• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games thread 30/4 to 4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, part of the reason we were so shit in the final against Spurs was the gap. We're completely used to playing must win football every week. Let's see it through to the end and crown it with big ears.
This is exactly right, we don't need those big gaps, as that final against spurs was like watching two teams with some hangover. The only thing I remember is the Origi goal, as to my mind its the only moment of the game where one of the teams may have managed to string 3 passes together.

And...

[article]Alternatively though, there’s perhaps more evidence to indicate that if he had the choice, Klopp may prefer to take on Guardiola over Ancelotti. This is because the experienced Italian manager has proven to be somewhat of a thorn in Klopp’s side in recent years.

The two managers' most recent meeting came in the Premier League last season when Ancelotti’s Everton side travelled to Anfield and secured an impressive 2-0 victory. That stretched Ancelotti’s record over Klopp to three straight unbeaten matches.

Klopp has in fact managed to win just one of his last six games against Ancelotti during spells as manager of Everton and Napoli. That one win came when his must-changed Liverpool side overcame a rotated Everton team 1-0 in FA Cup third round back in January 2020.

One of the ways in which Ancelotti has enjoyed success against Klopp has been coming up with tactical plans to nullify the threat posed by his team’s usually dangerous attack. It’s striking that across those aforementioned six meetings, Klopp’s side failed to score three times, and scored more than one goal only once.
[/article]
This is where I don't get why people think we are clear favourites. We are not, I mean they are the la liga champs for one. Then their managers record is brilliant against Klopp in the way that article describes. I still remember us having a fucking brain fart in that first half against them last season at their place. Given that we have not beaten Real Madrid in our last 5 games against them, I would say we are the under dogs. I don't feel confident at all.

This is where I don't get why people think we are clear favourites. We are not, I mean they are the la liga champs for one. Then their managers record is brilliant against Klopp in the way that article describes. I still remember us having a fucking brain fart in that first half against them last season at their place. Given that we have not beaten Real Madrid in our last 5 games against them, I would say we are the under dogs. I don't feel confident at all.
Haha bloody hell Moron you are spewing your negativity all over the forum. And yes we are heavy favourites even if the whys and wherefores are beyond you.

Liverpool 8/13 and Real Madrid 3/1

Stick a good few quid on Madrid, but I don't think you'll see a return

People have been asking me allday what the score will be and I have been telling them that Real will win it 3-1 on the night :rolleyes:

I meant it this would be the score with in the 90 mins.
In reality It took Real into extra time to make it 3-1.... So the feeling I had was only half right.

i.e. If I would have placed a bet on it being 3- 1 the bookies would have not paid out as bets on wins/correct score are only taken over the 90 mins of normal pay.
But who give as fuck. We have Real in the final and we will have our revenge

People always overthink this stuff. In football there's quality and then there's luck. Sometimes a lucky team beats the quality team. Generally they don't, though.

You always want to draw the bad team that got lucky last time over the good team that were unlucky, cos of reversion to the mean.

It was great that Villarreal beat Bayern because that meant we got an easier draw. It's also great that we have to play Real in the final instead of City, because City are way better than them 9 times out of 10.

People always overthink this stuff. In football there's quality and then there's luck. Sometimes a lucky team beats the quality team. Generally they don't, though.

You always want to draw the bad team that got lucky last time over the good team that were unlucky, cos of reversion to the mean.

It was great that Villarreal beat Bayern because that meant we got an easier draw. It's also great that we have to play Real in the final instead of City, because City are way better than them 9 times out of 10.
Difficult to argue with any of this.

I think the McManaman turd made a valid point last night. When teams from the same country play in the final it’s generally shit. Us v spurs. Chelsea v shitty. Real v Atletico, Milan v Juve.

I’d still like to kerb the annoying twat.

I was also thinking how good it was we drew virrarreal, because the other draw would have seen us playing city in the final without a doubt

Not that I'm worried about playing city. I just don't want to be scrapping with the scruffy cunts on the ferry

Looking at our team, and seeing how are wondering how we might win makes me wonder how that team of 2005 won in Istanbul. What a jammy win :)

39c16df89025a2a5a3698b313dbd139b.jpg

Looking at our team, and seeing how are wondering how we might win makes me wonder how that team of 2005 won in Istanbul. What a jammy win :)

Niall mate, I couldn't disagree more with your last sentence. We upset the odds for sure, but we earned that win. It was the ultimate triumph of substance over style.

I think the McManaman turd made a valid point last night. When teams from the same country play in the final it’s generally shit. Us v spurs. Chelsea v shitty. Real v Atletico, Milan v Juve.

I’d still like to kerb the annoying twat.
If the semi final last night was Real Madrid vs Luton Town I would have still wanted Real to win. Playing another English team in a European final is crap

I don't know how any of us could have doubted last nights result. My son pointed out to me that every time we have been in a European Cup final the opposition have worn white. I didnt believe him, but I checked ... its true

I don't know how any of us could have doubted last nights result. My son pointed out to me that every time we have been in a European Cup final the opposition have worn white. I didnt believe him, but I checked ... its true

There was something about that in one of the Milan finals, they were drawn as home team, so should have worn red, but chose their white strip instead. I can't remember if it was the one we won or lost though. Or if I totally made that up.

There was something about that in one of the Milan finals, they were drawn as home team, so should have worn red, but chose their white strip instead. I can't remember if it was the one we won or lost though. Or if I totally made that up.
That was the 2005 final.
I think we may have been the home team in 2007 hence we were able to play in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom