• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Union Saint-Gilloise (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelleher plays - that’s a given.

Defence :
Gomez & Quansah should be the CBs.

Bradley is primed for a start at RB, and you’d expect Chambers at LB.

Midfield :
Endo should probs start at DM - Mac A will start there against Utd (who are without Fernandez).

The 2 mids…. Just not Slobbers… either Gravy or Jones and “someone”.

Forwards :
Diaz needs to not play - so Doak on the left.

Mo needs not to play…so does Harvey play on the right?

Then in the centre… whoever’s not starting against Utd - Gakpo or Nunez.

Load the bench with kids - keep it tight - and bring them on early.

Or….

We could do what we did in the League Cup in the title winning season and play a team likely to get thumped - I have fond memories of that game.. eh @the count ????

Klopp never plays a proper reserve team. Remember that dead rubber a few years back that saw Jota out injured for a few months?

Kelleher plays - that’s a given.

Defence :
Gomez & Quansah should be the CBs.

Bradley is primed for a start at RB, and you’d expect Chambers at LB.

Midfield :
Endo should probs start at DM - Mac A will start there against Utd (who are without Fernandez).

The 2 mids…. Just not Slobbers… either Gravy or Jones and “someone”.

Forwards :
Diaz needs to not play - so Doak on the left.

Mo needs not to play…so does Harvey play on the right?

Then in the centre… whoever’s not starting against Utd - Gakpo or Nunez.

Load the bench with kids - keep it tight - and bring them on early.

Or….

We could do what we did in the League Cup in the title winning season and play a team likely to get thumped - I have fond memories of that game.. eh @the count ????

I think you nailed it @StevieM :

Kelleher - Bradley/Quansah/Gomez/Chambers (or the other LB U21) - Endo / Gravenberch / McConnell - Elliott/[Striker]/Doak

Strong enough to be competitive and not trigger any sanction from Uefa

The game that will give Klopp a headache is the League cup game against the Hammers that is sandwiched between the Man U and Arsenal games. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Last edited:
The game that will give Klopp a headache is the League cup game against the Hammers that is sandwiched between the Man U and Arsenal game. But that's a discussion for another thread.
Yeah THAT really isn't great and I'd happily forfeit

Maybe give Nunez some time to see if he can stay onside often enough to get the ball in the back of the net - bit of practice maybe.

I'm more confident of him taking the piss out of uniteds back line than I am st gilloise.

The game that will give Klopp a headache is the League cup game against the Hammers that is sandwiched between the Man U and Arsenal game. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Treat it like when we were at the club world cup

Rest every important player and save them from the trip - for me this means Trent, Ibu, Virgil, Mo. Play those we need minutes for - Jones, Gakpo, Elliot.

finally - play the man who needs a goal ahead of United.

Kelleher

Bradley
Quansah
Gomez
Chambers

Endo
Elliot
Jones

Doak
Nunez
Gakpo

Subs - U21s

After this we have three home PL games - United, Arsenal, West Ham. Fresh legs can bring 3 wins.
Oh no no no. No : Quansah, Gomez, Nunez or Gakpo SvP.

Klopp never plays a proper reserve team. Remember that dead rubber a few years back that saw Jota out injured for a few months?
I liked the league cup one when we had the club world cup the next day. No idea who these lot were and what are they doing now, apart from Harvey, Kelleher, Van den Berg (is he still with us?) and Hoever (sold to Wolves I think?)

Kelleher
Hoever Boyes Van den Berg Gallacher
Chirivella Christie-Davies Kane
Longstaff Hill Elliott

I liked the league cup one when we had the club world cup the next day. No idea who these lot were and what are they doing now, apart from Harvey, Kelleher, Van den Berg (is he still with us?) and Hoever (sold to Wolves I think?)

Kelleher
Hoever Boyes Van den Berg Gallacher
Chirivella Christie-Davies Kane
Longstaff Hill Elliott
Van der Berg on loan at Mainz (for now!)

Didn't we play a reserve team against Milan a few years ago?
Not a full XI, the only time that's happened under Klopp was the Villa hammering & that was more or less forced.

The likes of Harvey Jones Endo Gakpo and Gomez are more or less nailed on to start this 1 even though some would prefer them not to.

Is Jota not back in training - did I read that somewhere?

If he is, then surely he might play sone part in the West Ham or Arsenal games?

Is Jota not back in training - did I read that somewhere?

If he is, then surely he might play sone part in the West Ham or Arsenal games?
Yeah that could be the target. Would be great if he made it to the West Ham game.

Yeah that could be the target. Would be great if he made it to the West Ham game.

I wouldn’t risk him for that.

I think he likes scoring against Arsenal though - so that might be the one.

Surely Darwin scores soon.

Man U are playing tonight, basically giving them two more days rest.
Klopp already mentioned that he will rotate the team during the event yesterday, I just hope he doesn't risk any of the players he expects to start against Man U.

Man U are playing tonight, basically giving them two more days rest.
Klopp already mentioned that he will rotate the team during the event yesterday, I just hope he doesn't risk any of the players he expects to start against Man U.

Yeah but they have to win, so they’ll be fielding a strong team - whereas we won’t - so a lot of our key players will have been rested for over a week.

We’ll play some first teamers - but Ud be shocked if Ali, Virg, Trent, Greek, Mac A, Slobbers & Mo play a part at all.

Irish Kev, JoGo, QAnon, Harvey, wee Ben, Bradley, Chambers& Endo are likely along with either Gravy or Curtis and Darwin or Gakpo.

There is a very good chance of winning a trophy, he will play a strong team against West Ham
We can afford to play a weaker side and still beat Utd at home so I'm hoping Quansah Bradley Endo Harvey Jones Doak (presumably all starting v USG) all keep their place at Utd and then we go near enough full strength for West Ham.

v USG - Kelleher Bradley Gomez Quansah Chambers Endo Mcconnell Jones Doak Gordon Koumas

v Utd - Ali Bradley Konate Quansah Kostas Endo Harvey Jones Doak Nunez Gakpo

v West Ham - Ali Trent Virgil Konate Kostas Endo Szobo Grav Salah Nunez Diaz

Last edited:
Yeah but they have to win, so they’ll be fielding a strong team - whereas we won’t - so a lot of our key players will have been rested for over a week.

We’ll play some first teamers - but Ud be shocked if Ali, Virg, Trent, Greek, Mac A, Slobbers & Mo play a part at all.

Irish Kev, JoGo, QAnon, Harvey, wee Ben, Bradley, Chambers& Endo are likely along with either Gravy or Curtis and Darwin or Gakpo.
McConnell may get a look in too

We can afford to play a weaker side and still beat Utd at home so I'm hoping Quansah Bradley Endo Harvey Jones Doak (presumably all starting v USG) all keep their place at Utd and then we go near enough full strength for West Ham.

v USG - Kelleher Bradley Gomez Quansah Chambers Endo Mcconnell Jones Doak Gordon Koumas

v Utd - Ali Bradley Konate Quansah Kostas Endo Harvey Jones Doak Nunez Gakpo

v West Ham - Ali Trent Virgil Konate Kostas Endo Szobo Grav Salah Nunez Diaz

Id be shocked if Ali plays in the League cup ahead of Irish Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom