are the three stadia to have installed the 38 x 5K cameras that ring the pitch (in a deal with Intel) and allow for footage to be viewed from any angle – including from a player’s perspective.
The system uses the UHD cameras to capture volumetric data which Intel servers then process to generate three-dimensional replays from every angle.

https://www.ibc.org/create-and-produce/premier-league-var-true-view-cameras-and-piracy/4232.article

This is interesting and seems it's the way forward planned by the PL :

So unpopular has the system become amongst supporters, frustrated by the lack of communication inside stadiums and the time taken to make decisions, that anti-VAR chants are now a regular feature during games.

One of the major frustrations for fans has been the time VAR requires to check offside decisions, a result of the often lengthy process involving the video official manually generating a new offside line across the pitch for each incident. However, the Premier League plans to adopt new ‘limb-tracking technology’ to increase the accuracy and speed of offside decisions.
Developed by goal-line technology creator Hawk-Eye, the new system will use multiple cameras in order to create an ‘automated offside line’, freeing up video referees from the time-consuming task of manually constructing the line.

“The technology will track the back foot of every outfield player in each VAR game, providing a constant offside line for video referees to assess instantly, whenever a decision is deemed too close to be ruled on solely by the on-field officials,” reports the Daily Mail.
The ‘limb-tracking technology’ will only be used for checking offside decisions, leaving the Premier League still with a number of other concerns to address.

https://en.as.com/en/2019/10/30/football/1572434143_912524.html

From the Independent : https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...undesliga-mls-clear-and-obvious-a9056906.html

At this point it’s worth considering a few points you might not know about VAR. Those thick lines laid across the screen to illustrate Sterling’s offside are largely for our benefit; the VAR official uses a much more precise line just one pixel in width. The pass is measured not from the moment it leaves David Silva’s foot but from the first point of contact between the ball and his boot.

....there are several high-speed variables at play which VAR is being asked to calibrate precisely with 50-frame-per-second cameras. VAR isn’t automated; it’s a man in a room with a Hawk-Eye technician by his side trying to marry up several moving parts on a screen very quickly. He is asking for blurry frames to be stopped and minuscule lines to be moved and dots to be joined with armpits, and only once he’s made those choices does he get an answer.
If goal-line technology is comparably definitive to tennis’s Hawk-Eye – the ball is in or out, goal or no goal – then tight offsides are more like cricket’s ball-tracking, where we think we have the answer but we can’t be sure. In the United States’ MLS, VAR is used only for clear and obvious errors and that extends to offsides – if the video official isn’t certain after a quick check of the replay, the game goes on, much like cricket’s method of sticking with the umpire’s call on marginal LBWs. The Premier League has instead followed the Bundesliga model of black or white, despite a thin line of grey ...

The Premier League is open to change with all this. It has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to create a version of VAR tailored to protecting its product of fast football and it will evolve accordingly over the coming seasons. It has already learned one lesson from the Bundesliga, which came under criticism over long breaks in play as referees checked their pitch-side monitors: referees in the English top-flight have instead been encouraged to trust the advice of the VAR most of the time.

And if I'm reading this right then VAR allows for a 13cm margin of error ? So where is this seen ? In the thickness of the lines we see on TV - even though those aren't the lines used to assess ? https://www.givemesport.com/1498162...an-not-every-offside-decision-will-be-correct

But going back to that IFAB statement Givemesport said :
The IFAB have stated that this information is not new, so why have the Premier League chosen to ignore it and sour a number of games throughout the season?
Mike Riley and PGMOL (Professional Game Match Officials Limited) surely need to have a long hard look at themselves for helping fuel such dismay for the new technology. It's only been the marginal offsides that have stirred up such rage from fans and if they weren't even necessary, then it's a pretty spectacular fail by the English officiating authorities.

BTW if VAR was in operation last season we would have the PL ;) I wonder how that would go down on BlueFume.

https://www.givemesport.com/1496045...lated&utm_medium=web-view&utm_campaign=manual

He's absolutely right. I said the same today talking to my brother. If you say they shouldn't rule out goals for small margins then what is the correct margin? And if you decide it to be 5 centimeters people are going to be complaining about decisions that are 4.9 cm offside etc.
Souness idea about any part of the body being onside is stupid too. It would basically be the opposite, the offside line would now be drawn behind the player instead and we'd still see the same millimetre discussions. But yeah there would be more goals but no one would even try to attempt offside traps and linesmen would have even more problems determining if it's offside on the pitch.

Simple solution.

Scrap offside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom