• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"Reinforcements" in January...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

The Prophet
LFC chairman admits to mistakes

By This Is Anfield on November 19, 2012
kopflag-wide.jpg

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner has admitted that mistakes have been made in regards to the failure to replace departed attackers such as Dirk Kuyt, Andy Carroll, Craig Bellamy and Maxi this summer.
“Obviously, we have made some mistakes in the past”, admitted the American. “Our intention is to deliver, strengthen the squad and move forward.”
“We know that January is a challenging time and I don’t want to say we’ve got x or y but, hopefully, the fans will be pleased with what we do accomplish.”
Werner was in attendance as a Luis Suarez inspired Liverpool saw off Wigan at Anfield on Saturday, and he discussed recent speculation on the Uruguayan forward.
“He’s a beautiful player to watch and, as a Liverpool fan, I hope I’m watching him for many years to come. We made a long-term contract with him in the summer and we are going to see a lot of his play at Liverpool.”
Meanwhile, Brendan Rodgers also discussed his hopes for the January transfer window, explaining that there won’t be major changes.
“We’ll look to do something in the January transfer window” said the Reds boss. “There’s not going to be wholesale changes in terms of players coming in, that’s the reality of where the club is at.
“We’re looking to grow over the next six months, we’ll get some reinforcements in January and that will support the group who have been magnificent for me so far.”

Sounds a bit like we'll be getting some cobbled together cheap-y, loan-y, free transfer-y types doesn't it?

Well we brought Suarez in January didn't we?

Can't we dream of a similar purchase this time around.

Perhaps Shane long.

It may be aimed at the teams with players we're targeting. It would be harder to negotiate value for money had our chairman announced a large budget six prior to the January window.

i think we'll spend about 10m on a striker and that will be it . What type , age or quality that striker will be i have no idea .

Anyway i suspect FSG are in line for some grief cause i can't see them releasing the amount of money alot of fans expect .

What can we realistically expect? I'd say one striker, Suarez seems to have the central role so whoever comes in will probably cover the left or right forward role and be an 'able' replacement for Suarez in some cup games. We've got enough midfielders and Henderson should come into the mix as cover for Lucas, the back line may also need some adjustments, we need a right back fairly desperately, but again it could wait until the Summer.

There's a new record TV deal in place for next season, so we might have something to spend.

But so will everyone else. I'm not expecting a lot, because it doesn't really make sense right now. If people think we'll have a chance at CL football, they'll expect proven experienced players to come in because they settle quickly - and we'll only dig a deeper hole for ourselves.

Patience is the key, if the right player is available and we think he can be a long term asset then get them but otherwise we should ignore the Dempseys, huntelaars and other bad ideas that fans think are great

I like Rossi, but 2 very serious knee injuries is not good.

Bony is 23 and probably available for 8 mill.
Sign.

Dries Mertens will be expencive but is also the type of player we need.
Sign.

Walcott should be our number one target. 23 years old, proven goalscorer, can play all three of our attacking positions and should be available on the cheap, such a no brainer.

Walcott should be our number one target. 23 years old, proven goalscorer, can play all three of our attacking positions and should be available on the cheap, such a no brainer.
Unfortunately we will have to wait until the summer to even have a chance of getting him.

He is not a "proven goalscorer" though.

Walcott has 9 goals and 6 assists in all competitons this season. How he has only started 3 league games I don't know

Walcott has 9 goals and 6 assists in all competitons this season. How he has only started 3 league games I don't know
because he won't sign the contract offered, so their solution to persuade him was to bench him. Its only because the very shit Gervinho is injured that walcott has got back in the team.

Walcott is playing well in a team that's doing better than us, I can't see him coming here unless his form drops considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom