• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Union Saint-Gilloise (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can afford to play a weaker side and still beat Utd at home so I'm hoping Quansah Bradley Endo Harvey Jones Doak (presumably all starting v USG) all keep their place at Utd and then we go near enough full strength for West Ham.

v USG - Kelleher Bradley Gomez Quansah Chambers Endo Mcconnell Jones Doak Gordon Koumas

v Utd - Ali Bradley Konate Quansah Kostas Endo Harvey Jones Doak Nunez Gakpo

v West Ham - Ali Trent Virgil Konate Kostas Endo Szobo Grav Salah Nunez Diaz

am i reading this correctly? You’re resting Virgil against United?

am i reading this correctly? You’re resting Virgil against United?
Ya.

This isn’t a fearsome Utd side, there’s no Rooney Ronaldo and Berbatov here no Tevez here, No RVP no RNV. It’s a 20 year old with no goals. Plus it’ll be a great test for Quansah in his development to really prove he deserves to be 3rd choice. He’s passed every test so far.

Ya.

This isn’t a fearsome Utd side, there’s no Rooney Ronaldo and Berbatov here no Tevez here, No RVP no RNV. It’s a 20 year old with no goals. Plus it’ll be a great test for Quansah in his development to really prove he deserves to be 3rd choice. He’s passed every test so far.

yea and Virgil played against a broken Andros Townsend and two players I’ve never heard of a few weeks ago where we only managed a point

Strongest team for United, no fucking around. If there’s a chance to pound them we do everything to make that happen.

We can afford to play a weaker side and still beat Utd at home so I'm hoping Quansah Bradley Endo Harvey Jones Doak (presumably all starting v USG) all keep their place at Utd and then we go near enough full strength for West Ham.

v USG - Kelleher Bradley Gomez Quansah Chambers Endo Mcconnell Jones Doak Gordon Koumas

Oh no no no!

Very weak team in Belgium ( no starters for United).
FULL strength vs United.
Whatever we can vs. West Ham (they are in the same boat).

Ya.

WTF are you smoking? We go full strength against United.

Whatever we can vs. West Ham (they are in the same boat).

Being a little pedantic I know but ... "Not quite". West Ham need to not lose against Freiburg on Thursday to avoid playing off against one of the 3rd place UCL teams. So will need to go full-ish strength whilst we can play a relatively 'weak' side. Then then have Wolves which will need there best team too

WTF are you smoking? We go full strength against United.
Ok ok.

Full strength against Utd it is!!

Maybe like Harvey for Szobo and Bradley for Trent at least as those 2 definitely need a rest and won't be able to do Utd-West Ham-Arsenal & then go again boxing day. We can always bring them on 2nd half seeing as we never turn up for 1st halves anyway.

I absolutely want to crush United in to a paste, so 100% our strongest and quickest side
They're already crushed & will be again tonight. At this point it'd be like sleeping with a really hot chick but you can't help the thought of the fact she's being passed around by 5 guys before you earlier in the day.

A 1-0 will do and it probably means ETH is kept in a job a week longer.

The best form of condescendence now would be to beat with with an 80% team.

They're already crushed & will be again tonight. At this point it'd be like sleeping with a really hot chick but you can't help the thought of the fact she's being passed around by 5 guys before you earlier in the day.

A 1-0 will do and it probably means ETH is kept in a job a week longer.

The best form of condescendence now would be to beat with with an 80% team.

I don't care. I'll be sloppy 5ths if she's hot enough; and a high profile high scoring game against united is always worthy of a good go

I don't care. I'll be sloppy 5ths if she's hot enough; and a high profile high scoring game against united is always worthy of a good go

Dunno man risky, don't wanna be picking up any of that clap, you wanna go gungho but you're also mindful of this fact thus proceed with caution.

If we play full strength, ideally we wanna play at 50% and win then go again 100% for West Ham. QF of any competition is now big boy territory, no doubt to me which is the bigger game. Utd are just another side with 3 points on the line these days.

Anyone else feeling like a junkie needing a fix right now? Can't wait for the next LFC game.​

Utd have it in them to beat us. They also have it in them to get thumped. I actually think the game will be quite competitive and it's not just another game.

We haven't been playing well for quite some time. If we put a quality performance together it will do so much for the team.

Ok ok.

Full strength against Utd it is!!

Maybe like Harvey for Szobo and Bradley for Trent at least as those 2 definitely need a rest and won't be able to do Utd-West Ham-Arsenal & then go again boxing day. We can always bring them on 2nd half seeing as we never turn up for 1st halves anyway.

Hmmm looks like you had a heavy one last night.. must be slightly sleep deprived today. There's surely only one option??:

Fuck the USG game
100% ALL OUT against Man United.
Fuck the West Ham game
100% ALL OUT against Arsenal

Catch some sleep, drink some water. In a few hours you'll be back to normal and see the light.

Looks like you had a hard slog last night.. must be slightly sleep deprived today. There's surely only one option:

Fuck the USG game
Fuck the WestHam game

Catch some sleep, drink some water. Tomorrow you'll be back to normal and see the light.

Agree on USG and Arsenal. Couldn't disagree more on West Ham.

I know what I want from the season, last season without a trophy didn't feel good at all so I hope we put that right this season......right now the league cup just so happens to be the quickest and easiest route to doing that.

I don't want to see any 5-0 predictions against Man U. They know exactly how difficult of an away game it's going to be so it wouldn't surprise me if the entire team just sit back and defend. Their goal will be to get a goalless draw.

I don't want to see any 5-0 predictions against Man U. They know exactly how difficult of an away game it's going to be so it wouldn't surprise me if the entire team just sit back and defend. Their goal will be to get a goalless draw.
They'll be playing Onana so ......

Have you had a fall at work? Did you hit your head?

Hmmm looks like you had a heavy one last night.. must be slightly sleep deprived today. There's surely only one option??:

Fuck the USG game
Fuck the West Ham game

Catch some sleep, drink some water. In a few hours you'll be back to normal and see the light.

Yes - this for me.

Arsenal stuttering (but winning)
City stuttering (but winning marginally less)

Haaland injured. De Bruyne still injured.

This winter period I say fuck the cups - we need to crush it in the league. Two wins against Arsenal in our next 6 games and we are in pole position. We achieve nothing by beating USG other than possibly getting confidence or match sharpness in squad players.

Have you had a fall at work? Did you hit your head?
You don't think that side is capable of beating Utd? I do. They just lost 3-0 at home to Bournemouth.

Plus we can bring Trent Mo and Szobo on at HT IF we need to.

You don't think that side is capable of beating Utd? I do. They just lost 3-0 at home to Bournemouth.

It might be - but why risk seeing if can beat them without our strongest team when we could play our best team and potentially give them a hammering that gives us momentum into other games.

Man United are still our fiercest rival - why would we do anything that looks like giving them the best chance of causing an upset?

The USG game is meaningless. We don't need to risk any key players.

The United game is always a key game. If the positions were reversed, we would expect our players to raise their game for this one, so we should expect they will do the same. Full strength side.

Arsenal, obviously full strength side.

West Ham, I do actually care about as it is a route to a trophy. I expect we will have some players rested but will still have them on the bench.

I still feel we prioritize the PL, its far a great trophy compared to all there is and we in the run in a season where City are stuttering. We cant afford to take chances with a league game, we field our best in both United and Arsenal games. Am sure we can pass through Westham with our second team after all Fulham clobbered them 5 -0 over the weekend

I still feel we prioritize the PL, its far a great trophy compared to all there is and we in the run in a season where City are stuttering. We cant afford to take chances with a league game, we field our best in both United and Arsenal games. Am sure we can pass through Westham with our second team after all Fulham clobbered them 5 -0 over the weekend
The same Fulham that had us 2-3 down with minutes to play

Our second team likely could not put away West Ham's first team. Not at all. However West Ham are in the same situation as we are. Midweek Euro game, PL games bookending the LC ¼ final. So we won't play a full strength team - but neither will they I suspect. Even more so because it's at Anfield and they won't be expecting a win.

Feck me sideways. That team you have down against Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom