• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Chelsea - (Anfield South) - League Cup FINAL - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been posted yet?

enjoyed the dancing at the end, good stuff

Just watched this now and noticed that Sammy Lee seems to have got himself back in favour again.
I thought he burned his bridges with us when he was with Everton.
Usually @gkmacca would have had the inside scoop.

I vaguely recall Sammy Lee saying a few years back that he had returned to watching games at Anfield. I can’t see the club refusing to give tickets to former players, even if they had been at Everton.

I could easily imagine Everton refusing to give tickets to former players if they had been at Liverpool though!

I vaguely recall Sammy Lee saying a few years back that he had returned to watching games at Anfield. I can’t see the club refusing to give tickets to former players, even if they had been at Everton.

I could easily imagine Everton refusing to give tickets to former players if they had been at Liverpool though!
Yea, totally agree.
But looking at the video it seemed like it was a good bit more than getting a ticket to the game.
He didn't do himself any favours while at Everton and it is good that we as a club is not bitter like the, eh, Bitters.

Yea, totally agree.
But looking at the video it seemed like it was a good bit more than getting a ticket to the game.
He didn't do himself any favours while at Everton and it is good that we as a club is not bitter like the, eh, Bitters.

I wonder what the deal is for former players coming to games. Obviously some would get the full VIP treatment, all access, best seats etc, but presumably there must be some kind of sliding scale.

“Yes, of course you can have a ticket Mr Kromkamp. Restricted view only though.”

i'm trying to figure out the story

keita tackle was at the 58th minute. he have a wound so deep that requires stitching but they do not attend to that. and there was no blood.
a wound that need stitching but no blood.

then there was a break at the 90th minute. again. they don't fix him and he played for another half an hour.

then the penalty shootout. they still don't fix him and he took the penalty.

and the best part of it. they still don't fix him and let him walk up all those stairs to collect his loser medal, and look like he walks normally (i look back the ceremony on youtube). he's not walking like a person who have an open wound that need stitches.

how irresponsible for a club to let an injured player with an open wound on his groin to walk all the way up and down the stairs to collect a loser medal.
and his steps look normal. not limping. nothing.

then only they stitch him and it was so painful that he was screaming.

something doesn't add up.

Well most injuries take some time to hurt. I fractured my collar bone once. Was still able to chat to my teammates and laugh as we walked to the nearby hospital. 90 mins later I was doubled over in pain in the waiting room.

In this case the shock and lack of blood in the nether regions probably kept the pain away. Then he got hard seeing our Virgil lift the trophy.

I wonder what the deal is for former players coming to games. Obviously some would get the full VIP treatment, all access, best seats etc, but presumably there must be some kind of sliding scale.

“Yes, of course you can have a ticket Mr Kromkamp. Restricted view only though.”
I was thinking exactly that yesterday when the cameras showed Kenny, Rush & Thommo all sat in posh seats. There is no way they can extend that to every ex player. But who draws the line, and who gets to tell Stephan Henchoz that he is a lower tier than Gary Gillespie (or vice versa) for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom