• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

POTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re adamant it’s because De Bruyne plays for city and unfair aguero never won it. Completely ignoring Salah has matched the premier league record for a 38 game season with 3 games to spare.

Somehow the always a victim Citeh lot have come up with this on the young player one:

My sentiments exactly. Don't get this at all. Great for Sane but Sterling has clearly had the better season. I don't even see how it's a contest to be honest.

Sterling could drag England kicking and screaming to World Cup victory and they'd still find a way to say it was down to someone else. Probably from Spurs.

Well done Mo, thoroughly deserved.

I don't get the whining from City fans, Salah and De Bruyne have had fantastic seasons

Delighted for him - KDB was a contender but this is an individual award as that guy on MOTD said. I think it is thoroughly deserved considering there have been very few in the PL era that have exceeded the 30 goal mark. If Stoke have to open up for the win and he is fit then I think he will maybe get a hatrick next Saturday on the assumption we don't fuck it up against Stoke - oh wait.. he could get a hatrick and we still draw the game.

When Klopp was asked about the PFA award a week ago he was equal in his praise for both contenders. Guardiola now comes out and moans it's the wrong result. And some fans call Klopp classless for complaining about a dry pitch. So Arsenal.

That ceremony just seems awkward as fuck
It seems that even rich bastards like to view the world through their phones. There was one guy who shook his hand while he was going up to the stage, and still had his phone up in front of his face while he was doing it

When Klopp was asked about the PFA award a week ago he was equal in his praise for both contenders. Guardiola now comes out and moans it's the wrong result. And some fans call Klopp classless for complaining about a dry pitch. So Arsenal.
[article]Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on why he believed De Bruyne should have won the award: "When you are analysing nine months or 10 months then there was no player better than him.

"In terms of the continuity and playing every three days in all competitions he was there. I am sorry, maybe with numbers, there are numbers guys better than him, but no player in this season with the team who wins [the title] five games before the end, and he was the best.

"I would like to feel that he deserved it. But at the end in summer time we will be at home being champions and for that to happen the players have to play."[/article]

We expect other managers to be cunts but our from our manager its a little unexpected.

Klopp has never been a happy loser:

3ponf.gif

This is pretty much what's going inside every time; he's just learned to control or hide it better.

You're comparing someone at the top of a spear against 2 wingers.

Tackles from a striker are meaningless really for most teams.

And, as is always the danger when looking solely at stats, you're taking away the fantastic work Silva and sane do

Firmino has had a good season for a striker. Sane and Silva have been instrumental in a dominant city side.

They've been better (in a different way), than bobby

Totally disagree, tackles from strikers playing in a high pressing system are far from meaningless, I wouldn't swap Firmino for either Silva or Sane and I rate both Silva and Sane as excellent.

Totally disagree, tackles from strikers playing in a high pressing system are far from meaningless, I wouldn't swap Firmino for either Silva or Sane and I rate both Silva and Sane as excellent.
I wouldn't swap him either, but that's because we don't need either of them and firmino is important to how we play.

We're probably finishing third, and theyre finishing first, and they've been as important as de bruyne for them.

But it's all opinions init

[article]Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on why he believed De Bruyne should have won the award: "When you are analysing nine months or 10 months then there was no player better than him.

"In terms of the continuity and playing every three days in all competitions he was there. I am sorry, maybe with numbers, there are numbers guys better than him, but no player in this season with the team who wins [the title] five games before the end, and he was the best.

"I would like to feel that he deserved it. But at the end in summer time we will be at home being champions and for that to happen the players have to play."[/article]

Did anyone tell him that Salah has already scored more goals in a season than anyone ever has for City, like ever, since they started?

At least Mo had the sartorial sense to wear a bow-tie (shame it wasn't self-tied, but we can't have everything). The rest wearing normal black ties just looked as though they'd come straight from a funeral.

Are you sure we saw the same Clip?

At least Mo had the sartorial sense to wear a bow-tie (shame it wasn't self-tied, but we can't have everything). The rest wearing normal black ties just looked as though they'd come straight from a funeral.
And I have it on good authority he changed into a smoking jacket and cravat for the VIP room afterwards.
b87dc6614adc26433b3f8f03c2d49e74.jpg

Is this the same award that Giggs farcically won when he was about 42 and had started 12 games and scored 1 goal?

Or was that the writers one with all the journos sucking him off because he'd never won it before?

Shocked? Nobody else was, including the bookies.
And most City fans I know fully expected Salah to pip DeBruyne to the award. They're more surprised that Sané won YPOTY when Sterling (in their opinion) was the better of the two and it's hard to disagree with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom