• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Chelsea (Anfield South) - Sunday 15:00

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Here we go, first chance at silverware of the season. Tricky line up for Klopp if he is worried about needing to rest/protect some players. I think Mo will start, and Darwin will be on the bench.

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Gravy

Salah
Gakpo
Diaz

Would love Nunez to start, but also happy with him as an impact sub if it helps manage his minutes.

Really happy with the back 4, endo + mac and Diaz. Allisson is out, Kelleher will hopefully do the biz.

The other 3 positions we just have to hope for the best, players returning or good performances from those who step up.

Sadly the fact neither Nunez or Salah being on the bench last night means to tell me neither will be ready to start the final, hopefully this will turn out to be untrue and we can see both start as that could well be the difference between winning and losing.

Kelleher Bradley Konate Virgil Robbo Endo Mac Grav Harvey Gakpo Diaz

Less than ideal but hopefully we can have some options off the bench to call upon.

have we heard mo and nunez are ready?

Appaz they were back out on the grass today doing rehab sessions. That at least gives them a chance to be involved on Sunday if they are able to train tomorrow or Saturday.

Hard to predict the line up. I'd expect similar to Luton but Konate probably starts and Salah and Nunez hopefully off the bench.

Disaster if Salah and Nunez aren’t available. You’d have to imagine both will want to at least be on the bench if they are to can semi fit.
Obviously would be great to win it but avoiding injuries is crucial.

Not sure what issue Nunez had in terms of fitness. If it is something minor and he can play, we should play him. I would not rush Salah to start. Too many games yet to come in this season.

Stick with Gakpo, Diaz and Elliott and then bring on Salah and Nunez in the 2nd half.
Chelsea are getting better, so we should not expect the same Chelsea we battered 4-1
I mean I mostly agree with this but Chelsea have been mostly miss all season with the odd good result.

Getting better is what Utd have shown in recent months.

I have a bad feeling about this (how rare is that nowadays). I just can't raise any enthusiasm with half a team missing and think we're going to lose because of it. A team we'd normally steamroller. It's going to be hard to take.

Our defence is first class and midfield will dominate their shitty 300m trio.

We just need whatever front three we can muster to put away their numerous chances.

4-1 again…

I suppose the Wembley woodwork will be relieved if Darwin sits this one out.

Reactions: dee
I have a 5.30am flight to Stansted on Sunday morning and then a 5.30am flight home on Monday morning. Add in pre and post match pints and I may just take advantage of the 3-5pm timeslot to have a nap.

A worrying game, as we're smack bang in an injury crisis. Chelsea may very well not be the beast they were, but there's still enough there to cause us a lot of problems.

Win this and the confidence it will do for the whole team will skyrocket.

Pep on Queef - "I still remember his debut, Derby away"

It was actually MK Dons Pep but not far off! :LOL:

I would expect all three to end up at least on the bench
I'd be reluctant to start any, solely down to the fact that I don't want the to aggrevate anything. Use them if needed, but try to avoid

I honestly enjoy Pep's press conferences more in the sense that he reveals a whole lot more than Klopp does.

Yeah but that's not good sometimes

Yeah...

46emzU.gif

Given the likely inexperience of some of the players and Kelleher not exactly being the biggest of GK's, I would hope we can avoid pens. It seems pretty likely given the results in recent times. Basically we need to get it done in the ninety minutes please.

Will be interesting to see if Chelsea stick with Petrovic or bring back Sanchez who is now fit, but will be rusty.

Given the likely inexperience of some of the players and Kelleher not exactly being the biggest of GK's, I would hope we can avoid pens. It seems pretty likely given the results in recent times. Basically we need to get it done in the ninety minutes please.
Errr wasn't Kelleher the penalty hero when we last played Chelsea in the LC final?

Back
Top Bottom