• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Thread - Chelsea (a) - Sun 13th 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Harvey was superb when he came on and won more duals that most and was very direct and positive.

Doak was a waste of a sub.

Nunez was ok.

Robbo much improved after Curtis came on.

Konate easily motd.
Allison second.
Alexis third in a fill in position.

The signs are there for a great team.

Ali, Alexis and CB's were all very good.

Szobo Diaz mixed.

Trent Jota poor

Robbo and Gakpo disasters.

Salah brilliant first half hour and then did fuck all rest of the game.

Nonsense. And you disagreeing is proof that I'm right.
And the ref, var and commentary are proof your opinion is off the mark but would rather insult than concede that that’s why it was called that way.
His elbows were tucked in a natural position.
Would have been super harsh.

I think folk are going overboard about Trent being poor on the ball today…mixed for me.. for instance our offside Mo goal was from a delightful through ball..

And the ref, var and commentary are proof your opinion is off the mark but would rather insult than concede that that’s why it was called that way.
His elbows were tucked in a natural position.
Would have been super harsh.

I thought it was because it was close to his body, not a natural position per se.

As soon as is saw the replay a second time I was pretty sure it wouldn't be given. It was the right call imo.

Can't remember anything meaningful Trent did with the ball like we usually see from him, but on the flip side he actually did ok defensively. All of Chelsea's attacks came down our left with James and Sterling.

The best thing to come from today is Klopp saying he has a long shopping list. The balance of the midfield was off and ultimately we're fortunate to get a point at a pretty lacklustre Chelsea side.

Szoboszlai and Mac Allister applied themselves well, but we're not going to see the best of either without more structure and solidity. Gakpo should never feature in midfield again. Jones or Elliott had to start.

Trent was off the pace, which didn't help.

Overall I think Klopp has got away with one here. The selection and tactics were not right.
He didn’t have much choice, Jones has a niggle so Gakpo started in midfield and was fairly anonymous and Andy struggled behind him also. We done well to get a point, our main problem was not being able to hold on to the ball.

I think folk are going overboard about Trent being poor on the ball today…mixed for me.. for instance our offside Mo goal was from a delightful through ball..
That he should have played earlier.
Go back and watch him on the ball compared to the two new signings and he was so far off it.
Sob reminds me of a leaner more mobile Emre Can.

He didn’t have much choice, Jones has a niggle so Gakpo started in midfield and was fairly anonymous and Andy struggled behind him also. We done well to get a point, our main problem was not being able to hold on to the ball.

Could've played Elliott??

The commentary that expected it to be given, you mean..? The ref who was brutal all day long? And VAR..?!?!? Yea, right, horse.
Until they saw the replay and said they didn’t think it would be. Those commentators? It’s pathetic how people are so one eyed with var. Ruled out a goal each and got that decision right too.

Also am alone in thinking you can’t be offside if you are off the pitch?

Thought the commentary missed that and should have been a pen for us?
If the attacking player re-enters from the goal line and becomes involved in play before:

• the next stoppage in play or

• the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area
the player shall be considered to be positioned on the goal line for the purposes of offside.

I thought it was because it was close to his body, not a natural position per se.

As soon as is saw the replay a second time I was pretty sure it wouldn't be given. It was the right call imo.
Proximity definitely played a part but if his arm was out it’s given.

Virgil, boss!

11 clearances
3 interceptions
3 ball recoveries
3/4 accurate long balls
100% of ground duels won
100% of aerial duels won
Aye, both he and Ibou were very good back there.

Almost scored a banger too.

Yeah but if you mean he therefore can't play MF then I'd strongly disagree.
No I think he could but if get a DM it would be on a rotation as we have two perfect CM’s now and no CL to rotate our best players to keep them fresh. Everyone will be well rested.

If the attacking player re-enters from the goal line and becomes involved in play before:

• the next stoppage in play or

• the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area
the player shall be considered to be positioned on the goal line for the purposes of offside.
Fair enough then. Shame. Would have been a sensational smash and grab.

No I think he could but if get a DM it would be on a rotation as we have two perfect CM’s now and no CL to rotate our best players to keep them fresh. Everyone will be well rested.

Yeah I know that.

I'm saying we shouldn't have bought Szoboszlai and instead just moved Trent.

It's too fucking late now though. We're stuck with this hopeless bullshit that Trent can play 2 positions at once. It'll completely fuck us over imo.

Chelsea players were so good under pressure. We really struggled to win the ball back today.
Enzo was sublime at skipping out of a tackle.

Reactions: dee
Until they saw the replay and said they didn’t think it would be. Those commentators? It’s pathetic how people are so one eyed with var. Ruled out a goal each and got that decision right too.

Did I criticize either goal being ruled out, Pat? Or did I just talk about the one decision that I feel they got wrong..? But carry on, mate. As you were...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom