• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season 21/22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham battered Celtic 6-2 (plenty of 1st teamers) and United (squaddies and kids) lost away at QPR 4-2.

Say what you will, but I have loved watching the pre-season training videos. Not the games. They are boring. My 16 year old couldn't believe how intense the rondos and counterpressing games were. Forget being a pro player, I got really envious of the guys getting to train top level players. Well worth the month of free access on liverpoolfc.tv. Probably won't renew for the season though, unless they do more training vids.

Say what you will, but I have loved watching the pre-season training videos. Not the games. They are boring. My 16 year old couldn't believe how intense the rondos and counterpressing games were. Forget being a pro player, I got really envious of the guys getting to train top level players. Well worth the month of free access on liverpoolfc.tv. Probably won't renew for the season though, unless they do more training vids.

Agreed. Watched the latest one with a long viewing of the rapid 3 v 3 that was happening. Really great to see and imperative to our counter attacking form.

We're heading to Evian next week it seems for a week. Will play against Bologna on August 5 before the home friendlies against Bilbao and Osasuna on August 8 and 9.

Looks like a really strong pre-season. Klopp will be happy.

We have a great opportunity to hit the ground running with so many fresh key players, great to see such a big squad getting this much time together dialling fitness & sharpness in whilst the england stars etc. are all out boozing.

West Ham battered Celtic 6-2 (plenty of 1st teamers) and United (squaddies and kids) lost away at QPR 4-2.
Why in the flying frogfish fuck would Celtic decide to play a friendly with first team players inbetween their CL tie with Midgetlland?

Why in the flying frogfish fuck would Celtic decide to play a friendly with first team players inbetween their CL tie with Midgetlland?
Haha why ask me !? One supposes because they were seen to not up to full match fitness and needed the run out.

Nice - did we get a fee for him or was he released?
On the basis this was done after 30 June his contract would have expired so I think we would be entitled to training compensation only (which won't be a great deal as he only joined us 4 years ago).
We offered him a new contract a few months back and I assume we will have done this to protect our entitlement to the training compensation, rather than because we wanted him to stay. Chances are the terms of that contract were never going to be acceptable to him so we just did it to meet the required fact pattern (player under 24, rejects contract from existing club, moves to another club when his original contract expires).

Nice - did we get a fee for him or was he released?
He was out of contract so we only get some money for compensation (about 250k).

We would have got more if he'd stayed in England

my lockdown boredom is at such a level that I am looking forward to the friendly this eve.

Screenshot-2021-07-30-at-01-35-26.png

Screenshot-2021-07-30-at-01-36-00.png

Kelleher should be out claiming that cross, or at least trying to.
Great free kick, mind.

Elliot - trying hard but faded.

Konate - looks secure and has a great pass from the back.

Tsimikas - did ok, a little suspect defensively. Created the first goal with good anticipation.

Taki - trying hard but still looks weak. He was on his ass so often. Scored our 2nd off a nice team move.

Salah - looking sharp and involved. Great back heel for our 2nd.

Trent - got done a couple of times, looks leggy.

Keita - a couple of moment of brilliance. Made some decisive tackles which put us right back on the offensive.

The rest - did ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom