• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelleher

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Macca
Szobo
Gravenberch

Lucho
Nunez
Salah

As if Jones was any better and he was poor against City too
Curtis was not happy on the right but much better in the last 10 mins on the left.

Gravenberch was off it tonight it’s true

Shouldn't look too far ahead but City has a much easier schedule than we do.
Even with the world club cup wedged in between the Christmas fixtures.
I still think we'll top the league by the end of the year.

Shouldn't look too far ahead but City has a much easier schedule than we do.
Even with the world club cup wedged in between the Christmas fixtures.
I still think we'll top the league by the end of the year.
Our away form is pretty shit for a team that wants to challenge for a title. So its not that simple.

---------------------------Kelleher--------------------------

Trent----------Matip---------------Virgil---------Tsimikas

-------------MacAllister-----------Gravenberch----------

-------------------------Szoboszlai---------------------------

Salah--------------------Nunez------------------------Diaz

In before Dreamy

Let’s get back to winning ways in the league. We go into this having played good football in recent weeks.

Kelleher

Trent
Konate
Virgill
Tsimikas

Alexis
Gravenberch
Szoboszlai

Salah
Nunez
Diaz
Ha I let you take the reins back after I successfully navigated our toughest away game avoiding defeat.
My work is done for a while.

---------------------------Kelleher--------------------------

Trent----------Matip---------------Virgil---------Tsimikas

-------------MacAllister-----------Gravenberch----------

-------------------------Szoboszlai---------------------------

Salah--------------------Nunez------------------------Diaz
Yep. This team.

I’d say Gakpo must be close to starting, but probs not after playing the full 90.

Nunez needs a goal, he’s starting to revert to being a bit average again - hopefully he’ll start smashing them in again, but it’s looking like his confidence is draining again, just at the time Gakpo’s is rising.

I would start Jones and not because I desperately want to earn @moron ’s “Like” (which of course I do!), but because he always looks better at LCM and Gravvy can be a bit inconsistent. Jones was rusty in his first game back and mostly out of position in the 2nd, but he has enough credit in the bank to persist with him.

Last edited:
I would start Jones and not because I desperately want to earn @moron ’s “Like” (which of course I do!), but because he always looks better at LCM and Gravvy can be a bit inconsistent. Jones was rusty in his first game back and mostly out of position in the 2nd, but he had enough credit in the bank to persist with him.

I reckon you could flip a coin between the two.

At least the Diaz vs Jota debate can be put to bed for a few months. A settled front 3 will do wonders.

Any spares? Over for my daughter's 21st ... So on the cheeky off chance ... [emoji6]

I'd opt with Jones. Fresher legs edges it and he deserves some game time. Coming back against City isn't a cakewalk.

If Nunez hasn't scored by 55 I'd bring him off for Gakpo. I think we're back to it being 50/50 who starts at 9. Gakpo looked sharp yesterday.

Gravenberch isn't a natural for the LCM, he is more of a 'roamer' which I think was why he didn't get game time in Germany. Jones, however, is more positionally disciplined.

For Fulham I agree it's a toss-up for who starts and I'd be confident with either. Great place to be when you consider they are 21/22 years old. Add those two to Elliott (20) and Bajcetic (19) and you realise how well we've done in recruitment

We've been creating and squandering a lot of chances lately, surely someone is going to get a proper shoeing soon? I mean, I know we're averaging like 3 goals a game, but I mean a Manc 7-0 level shoeing.

We've been creating and squandering a lot of chances lately, surely someone is going to get a proper shoeing soon? I mean, I know we're averaging like 3 goals a game, but I mean a Manc 7-0 level shoeing.
They’ll get a proper shoeing if and when it costs us dearly. So far this season you have to say it hasn’t. In the games we dropped points we got what we deserved on chances created. (Other than Spurs which wasn’t on us)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom