• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rank Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Well-Known
Let’s start a bit of discussion.

One poster lists three players, Liverpool or non-Liverpool, and then we rank them 1, 2, 3 and why. I’ll start.

Gerrard, Salah, Dalglish.

Rank them.

Dalglish - Most success (player and manager)
Gerrard - kept the team from falling away to a mid table team that may never have got back to the top table. Won us everything bar the league
Salah - third by default of the other two selected.

Not that easy, as you didn't do it properly. You were supposed to say why
Ohhh and why.

Because Dalglish is the greatest ever to play for the club, Gerrard the 2nd and Salah 3rd....from that list.

Easy enough now?

Ohhh and why.

Because Dalglish is the greatest ever to play for the club, Gerrard the 2nd and Salah 3rd....from that list.

Easy enough now?

We all love Gerrard, of course, but in your mind, what does Salah have to do to surpass him?

We all love Gerrard, of course, but in your mind, what does Salah have to do to surpass him?
He can't.

Stevie is Stevie. Kenny is Kenny, I don't see anybody ever reaching their levels or how much they meant to the club.....sometimes it's more about who they were as players, it's their character, the bonds they shared with the club and fans, how they represented the club off the pitch etc.

He can't.

Stevie is Stevie. Kenny is Kenny, I don't see anybody ever reaching their levels or how much they meant to the club.
Gerrard scored in virtually every major final and often won them on his own. Salah scored a penalty in the CL final but otherwise has been largely missing in finals and as such would need to win a big trophy for us in the final to surpass Stevie imo.
Multiple titles might do it too.

He can't.

Stevie is Stevie. Kenny is Kenny, I don't see anybody ever reaching their levels or how much they meant to the club.

For arguments sake, Salah has more goals than Gerrard in UCL, more goals in the EPL, won us a Champions League and he also won us the Prem. Yet he’ll never surpass Gerrard because ‘Stevie is Stevie’.

Gerrard scored in virtually every major final and often won them on his own. Salah scored a penalty in the CL final but otherwise has been largely missing in finals and as such would need to win a big trophy for us in the final to surpass Stevie imo.
Multiple titles might do it too.
Big ask. Stevie was an influencer on that pitch, led by example, dragged us through some real barren spells, stayed with us despite through thick and thin when he owed us nothing.

For me Kenny and Stevie are the 2 set is stone as the top 2 forever greats this club will have.

For arguments sake, Salah has more goals than Gerrard in UCL, more goals in the EPL, won us a Champions League and he also won us the Prem. Yet he’ll never surpass Gerrard because ‘Stevie is Stevie’.
Yep.

In a way it's crazy to think when you look at it like that but it's really not when you access it deeper, just goes to show how special Stevie was.

Dalglish - Most success (player and manager)
Gerrard - kept the team from falling away to a mid table team that may never have got back to the top table. Won us everything bar the league
Salah - third by default of the other two selected.

This definitely. the only thing I would say is that the other two had a more deeper impact at the club in relation to what they achieved. Salah' has pretty much broken records, but was part of a more complete team than Gerrard ever was, Salah, has produced some amazing goals but overall impact wise I can't really put him in the same class as either Dalglish or Gerrard - as I consider those two figures to be in a league of them alone.

Salah needs to be judged against the other major goal-scoring peers in Liverpool's history and other wingers, not Dalglish/Gerrard. Part of me though - even goes as far as thinking that Gerrard belongs in his own class, without him during the years he played for us we would as a club be a non entity.

Ha! De Bruyne over Lampard is at least worth a discussion.
Perhaps yeah.

Really didn't get why you lumped in Yaya with those 2 hahaha, really unfair on him as there was a season where he was just unplayable.

Only area for me where Lamps excels over KDB is arriving late in the box and scoring (mainly headers), Idk how many headers KDB has scored but I doubt it's more than 5.

Frank had a really bad spell after Jose left first time round and then when Jose came back, also picked up a lot of injuries at the back end of his time at Chelsea.

KDB's passing and crossing for me Lampard couldn't hold a candle too......his stamina & pressing, his all round game awareness and intelligence was above Lampard's.

Last edited:
How about Naby Keita, Joe Gomez and Adrian.

Out them in order best to worst and explain why!!!
Sure. I’m up all night waiting for the Canelo fight anyway.

Worst is Naby the sick note fuck, stealing and living and has cost the club millions in money, time and resources.

Adrian by default comes next because who cares about being in the middle, no one will remember him after he’s left, but thanks for the supercup.

Best is Gomez. 3.5M, has played everywhere across the back line and done it well (not always, been clumsy and cost us on occasions but he’s been one of the best value signings we’ve had)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom