• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PL Opposition Tidbits

He has been excellent this season. Looked like he was playing on 70-75% against Arsenal though.

I've read that Pope is possibly out for 4 months & will look to target loan move for Ramsdale in Jan.

Matchwinner against Utd and has been a good signing for Newcastle. They seem to hit on most of their recruitment.

FXOFs3aXwAEXx4U

"Quite a few players are unhappy with the style of play, they also feel that they're training too hard and that they're running too much during training. I was told that the players don't know what they're running for“

I spat my toast out reading that!

Maybe, just maybe, so that you learn to fucking track back with runners?
Exactly what got my attention too

This rant is worth watching. We’re so lucky to have Klopp and the owners who back him. If shit like this was happening at our club, I probably would have stopped supporting long ago.

Big Lolz - Man United's press officer has banned the local newspaper (Manchester Evening News) and "three other publications" (one presumably the Daily Mirror) from their press conferences due to printing stories about Ten Hag losing the confidence of his players

Also there's a interview snippet from Nemanja Matic about discipline at United:

"At Chelsea, players acted professionally, they were punctual, and were never late for training, but in United it happened almost every day. Among the players who would always be late were Paul Pogba and Jadon Sancho, and couple of other players. The rest of us who were always on time were angry, so we decided to form a kind of an internal disciplinary committee with me serving as its president. I placed a sheet of paper on the wall where I documented the names of individuals arriving late."

Can you imagine Klopp accepting lateness? Even more amusing the idea that VVD would just make a list, more like he'd rip the offending party a new one!

Last edited:
I don't bother with any of these performative angry twats anymore.
And that's what it is, a performance for clicks.

Nah, I disagree. Performative rage is people throwing things around the room whenever United concede a goal - Goldbridge used to do it in early days, but he’s since mostly calmed down (and accepted United are shite). But this thing - a group of players downing tools on purpose to sack their 3rd manager in a row and anonymously complaining in the press that he makes them “run too much in training” - is worthy of all the ranting and raging the fans can muster, particularly as the traditional football media doesn’t call them out on it and the owners are the ones guilty of creating this toxic atmosphere in the first place. If fans don’t raise a stink, no one else will.

Imagine if Klopp came and after a few months the likes of Benteke, Lucas, Sakho, Clyne and Joe Allen collectively decided their life was so much better when they didn’t have to work so hard in training and be required to gegenpress in games, so the German prick has to go. Ten Hag is not Klopp, but he is their best manager since Mourinho and some players are too comfortable in mediocrity and have been indulged for years by the owners.

Last edited:
Reactions: dee
Nah, I disagree. Performative rage is people throwing things around the room whenever United concede a goal - Goldbridge used to do it in early days, but he’s since mostly calmed down (and accepted United are shite). But this thing - a group of players downing tools on purpose to sack their 3rd manager in a row because he makes them “run too much in training” - is worthy of all the ranting and raging from fans, particularly as the traditional football media doesn’t call them out on it. If fans don’t raise a stink, no one else will.

Imagine if Klopp came and after a few months the likes of Benteke, Lucas, Sakho, Clyne and Joe Allen collectively decided their life was better when they didn’t have to work so hard in training and be required to gegenpress in games so the German prick has to go. Ten Hag is not Klopp, but he is their best manager since Mourinho and some players are too comfortable in mediocrity and have been indulged for years by the owners.

I dislike the term “downing tools” when used for multi-millionaire footballers. However, the attitude of some Man Utd players over the years has been shocking, their performances execrable. It seems to have taken hold there in particular. On field discipline is non-existent and the likes of Rashford and Martial seem to be quite happy to trott about and not give a bugger about the thousands in the ground and the millions at home funding their ridiculous incomes

Nah, I disagree. Performative rage is people throwing things around the room whenever United concede a goal - Goldbridge used to do it in early days, but he’s since mostly calmed down (and accepted United are shite). But this thing - a group of players downing tools on purpose to sack their 3rd manager in a row because he makes them “run too much in training” - is worthy of all the ranting and raging from fans, particularly as the traditional football media doesn’t call them out on it. If fans don’t raise a stink, no one else will.

Imagine if Klopp came and after a few months the likes of Benteke, Lucas, Sakho, Clyne and Joe Allen collectively decided their life was so much better when they didn’t have to work so hard in training and be required to gegenpress in games, so the German prick has to go. Ten Hag is not Klopp, but he is their best manager since Mourinho and some players are too comfortable in mediocrity and have been indulged for years by the owners.
7izabl9zgjz71.jpg

"I just don't like him".

Big Lolz - Man United's press officer has banned the local newspaper (Manchester Evening News) and "three other publications" (one presumably the Daily Mirror) from their press conferences due to printing stories about Ten Hag losing the confidence of his players

Also there's a interview snippet from Nemanja Matic about discipline at United:

"At Chelsea, players acted professionally, they were punctual, and were never late for training, but in United it happened almost every day. Among the players who would always be late were Paul Pogba and Jadon Sancho, and couple of other players. The rest of us who were always on time were angry, so we decided to form a kind of an internal disciplinary committee with me serving as its president. I placed a sheet of paper on the wall where I documented the names of individuals arriving late."

Can you imagine Klopp accepting lateness? Even more amusing the idea that VVD would just make a list, more like he'd rip the offending party a new one!
Pathetic management

Back
Top Bottom