• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are probably 3 positions up for grabs now for the run in to the end of the year, not just this game as most of the positions have a clear starter due to injuries/lack of depth.

The places up for grabs are

RCB - seems to be Matip v Konate. For me Joel is miles better and starts when fit, he just has all the attributes that compliment VvD perfectly and he's smarter positonally when Trent steps infield. I think he starts v Fulham and he keeps going

LCM - Jones had it to himself up until his red card, then missed a month through suspension and looked average since coming back. His timing couldn't really have been worse as his suspension coincided with Gravenberch getting physically up to speed and putting in some eye catching performances. For all his obvious talent Gravenberch looks like the sort of player who can be 8/10 one week and 4/10 the next. I suspect Jones starts v Fulham because he didn't midweek, but he's got to deliver or he will find himself back on the bench

CF - With Jota out for a while the two wide positions look nailed down, the CF position looks anything but. Nunez looked ready to kick on after his heroics v Newcastle, but it didn't happen. He's gone cold, at least in the PL with just 2 goals since August. He's been unlucky at times, but he's also been extraordinarily wasteful too, he looks more effectiveoff the bench when a game opens up. Gakpo was meant to start this season running after joining last January, but again he just hasn't. He's played well in parts but he's starting to look like a player that's struggling at this level. I don't think he starts today despite a good run out midweek. Nunez looks more dangerous, marginally.

‐--------------------Kelleher
Trent -- Matip ----VvD ---Tsimikas
---Szoboszlai -- Mac---- Jones
Salah ------------ Nunez -----------Diaz

Our XI's are generally pretty predictable mainly because the gap of quality between then and the others.

RCB - seems to be Matip v Konate. For me Joel is miles better and starts when fit, he just has all the attributes that compliment VvD perfectly and he's smarter positonally when Trent steps infield. I think he starts v Fulham and he keeps going
One aspect with Matip´s play that is sometimes neglected is his ability to advance the ball forward. I'm talking about his so called "adventures".
I think that ability helps us in games when our opponents are sitting back inviting us to attack.

subs
  • 2Gomez​
  • 3Endo
  • 5Konaté
  • 13Adrián
  • 17Jones
  • 18Gakpo
  • 19Elliott
  • 50Doak
  • 78Quansah
Adrian instead of Pitluga as 2nd goalie

Fulham XI - Leno Tete Bassey Ream Robinson Palhinha Reed Pereira Wilson Iwobi Jimenez

Fulham are shit. Get an early goal and this game ends 5-0.
I just hope we don't underestimate them.

The "Donkey" needs to be sharp in this one. Otherwise Gakpo needs to start.

Fulham are shit. Get an early goal and this game ends 5-0.
I just hope we don't underestimate them.

The "Donkey" needs to be sharp in this one. Otherwise Gakpo needs to start.
Just target Bassey…he’s not anywhere near the level to cope with top level pace / movement..

Arsenal away in the FA cup 3rd round. We arent very good at getting lower league sides.
Lets smash these cunts today instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom