• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brentford (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't need to be because Norwich are fucking useless.

But it's another clean sheet under his belt...didn't give away any pens, cheap fouls etc.

I'm more concerned if Trent is going to be ready.

I thought Tsimi was very good against Palace, he was strong, brave and dynamic throughout.

Last edited:
You know Klopp is going to play close to his best team this sat and then adjust accordingly for Porto. It is always one game at a time for Klopp and rightfully so.

We shouldn't get complacent against a tricky Brentford side playing in a very hostile stadium.

Agreed. Brentford has one of the top five defences in the League so far, and a pretty sharp attack as well. Going to be a hard hard match. Play the best team

There is also momentum to be had by maximising our chance of victory knowing that Chelsea are playing City meaning one (or both) will drop points and the gap develops

If we are saying that Robertson should be rested for one of the next few games then it is fairly obvious that it should be the Porto game. Our most important game coming up is the Man City match. That is the one that players (if they need a rest) should be rested for.

Personally it wouldn't bother me if he played in all three, but there we are. I imagine some of our other players will play in all three.

If we are saying that Robertson should be rested for one of the next few games then it is fairly obvious that it should be the Porto game. Our most important game coming up is the Man City match. That is the one that players (if they need a rest) should be rested for.

Personally it wouldn't bother me if he played in all three, but there we are. I imagine some of our other players will play in all three.
Poor Fabs.

https://www.sportinglife.com/footba...ons-revenge-on-xg-de-gea-saves-the-day/194731

Brentford's backline is buzzing
A fair amount of praise will be heaped upon Ivan Toney this week, and deservedly so following another outstanding display in Brentford's 2-0 win at Wolves, but I'm certain there will be plenty of opportunities to touch on his impact in the coming months.

For now the spotlight should stay on Brentford's defensive play, which is showing remarkable quality in their first ever Premier League season. Only reigning champions Manchester City hold a lower expected goals against (xGA) total than Brentford (4.27 xGA) after five matches.

brent.jpg

Although the 1.45 xGA conceded at Molineux is their highest allowed in a game, it was perhaps the best performance from Thomas Frank's side this season when considering game state.

The Bees held a two-goal lead after 35 minutes and played with 10-men from the 64th minute
onwards after Shandon Baptiste's second yellow card, events that often only invite further pressure on a defensive unit.

Not only did Brentford hold on for the victory, but they kept a third clean sheet of the season, a solid foundation in their quest to emulate Sheffield United and Leeds in impressing immediately after promotion.

They welcome Liverpool next weekend, a team averaging 3.20 expected goals for (xGF) per game this season, but don't be surprised if Frank's side keep the title contenders quiet.

De Gea saves the day
When it comes to dispensing joy and misery at random, the Super Sunday opener between West Ham and Manchester United didn't disappoint in the slightest.

Penalty drama was the order of the day, with Mark Noble missing a chance to equalise with a last-minute spot-kick that was saved by David de Gea, despite being substituted on for that one single task.

It is, of course, funny to look at the West Ham captain's touch map as our sole data analysis of the moment, but it's also worth discussing the form of De Gea. The vital save ended a run of 40 successive penalties scored against him in all competitions for United and Spain (including shootouts), perhaps an exclamation point on his return to form this season.

In what is thought of as the best metric available for measuring shot-stoppers — post-shot expected goals (PSxG) minus goals allowed — De Gea is excelling.

alli.jpg

Post-shot expected goals (PSxG) minus actual goals allowed
Post-shot expected goals (PSxG) is measured by information from the point the shot has been taken up until the shot were to pass the goalkeeper; a metric that is expected goals based on how likely a goalkeeper is to save a shot.

Only Liverpool's Alisson (+2.6 PSxG), who has snuffed out multiple high-probability chances this season, holds a better post-shot expected goals differential than De Gea (+2.0 PSxG).

Make no mistake, United need De Gea close to his 2017/18 form if they want to challenge for the Premier League title, and a crucial penalty save will only serve to boost what was a fragile confidence.

Best possible available line up. Rest some against Porto

Alisson
Trent Matip Virgil Robbo

Hendo Fabinho Jones/Naby

Salah Jota Matip

Best possible available line up. Rest some against Porto

Alisson
Trent Matip Virgil Robbo

Hendo Fabinho Jones/Naby

Salah Jota Matip
Playing Matip as a wide forward would be interesting. He'd certainly pose a threat from TAA's crosses ! I assume you wanted to put Mane into central defence? Definite pace to stop teams playing on the break when playing a high line.

Its a question so don't bite my head off. With Naby being an injury liability constantly, I wouldn't want to play him more than 60 minutes, could Tsimikas play LCM?

To be fair to @Hansern, if there was a choice which player in the squad we could clone, Matip would be a pretty good shout - this way his availability and injury problems wouldn’t be an issue and those synchronized tantrums - priceless. I don’t think 2 Salahs would work because he can’t play in any other position, 2 Virgils would make each other too complacent and 2 Hendersons wouldn’t be able to decide which one lifts the Cup.

Lest you forget when we put Wijnaldum and Henderson in central defence due to injuries, Tsimikas could end up as our sole centre forward in less than a month.

Its a question so don't bite my head off. With Naby being an injury liability constantly, I wouldn't want to play him more than 60 minutes, could Tsimikas play LCM?
No one really wants to find out Bluebell, We're past the debate of having to play players out of position. It's a no go.

The fuck isn't it....the only reason fans would say the Prem is out of favourtism.

"Favourtism". What does that even mean..?

The league is now, and always has been, and always will be, the single most important trophy for LFC, and for the vast majority of our fans (who have been around for longer than these past few years that we've been good again, at least). It just is. Everything else - including the European Cup, important and valued as it is - is secondary to the league.

To be fair to @Hansern, if there was a choice which player in the squad we could clone, Matip would be a pretty good shout - this way his availability and injury problems wouldn’t be an issue and those synchronized tantrums - priceless. I don’t think 2 Salahs would work because he can’t play in any other position, 2 Virgils would make each other too complacent and 2 Hendersons wouldn’t be able to decide which one lifts the Cup.

In my defence I was drunk. So that being the only error was quite impressive imho.

"Favourtism". What does that even mean..?

The league is now, and always has been, and always will be, the single most important trophy for LFC, and for the vast majority of our fans (who have been around for longer than these past few years that we've been good again, at least). It just is. Everything else - including the European Cup, important and valued as it is - is secondary to the league.

He's giving us OOTers a terrible name this binomial.
Maybe it's time to get Brendan back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom