• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season 21/22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm I’m not so sure dreamy.

Anyway, neither will be “alphas” at centre back. Both have huge flaws. Fitness being the main one. I’d ship them both out if it was reasonable to do so.

So insanely good to see Virgil back out on the pitch. What a sight!
Gomez as well, obviously.

They both looked like they’ve been out for 10 months although Virgils passing was excellent from the start.
Bet he’s annoyed with the goal but thats the standard he sets even after such a long lay off.

Some random thoughts:

• Another pre season where Naby lad looks like the next Iniesta. I really hope he's able to stay fit and give us sustained performances.

• Interesting (and positive) to see Klopp playing an AM in the midfield 3. First with Elliot, and it felt like late in the game Ox was playing in this hole more than at 'false 9' (or was he just dropping too deep?

• Feels like Milner is being prepped to play DM if Fabinho isn't fit for the start of the season.

• I was impressed by Gordon and would love him to be a bench option this season along with Elliot.

• Nice performance from Tsimikas. I don't think he'll start the season with Robbo back on the pitch but I think we need to manage Robbo's minutes pre Christmas to ensure he's able to play as much as possible when we enter CL knock outs.

• I felt Jota was sharp from the minute he came on, which bodes well for the start of the season.

• Adrian is shite.

Curtis Jones also looked more positive and was more involved.
Konate was impressive.

Yes he was. I wasn't as surprised by his good distribution as some on here seem to have been - it's stood out in quite a few of the clips of his I've seen before. He's a monster for sure, but he can definitely play.

That said, both Minamino and Ox (even thought they scored a goal each), really struggled in that false 9 position. Ox was a bit better when he dropped deeper, but Minamino struggled to have an impact and is just to lightweight to keep the ball up against centre backs.
No rhythm and lets be honest not much of a goal threat besides the tap in after great work by Salah.

Its imperative for our season that we sign a forward. Its such a big need its a big gaping hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom