• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah no biggy. he misses a Bournemouth and a Chelsea match. Maybe an arsenal match. Maybe not (Feb 3)
Round of 16 ends 31 Jan.
QF ends 4 Feb.

He is most definitely out of Arsenal (A), probably the toughest game left in our league calendar.

Round of 16 ends 31 Jan.
QF ends 4 Feb.

He is most definitely out of Arsenal (A), probably the toughest game left in our league calendar.

Best try and get a buffer ahead of them then

Positive news RE: Jota from Klopp's presser just now,

@dmlynchlfc
Diogo Jota was running yesterday as he steps up his recovery from a muscle injury, according to Jurgen Klopp. He remains behind Alisson Becker (back for Manchester United) in terms of progress, but that is a surprisingly positive update on his fitness.

First time a Fulham player was tackled. They had up to then been waltzing through that midfield area as if on a training ground jolly.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Tbh I'm hopeful, but I can't see it.
I was but I’ve seen nothing yet considering we’re comparing him to Owen at the same age and it appears he’s injury prone. Another Harry Wilson, solid pro but not at LFC.
Would love to be wrong.

I was but I’ve seen nothing yet considering we’re comparing him to Owen at the same age and it appears he’s injury prone. Another Harry Wilson, solid pro but not at LFC.
Would love to be wrong.

Harry Wilson had more end product i think. I just am not seeing enough from doak other than dribbling and a low centre of gravity

Harry Wilson had more end product i think. I just am not seeing enough from doak other than dribbling and a low centre of gravity
Ya he does but similar he was toted as a star and is a solid premier league player but not elite and you need to be to make here as a forward, he still has time but I don’t see it.

He's like 17. Give the lad a chance FFS

No i get that, but sometimes you have a feeling that something just won't work out. Obviously i hope it does and i'm not writing him off, i just think others on here are expecting too much.

I think he'll end up being a dependable, tricky winger at a mid table side. Thats not to say he's poor.

In my mind i'm remembering what harvey was like at a similar age, and harvey seemed much better and much more involved. Harvey (so far) isn't where i expected him to be, but there was enough promise there and variety in his game to know he would be decent enough for us on rotation.

No i get that, but sometimes you have a feeling that something just won't work out. Obviously i hope it does and i'm not writing him off, i just think others on here are expecting too much.

I think he'll end up being a dependable, tricky winger at a mid table side. Thats not to say he's poor.

In my mind i'm remembering what harvey was like at a similar age, and harvey seemed much better and much more involved. Harvey (so far) isn't where i expected him to be, but there was enough promise there and variety in his game to know he would be decent enough for us on rotation.
I followed Sterling's development in our reserves back in the day. Same size, same position etc.
Honestly, Doak isn't even close to Raheem's level.
So it all depends on what your expectations are.
He could mind as well turn out to be another Paul Anderson

Last edited:
Would love to be wrong.

Who is comparing him to Owen?

I followed Sterling's development in our reserves back in day. Same size, same position etc.
Honestly, Doak isn't even close to Raheem's level.
So it all depends on what you're expectations are.
He could mind as well turn out to be another Paul Anderson

That doesnt matter though. Players will develop and progress individually, and we seem to take more careful approach with young players these days given the injuries like Bajcetic have had. I think we are really careful with the workload and the intensity. The development might take a longer time but their careers will probably be pronlonged.

To have doubts at this stage about Doak is just foolish. Nobody knows yet. Give him time.

Would love to be wrong.

You've seen nothing because he's not had any minutes to show anything, well barely. We saw what he can do in pre-season, he was our best player.

I said he should've been sent on loan if we didn't have plans for him to play and I can guarantee we'd all be sat here now with very contrasting views, kids need to be playing league football against men...not one week sitting on the bench and the next playing for the u21s.

We've done him no favours these past 5 months.

Ya he does but similar he was toted as a star and is a solid premier league player but not elite and you need to be to make here as a forward, he still has time but I don’t see it.

He has plenty of time, just like Salah at 21 and deemed a failure still had plenty of time, same with KDB.......both went on loan and reinvented himself, rest is history. Many players have followed down this path.

If he was 20/21 and hadn't yet made a senior appearance for the club, i.e Musliaovski i.e Fraudenorf, i.e Glatzel, i.e Beck, Clarkson etc then yes you can say their last chance saloon has come and gone and thus won't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom