• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (A) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new CB will basically be a PR exercise. He'll likely make mistakes and won't seem that great, but whereas Phillips and the others will do the same and spark 'found out'/'not up to it' rants, the new CB will do it and the respnse wil be muted because fans got what they wished for. We need another body but we're unlikely to get much improvement, so we shouldn't be under any delusion that a last minute signing is going to let us 'resume' our normal standards.
I agree with almost all of that, the reason I hated Lovren leaving despite everyone else's celebration, is that whilst he often made mistakes, almost every cb does, we were just expecting him to be up to the standard of gomez (when in top form), Matip (when fit) & VVD who are exceptional, top percentile world class CB's.

Whoever comes in will almost certainly be nowhere near the standards we expect, arguably demand due to our style of play, from our CB's.

However the one thing I think it will do is give us another option at CB.

Phillips is simply not fast/experienced enough to play against all opposition imo, hence why Hendo gets dropped back some matches.

The very least another CB should give us is Hendo being able to operate in midfield again, which improves our tempo & overall play a great deal.

In that respect it's more than a PR exercise imo.

The new CB will basically be a PR exercise. He'll likely make mistakes and won't seem that great, but whereas Phillips and the others will do the same and spark 'found out'/'not up to it' rants, the new CB will do it and the respnse wil be muted because fans got what they wished for. We need another body but we're unlikely to get much improvement, so we shouldn't be under any delusion that a last minute signing is going to let us 'resume' our normal standards.

This was always going to be a particularly difficult winter market to navigate and unfortunately we don't seem to have money to throw at the problem.

I just don't understand why we left it to the last minute. We have gambled far too much on the fitness of the squad and the ability of Klopp to make the best of things.

I don't have any issues with Williams and Phillips. They've done as well as can be expected under the circumstances given that one is a kid who has been thrown in right at the deep end and the other is a player seemed on his way to the lower leagues but for our injury crisis.

It was obvious we needed to bring someone in - even if it is just a body - and we seem to have waited until the situation became absolutely desperate. It's a maddening situation we find ourselves in.

This was always going to be a particularly difficult winter market to navigate and unfortunately we don't seem to have money to throw at the problem.

I just don't understand why we left it to the last minute. We have gambled far too much on the fitness of the squad and the ability of Klopp to make the best of things.

I don't have any issues with Williams and Phillips. They've done as well as can be expected under the circumstances given that one is a kid who has been thrown in right at the deep end and the other is a player seemed on his way to the lower leagues but for our injury crisis.

It was obvious we needed to bring someone in - even if it is just a body - and we seem to have waited until the situation became absolutely desperate. It's a maddening situation we find ourselves in.

It's all the more maddening because we needed a centre half regardless. Lovren wasn't replaced, unless we are now counting on Fabinho being a longterm centre half. Personally I think he's the second best centre half we have now. I don't particularly rate Gomez and Matip as we know is likely on his way out and can't be relied upon one bit, but it's a shame to take Fab's quality away from the midfield. Same with Henderson. We can't go into the second half of the season with the CL looming, knowing that we can pretty much only rely on Fabinho at centre half. Hendo has had his niggles this season, Phillips isn't/wasn't registered (is he now?) and Rhys has shown he's not ready.

The rumour seem to have been started after Robertson took Mane out of his PFL team..

Mane had a minor hammy problem last week but tested okay for the Spurs game. Maybe they're taking precautions.

Mane had a minor hammy problem last week but tested okay for the Spurs game. Maybe they're taking precautions.
We looked better once we started limiting minutes to our front 3. Rotate the next 2 games then play all 3 against city.

Isnt it 5 games in 15 days or something after next weekend. Will definetly have to manage the front three's minutes.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Henderson, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Thiago, Shaqiri, Salah, Origi.
Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Firmino, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, R. Williams, N. Williams.

Phillips start confirmed Mane out with an injury, Bobb on the bench only.

Why the fuck don't we have a young striker/anything to put on the bench instead of two goalies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom