• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t.

Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago
Keita
Milner
Elliott
Jones
Oxlade Chamberlain

How many more do we need?

I don’t.

Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago
Keita
Milner
Elliott
Jones
Oxlade Chamberlain

How many more do we need?
Tell me an alternative line up if we lose Fabs and Hendo, (that could be competitive)? Kieta is good for a dozen games a season at best. Milner is nearer 40. Ox when fit is not inconsistent.
I think a player like Ward-Prowse would strengthen the MF.

Strengthen? Yes but he wouldn’t brink what fabs and Hendo bring to the party. He’s also outside our usual age group. You’re upgrading the Keita and chamberlain positions.

Fabs is available 90% of the time so I don’t know why you’re overly concerned there. Hendo is missing a lot more and that’s where Elliott, Keita and Jones need to step in.

Peter Walton (whoever he is):

[article]“The law is strict when a player lunges in as Kane did. Whether it is from the front, side or back, a challenge like that always risks a red card, especially when contact is made above the ankle,” said Walton in The Times.

“If the on-field referee, Paul Tierney, had considered the incident to be serious foul play at speed, it would have been fair to send him off.

“What saves the England striker is that Robertson’s foot was not planted. The Liverpool man’s raised leg limited the force of the tackle and convinced Tierney that there was no serious foul play.

“Both a booking and a red card are justifiable, therefore the referee did not make a clear and obvious error, and VAR was correct not to intervene."[/article]

So if I'm reading this, Robbo had to leave his foot in - to be potentially broken - for the right call to be made?

Strengthen? Yes but he wouldn’t brink what fabs and Hendo bring to the party. He’s also outside our usual age group. You’re upgrading the Keita and chamberlain positions.

Fabs is available 90% of the time so I don’t know why you’re overly concerned there. Hendo is missing a lot more and that’s where Elliott, Keita and Jones need to step in.
He wasn't for large chunk of last season and is out now. Players also need rest. I said ward-prowse as an example, I think Ward-Prowse could deputise both Hendo's and Fab's roles adequately, well better than what we have now. Obviously there literally hundreds of players to choose from, regardless to say, the original point to strengthen stands and f that means we have to sell a player Kieta, so be it

[article]“The law is strict when a player lunges in as Kane did. Whether it is from the front, side or back, a challenge like that always risks a red card, especially when contact is made above the ankle,” said Walton in The Times.

“If the on-field referee, Paul Tierney, had considered the incident to be serious foul play at speed, it would have been fair to send him off.

“What saves the England striker is that Robertson’s foot was not planted. The Liverpool man’s raised leg limited the force of the tackle and convinced Tierney that there was no serious foul play.

“Both a booking and a red card are justifiable, therefore the referee did not make a clear and obvious error, and VAR was correct not to intervene."[/article]

So if I'm reading this, Robbo had to leave his foot in - to be potentially broken - for the right call to be made?

Walton was an awful ref, so its no surprise that he's an awful pundit as well.

Tell me an alternative line up if we lose Fabs and Hendo, (that could be competitive)? Kieta is good for a dozen games a season at best. Milner is nearer 40. Ox when fit is not inconsistent.
I think a player like Ward-Prowse would strengthen the MF.
Well he's passed that already in 20-21.

Keita (the correct spelling) : 13 games (8 PL, 2 EFL & 3 in the CL) and 3 goals so far this season. If he can stay relatively clear of injuries after having been remarkably unlucky in his time with us (and he wasn't this prone in Germany) then he's a very good player and a valuable squad member for us.

Last edited:
The good thing is that it’s been talked about now. Shearer and a somewhat reluctant Jenas laid into Tierney last night with Shearer even admitting referees do let off lightly England captains. On YouTube Stewart Robson and Julienne Laurens said what we have all known; the quality of the officiating in the Premier League in general is has been the worst it has been for years. And Mike Riley is right in the thick of it. Tierney is just the latest and probably the most incompetent of a thoroughly poor set of officials.

Last edited:
We will lose Keita for the Afcon. At times he has looked half decent but he often fades probably due to lack of match fitness. Even when he is fit he's doesn't get in if the rest are fit. So bit like the Ox, never seems to get a long enough run to get really match fit. But he made a positive start back after a lay off.

On the Ref thing, we haven't done that badly over the last 2 years or so. Yes Tierney was bad yesterday but the real culprit was VAR. Chris Kavanagh. He sent Tierney to the monitor for Robbo but judged Kane as not a clear and obvious error. That was a poor decision. Feckin' eejit..

The good thing is that it’s been talked about now. Shearer and a somewhat reluctant Jenas laid into Tierney last night with Shearer even admitting referees do let off lightly England captains. On YouTube Stewart Robson and Julienne Laurens said what we have all known; the quality of the officiating in the Premier League in general is has been the worst it has been for years. And Mike Riley is right in the thick of it. Tierney is just the latest and probably the most incompetent of a thoroughly poor set of officials.

LOL - he said that? Like England captains who kick an opponent in the head just before a world cup and it gets brushed under the carpet by the FA?

Walton is the BT Sport ref pundit. He's awful. I'm surprised he's still employed to be honest.

The fact is, VAR didn't even invite Tierney to have a second look, like his did for Robertson.

The fucking thick cunt!

However, England's problem is that refs are abused from grass roots upwards. So you are left with very very very few people who actually want to be a ref. So when the talent pool is so shallow, it's only natural that those who are the top officials, are actually quite shit.

The best of a bad bunch for me is actually Oliver.

So that's the origin of Klopp's "I don't know what Mr. Tierney got against me" comment. Stats back up the feeling.

I've been on the fence regarding Milner for a while, but he's done. Everytime he plays now he's miles off the pace of the game. His role now seems to becoming on at about 65 mins to clatter into people and mistime tackles. Love the bloke but he shouldn't be in the squad next season

However, England's problem is that refs are abused from grass roots upwards. So you are left with very very very few people who actually want to be a ref. So when the talent pool is so shallow, it's only natural that those who are the top officials, are actually quite shit.

The best of a bad bunch for me is actually Oliver.

What abuse? When was the last time an English ref had his severed head mounted on a stick?

I've been on the fence regarding Milner for a while, but he's done. Everytime he plays now he's miles off the pace of the game. His role now seems to becoming on at about 65 mins to clatter into people and mistime tackles. Love the bloke but he shouldn't be in the squad next season

He could come on against Everton and Spurs at Anfield at the 85th min to mistime some tackles. That would be grand

Ugh, the "dream team" for the Chelsea game...

Oh FFS. The club should make a noise about him and his record - either in the media or club to FA. I doubt they'd remove him from the game but he may just feel the pressure to become at least impartial.

But how much would it cost to buy a utility player like Milner. His experience etc, his willingness to play almost any position, an valuable option on the bench. Plus he passes on his knowledge and guidance to younger players. Players like Milly and Gary Mac before him are rare finds, and to get them scot free even better. Don't let them go unless they want out.

But how much would it cost to buy a utility player like Milner. His experience etc, his willingness to play almost any position, an valuable option on the bench. Plus he passes on his knowledge and guidance to younger players. Players like Milly and Gary Mac before him are rare finds, and to get them scot free even better. Don't let them go unless they want out.
Yeah I generally agree with this. However, we must be careful with how and against who we play him. In retrospect Spurs didn't suit him at all because every time they got the ball they heaved it over the top which meant him running his, ever slowing, arse back and forth all game. He'd be much better suited to a match in which we generally dominate and pass the ball around with that team lacking pace in attack to go the 'Spurs route'. Should we have that luxury.

Why are cunts like Frogfish still posting in a pre match thread for a game that ended two days ago ?

Why are cunts like Frogfish still posting in a pre match thread for a game that ended two days ago ?

He says, posting in the pre match thread for a game that ended two days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom