• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brentford (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Nice to come into this one having rested a bunch of players. I'd like to see a couple keep their starting places for this, allowing us to keep some even fresher for the CL and then City games.

-------------Alisson-------------
Trent--Matip--VVD--Tsimikas Tsimikas' delivery is incredible, both open play at set piece.
------------Fabinho--------------
------Hendo-------Jones------- Jones lookinig sharper than Naby
Salah------Jota--------Mane-- Could see an argument for Divvy

Presuming that Thiago is out for a few games at least at this stage.

Milner--Matip--VVD--Robbo
------Hendo-------Jones-------
Salah------Divock------Mane--

Robbo can be rested against Porto, keep on growing Tsimikas as a able understudy.
I'm going with Milner at RB to give Trent a bit more rest before Porto & City
Jones played well yesterday - let's continue with him.
Going with Divock due to two solid starts in a row - give Jota some more time to breathe as he's been a bit poor lately.

Milner--Matip--VVD--Robbo
------Hendo-------Jones-------
Salah------Divock------Mane--

Robbo can be rested against Porto, keep on growing Tsimikas as a able understudy.
I'm going with Milner at RB to give Trent a bit more rest before Porto & City
Jones played well yesterday - let's continue with him.
Going with Divock due to two solid starts in a row - give Jota some more time to breathe as he's been a bit poor lately.

I can get on board with Divvy starting and Jota as an impact sub.. less convinced about Millie again. Let's get Trent back in there after 7 days off.

I can get on board with Divvy starting and Jota as an impact sub.. less convinced about Millie again. Let's get Trent back in there after 7 days off.
Trent was left out of the Norwich game just so he could be ready for Brentford.

Yeah, Im not taking any chances against Brentford. Play the best available players.
We can't afford to take chances in the PL - it's going to be a long hard slog with 4 in contention. With 2 (as in us and City in previous seasons) there might be a slip up to capitalise on - or at least not lose ground, with 4 there will always be at least 1 or 2 winning and keeping the pressure on.

Strongest available team (Thiago has been confirmed as being unavailable for this one) :

Robbo in for Tsimikas, Brentford are scoring for fun at the moment and we'll need to be defensively sound. Klopp will go with Keita if he's fit. The rest pick themselves.

-------------Alisson
Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo
------------Fabinho
------Hendo-------Keita
Salah------Jota--------Mane

Brentford do not look or play like a newly promoted club. Similar to Wolves and Leeds before them, they've scraped the idea of aiming for survival, instead they've come up playing proper football and aiming for midtable spot.

There will be spaces to exploit, but it will be a proper scrap and the defence will be tested.

Brentford press high and relentlessly, so for me Robertson has to start. For all Tsimikas promise and excellent delivery, there are remaining doubts about his concentration at the back. They generally look to overload the midfield using their fullbacks, before releasing their wide attackers on one-on-one. Jones is also a no-no in midfield as he's guilty of holding onto the ball too long.

This is a decent overview of the opposition.

Last edited:
Brentford do not look or play like a newly promoted club. Similar to Wolves and Leeds before them, they've scraped the idea of aiming for survival, instead they've come up playing proper football and aiming for midtable spot.

There will be spaces to exploit, but it will be a proper scrap and the defence will be tested.

Brentford press high and relentlessly, so for me Robertson has to start. For all Tsimikas promise and excellent delivery, there are remaining doubts about his concentration at the back. They generally look to overload the midfield using their fullbacks, before relaxing their wide attackers on one-on-one. Jones is also a no-no in midfield as he's guilty of holding onto the ball too long.

This is a decent overview of the opposition.

Enjoyed that. Now, I care a bit about Brentford. Thanks for sharing.

Down to bare bones aren't we.

Thiago out, Firmino out, Milner sick, Trent out?, Keita picking up a niggle.

Alisson *Trent Matip Virgil Tsimikas Fab Hendo Jones Salah Jota Mane

Down to bare bones aren't we.

Thiago out, Firmino out, Milner sick, Trent out?, Keita picking up a niggle.

Alisson *Trent Matip Virgil Tsimikas Fab Hendo Jones Salah Jota Mane
Why are you leaving Robbo out?

No, I disagree. The Porto game is not equally important. Tsimikas started yesterday, he can play in the Porto game.
Really?

A CL group game against a game week 6 or whatever in the Prem? Not equally important??

If it was the Mancs or the Derby than ok maybe but even then that's more to do with who'd cope better.

Fucking Brentford.

Yes I'm being serious. The league is always the first priority in my book.
Unless it's April and we're out the top 4 race

Really?

OK put in this way, would you rather as of the next games...lose 4 on the bounce in the league or 4 on the bounce in the CL?

Fucking hell. We will twat Porto with Robbo or Tsimikas playing. It doesn’t matter. We have a little wriggle room in the European cup. We have absolutely no idea how much wriggle room we have in the league. I’m the league play the best we can.

Tsimikas player 75+ yesterday he sits out Saturday and comes back in midweek.

Fucking hell. We will twat Porto with Robbo or Tsimikas playing. It doesn’t matter. We have a little wriggle room in the European cup. We have absolutely no idea how much wriggle room we have in the league. I’m the league play the best we can.

Tsimikas player 75+ yesterday he sits out Saturday and comes back in midweek.
PORTO ARE A BETTER SIDE THAN BRENTFORD

4 on the bounce in the CL and it's not even close. Lose 4 in the league in a row and it's over in October. League is the most important.

Nah fuck that.. CL for me is the #1 competition.

Anyway back to the point, does leaving Robbo out for Brentford hamper our chances of winning? I think not.

So you say. But it's irrelevant. I'd rather win the PL than the CL again (though obviously want both). As has been said - there is wriggle room in the CL where teams will all take points off each other and we only have to finish in the top two. Finishing 2nd in the PL means nothing - we need every point we can get.

Nah fuck that.. CL for me is the #1 competition.

Anyway back to the point, does leaving Robbo out for Brentford hamper our chances of winning? I think not.
I'm guessing you've not seen Brentford play then .. which would be surprising considering the number of games you watch. Watch the video Squiggles posted. We need the strongest backline we can play, and Robbo is part of that, especially since Brentford like to spread the play to the right a lot, even more so on the break.

That’s not my point. I think we will twat both of them. My point is I wouldn’t risk points in the league compared to risking points in Europe. That’s why we should play our best players in the league. Add to that we finally have an option to keep Robbo refreshed.

And stop being a dickhead with the shouting.

Binomial back doing Binomial things.

I can see the logic though, Tsimikas has earned a spot and its not like we're talking about putting in a complete amateur in the back line (i.e. the Moreno days).

For me i'd prefer to see Robbo for this high intensity game and Tsimikas for the slower paced Porto game, and use KT's delivery in that game.

The good news about hearing that Brentford wanting to overload midfield with their full backs is that VVD is back and pinging cross field balls in behind. This game should have goals.

I'm guessing you've not seen Brentford play then .. which would be surprising considering the number of games you watch. Watch the video Squiggles posted. We need the strongest backline we can play, and Robbo is part of that, especially since Brentford like to spread the play to the right a lot, even more so on the break.
Watched them against Arsenal & Wolves the other day, They're a decent side...are they any better than Palace? Not for me and we dealt with them with Tsimi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom