• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decades ago when I was a student, a group of us were walking back to college after we'd been to see "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" when this sports car comes roaring up and stops beside us (having driven at speed the wrong way down a one-way street). The driver sticks his head out of the window and asks in a Yorkie accent: "Ey lads, can you tell us the way to the nearest steak bar?". It was Boycott, still playing in those days. Always did do things his own way.
Haha - I've met him as well. At the Oval back in the Caribbean summer of 2000 maybe? At Old Trafford. He was funny and grumpy all at the same time.

To be fair to the angry Fan... Bang out of order and nowhere near being a supporter but at the same time... what on earth where United thinking spending 95M on a player that inconsistent? He has most of the top of the line qualities needed but he isn't the greatest midfielder is he... i'd sell.

Doesn't excuse that level of abuse of a player - pretty disgusting especially when there are likely kids around who idolise the player. From our point of view its great to see this meltdown as it won't help United either a) keep hold of players or b) attract top players. Long may the decline continue!

Doesn't excuse that level of abuse of a player - pretty disgusting especially when there are likely kids around who idolise the player. From our point of view its great to see this meltdown as it won't help United either a) keep hold of players or b) attract top players. Long may the decline continue!
Yep. Pogba stood there and got involved .. he should have just walked away. I'm pretty sure he will be pushing hard to leave this Summer and that's just peachy.

Yep. Pogba stood there and got involved .. he should have just walked away. I'm pretty sure he will be pushing hard to leave this Summer and that's just peachy.

Shame this didn't happen earlier in the season as i would be great to see him go on strike again. Really intrigued to see how United tackle this summer but surely their spending power is reduced significantly by the pay-offs for Moyes, LVG and Jose (assume all of these are still being paid off?!)

If Pogba showed even the slightest bit of humility or acknowledgement that his performances have been so bad, I would say the fan was out of line.
But he doesn't, he just keeps dancing and posting on Instagram.

This is basically just a wanker shouting at another wanker.

Shame this didn't happen earlier in the season as i would be great to see him go on strike again. Really intrigued to see how United tackle this summer but surely their spending power is reduced significantly by the pay-offs for Moyes, LVG and Jose (assume all of these are still being paid off?!)
Pennies compared to income/player salaries.

There are rumours that Cardiff will not contact United for permission to speak to their Manager regarding the vacancy in case Warnock designs.

And no CL football as an attraction may mean they are shopping in the Downing/Adam end of the market
If the player is more interested in money than achievements they won't have any problem signing them. And there's plenty out there (not that you can blame them with the figures United throw around like confetti).

They won't be hamstrung in terms of finances, and they'll still be able to attract some top quality players. CL doesn't make that much of a difference.

Agree partially, in that there will be big name players who prioritise money over everything else, but one only has to look at their current squad to see the dangers inherent in that. If they keep buying the likes of Sanchez and Pogba, who have the ability but not the character, they'll also keep floundering in the Europa League spots (or worse) and paying hand over fist for the "privilege". It's at that point that I disagree with your analysis. IMHO signing players who don't care whether or not they're in the CL will indeed make a difference - it's already doing so.

Dont agree. They might not be hamstrung financially, but most top players will see a team finishing 6th, competing in the EL and with Ole as manager and think their future will be somewhere else.

They can still attract the wrong top players with a financial angle like Sanchez, but I dont see them getting top top players this summer.

According to Ole they’ll be focusing on young up and coming players and build a new team.

The other inherent danger in buying those players is you get lumbered with them on the lengthy overpriced contracts you're forced to sign just to attract them, so if you improve & want better it costs loads to get shut, or if they don't perform you end up stuck with them on huge wages.

It's a dangerous game, even with huge resources, even more so with owners like they have.

I honestly think their owners would be happy with fourth place & nothing more every season, becoming the new Arsenal.

Agree partially, in that there will be big name players who prioritise money over everything else, but one only has to look at their current squad to see the dangers inherent in that. If they keep buying the likes of Sanchez and Pogba, who have the ability but not the character, they'll also keep floundering in the Europa League spots (or worse) and paying hand over fist for the "privilege". It's at that point that I disagree with your analysis. IMHO signing players who don't care whether or not they're in the CL will indeed make a difference - it's already doing so.

A good post, JJ. But it raising one important question. Why do you put two spaces after your fullstops, you madman?

Yeah that's the point I was making. They can still attract the names, but not necessarily the characters. They won't be shopping from the Downing bin is all that I was saying.

A good post, JJ. But it raising one important question. Why do you put two spaces after your fullstops, you madman?

:D

I actually do it quite deliberately, because I reckon it makes text quite a bit easier to read than just leaving one space. Not bothered whether or not that's the conventional thing to do - far more interested in what actually works.

To me it's always been the obvious way to go, given that there are already single spaces between words within sentences. Against that background, also leaving single spaces between sentences has never made sense to me.

To me it's always been the obvious way to go, given that there are already single spaces between words within sentences. Against that background, also leaving single spaces between sentences has never made sense to me.
I do it with colons and semi-colons (put a space before them). I just HATE to seem them scrunched up against the last letter, that's just all sorts of wrong.

There is a Thread over at Redcafe titled "Let all laugh at Scousepool" og something like that. The opening poster is shortly shut down by people who doesnt find it appropriate to laugh at a team 30 points ahead of them....

Also their Klopp Thread is a little cringeworthy, especially given that They seem stuck with Ole Ole Ole

There is a Thread over at Redcafe titled "Let all laugh at Scousepool" og something like that. The opening poster is shortly shut down by people who doesnt find it appropriate to laugh at a team 30 points ahead of them....

Also their Klopp Thread is a little cringeworthy, especially given that They seem stuck with Ole Ole Ole
Yeah I read that - Well funny. There's some on there that are begging for the thread title to be changed or just deleted. Makes for a funny read anyway.

Here's a sample from GHam

What an embarrassing thread. Do you realise how much Liverpool fans will be pissing themselves at threads like this? They finished the season with 97 points and are in a Champions League final. We finished 6th and just got beat 2-0 by relegated Cardiff at home.

If we're gonna laugh at anything, it's fans like you

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom