• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games : 7th May - 12th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tierney was the ref here ... The same Tierney who refused to send off Kane or give Jota a penalty, which was a far far far more blatant penalty than what he gave last night.

I'd say there's something fishy with him and Kane/Spurs ... unless he's just a proper shift ref
He's just a proper proper shit ref. Like the worst.

Klopp hates him too.

Tierney was the ref here ... The same Tierney who refused to send off Kane or give Jota a penalty, which was a far far far more blatant penalty than what he gave last night.

I'd say there's something fishy with him and Kane/Spurs ... unless he's just a proper shift ref

The latter is my guess. He was on ManU's books as a youngster so I'd be surprised if he deliberately favoured Tottenham.

That said, I have to say IMO he got this one right. The fact that "you often see them not given" is what's wrong. The whole concept of "soft penalty" is a nonsense - there is absolutely bugger all in the rules about the amount of force applied.

The latter is my guess. He was on ManU's books as a youngster so I'd be surprised if he deliberately favoured Tottenham.

That said, I have to say IMO he got this one right. The fact that "you often see them not given" is what's wrong. The whole concept of "soft penalty" is a nonsense - there is absolutely bugger all in the rules about the amount of force applied.
Agreed, both the big decisions last night he got right without VAR.

It was a penalty, Cedric made zero attempt for the ball, it was all about moving the player out the way.

Holding was walking a tightrope, Son had him on toast. He lowered his shoulder into Son. Was a definite second yellow. He should have been booked for his first one, so no complaints from me on that either.

Tierney is VAR for the Cup final btw.
David Cootes (ugh) is the 4th official
And Pawson who failed to send off Cresswell in our West Ham defeat is the ref.

But PIGMOL has a conspiracy according to our friends over at the fume.

I mean I can't argue with the penalty (although it's not really given in footy - hence why it's "soft") and I think Holding made it easy to be sent off ... foul? 100%. yellow? Well ... Soft but can't argue with it.

That term "unsung hero" is being used too loosely. Modric is a ballon d'or winner FFS.

I agree, but I also think in 15 years time so few people will mention modric compared to other midfielders.

He's just a proper proper shit ref. Like the worst.

Klopp hates him too.

The arrogance when he didn't even consult VAR for the penalty decision says it all.

I thought Holding had to go though. That elbow was too much.
It was clear they wanted to rough Son up from the start, so in that sense, Arsenal also made their own bed here.

I agree, but I also think in 15 years time so few people will mention modric compared to other midfielders.
Well that's because he spent half his career in fucking Spurs.
Joke aside, he won't be in the Zidane tier but football fanatics will remember him.

Nice insight into team talks. Bournemouth's last league match vs. Millwall, sealing promotion

Last edited:
Also City are dropping points tomorrow despite Moyes being odds on to dropping his pants to Pep, may watch it too.

Anti jinxi thing hasn’t worked for me this season with City this season. Tried not watching any of their games too so hell with it.
I did that.. then watched them vs wolves and De Bruyne spanked 4.

So not sure what that means.

Anti jinxi thing hasn’t worked for me this season with City this season. Tried not watching any of their games too so hell with it.
So are you blaming Hal for us not winning the PL? Would we have won it without all of this anti-jinx shenanigans?

I did that.. then watched them vs wolves and De Bruyne spanked 4.

So not sure what that means.

I tried avoiding the wolves game, tuned in when it was 4-1. Also complete black out on Newcastle game but did watch Spurs and Palace games mostly so not sure what it means but thought might as well just watch what’s left now.

To be fair… the only times I think I’ve watched City in the league this season…. They drew.

They were playing us though…

Maybe I should roll the dice…. Can’t do any harm I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom