• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll POLL: Stevie Me

Prefix for Poll Threads

Has Steven Gerrard damaged his Legend Status ?

• Yes.. tit.. Legacy tarnished.. First a slip now a stamp, what next ?

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • No.. Olympiakos, Instanbul, FA CUP.. Legend

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • Almost... Needs to Disappear to LA Galaxy pronto... (now would be ideal!!)

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the most overrated footballer in England since 2010. Used to be great - hasn't been for a long time. We should have cut him lose ages ago and moved on. Would have been better for all parties concerned.

What the fuck are you blathering on about?

This thread, with it's added POLL, is an embarrassment to this site, and it's fans/muppets.

The bloke slipped last year once, and got a rare red last week, and now all the eejits out there are talking about his legacy being tarnished. If I want to read that FICTION, I'll read the newspapers and their circulation sales narrative (that's all it is, a story to sell papers).

The only people who think he's a lesser player now, are people in their teens, who don't understand getting older, muppets, and other clubs fans.

If you are one of the above, or a closet Arsenal/United/Chelsea fan (yes you..) go post elsewhere.

And you know how reasonable I am, but this thread is a joke.

Show some respect for a once in a lifetime player who took us through some of the darkest and brightest years of our liverpool supporting adult lives. And showed incredible loyalty to boot(le).

And I'm not even a true Gerrard superfan.

Nicely deconstructed to make no point whatsoever. Not like you to be clever-clever just for the sake of it. You usually have a very erudite point, even if I don't always agree with you, although usually I do. Bad day? You seem to have a personal vendetta against one of our greatest ever players. Not sure why. Not sure what the night night comment signifies either. It's 11.49am.

Not at all. And I've no vendetta against Gerrard - as most will acknowledge, I've praised him innumerable times, but when I think he deserved criticism I've criticised him. Not enough genuflection for you? Tough.

You have this strange obsession with any kind of criticism of Gerrard, and it's driven you in this instance to an argument that makes no sense at all. First you moan about what the internet would have said thirty odd years ago had it existed. Then you decide that if referees reffed then as they do now all kinds of chaos would have happened, and then you issue bans and red cards to players for doing things thirty odd years ago as some weird kind of proof that you're making sense. Have a chill pill and calm it down. It's a thread. It's just a thread. You need to tolerate them. You want to kneel and worship St Gerrard? Great. go off and do it but stop barking at the rest of us.

The same could be said of you with Dalglish.
You went into a sulk whacking people on ignore left right and centre if anyone criticised a Kenny signing.
Double standards much?

The same could be said of you with Dalglish.
You went into a sulk whacking people on ignore left right and centre if anyone criticised a Kenny signing.
Double standards much?

You're the ultimate forum parasite, sticking your snout into other people's arguments, and for that reason I've no time for you. You made an arse of yourself a while ago shrieking at certain people, so, frankly, your contribution here is about as worthy of my time as a piece of shit on a shoe.

You're the ultimate forum parasite, sticking your snout into other people's arguments, and for that reason I've no time for you. You made an arse of yourself a while ago shrieking at certain people, so, frankly, your contribution here is about as worthy of my time as a piece of shit on a shoe.
Ah look the senile bat can't take it.
Not surprisingly.
Are you going to go into one of your strops again and disappear into obscurity for a few weeks again?
God I don't know what I'd do without those hilarious montages and carry on pictures.
You know where the ignore function is you neurotic tosser.
You've used it before with Ryan when he was correctly pointing out what a sanctimonious arsehole you really were.
If anyone disagrees with you it's all abuse.

Pack it in the pair of you..

A warning for both..

Please lets not let this decend in vile nonsense..

Well you can't have a cut off point for his legacy, can you?

It's everything the ups, the downs, the moments of magic and the lacklustre moments.

He was great for a decade, less so for half a decade. Still one of our best players ever, he's just fading badly as he hits retirement

Well you can't have a cut off point for his legacy, can you?

It's everything the ups, the downs, the moments of magic and the lacklustre moments.

He was great for a decade, less so for half a decade. Still one of our best players ever, he's just fading badly as he hits retirement

Sums it up really...

He has been a shadow of his former self for a few years now..

If my mental pictures of Silver Sean and Gk Macca are even close to correct, I would pay way more than I could afford to see them fight in real life.

My memories of Gerrard won't be the slip (for fucks sake it was a slip you'd think he'd done it on purpose at times) or the red card. To be honest at least he came on the pitch giving as fuck not like the spineless pricks in the first half. He's been a brilliant player for us. You don't have to necessarily like Gerrard the man but as a player he's been awesome for us.

Whose first memory of Gerrard isn't going to be him running back to halfway after scoring our first in Istanbul?

And if its not that, what is it?

The goal against Olympiakos?

Too many memories of too many goals, passes and tackles. It will all end up as a mental heat map of a truly great sporting phenomenon.

Whose first memory of Gerrard isn't going to be him running back to halfway after scoring our first in Istanbul?

And if its not that, what is it?

The goal against Olympiakos?

So many great memories. Those you've mentioned plus of the absolute screamers he's scored over the years. West Ham FA Cup final, Man United in the 3-1, the stormer against Boro, when he dribbled around the whole Sheff Wed defence you could go on forever.

But obviously the slip, yeh, first thing that springs to mind.

^^^ All of those (and the slip obviously!)

I remember the first time I was utterly convinced he was amazing. He'd only played a dozen 1st team games but was getting major plaudits in all the write ups. The first time I actually saw him (for some reason) he was filling in at RB. I can't remember the team we played but he shone. Head and shoulders above anyone else. He fucking ploughed through some player (fairly) and Anfield exploded! Brilliant.

Shame on those 3 voters.

What the fuck are you blathering on about?

Thought it was pretty straight forward...? I was lucky enough to see Gerrard at old toilet in the 1-4 legendary thrashing. That version of Gerrard hasn't been around for many years. I trust you are aware of that? I don't consider the contribution since 09 that immense. I think you have to be British to accept the premise of the supreme being Gerrard until 2014. I couldn't care less if this is upsetting for people here.

And I didn't vote in that fucking poll. I don't give a Shite about it or what you think about his legacy. I just want us to win.

Thought it was pretty straight forward...? I was lucky enough to see Gerrard at old toilet in the 1-4 legendary thrashing. That version of Gerrard hasn't been around for many years. I trust you are aware of that? I don't consider the contribution since 09 that immense. I think you have to be British to accept the premise of the supreme being Gerrard until 2014. I couldn't care less if this is upsetting for people here.

And I didn't vote in that fucking poll. I don't give a Shite about it or what you think about his legacy. I just want us to win.

I echo what @mark1975 said - What the fuck are you blathering about?

'don't consider the contribution since 09 that immense' - I smell a troll. @C/O Is this the type who you were referring to earlier??

I echo what @mark1975 said - What the fuck are you blathering about?

'don't consider the contribution since 09 that immense' - I smell a troll. @C/O Is this the type who you were referring to earlier??

I hope not, as @Wiberg seemed like a useful poster before. He does seem over passionate about this topic though.

Or he's a big troley fuck.

I think he's just drunk personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom