• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"Reinforcements" in January...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we are in a position to take massive gambles on English talent right now.

If there a deal to be had where a guy is a sure thing - like Rooney was for Utd - then fine, but Sturridge at 15M certainly isn't that.

I hope turn our eyes away from the Premiership and generally stop paying top club fees / wages for substandard players. If we can't buy from the top shelf, there is no point spending 20M on someone and hoping that the inflated transfer fee will suddenly make that player better than he is.

Anyway remember what happened to Demba Ba last season when he was shunted wide for Cisse.

We need someone that can play out wide, but can cover Suarez in the centre if need be.

Talk of shunting Suarez out wide right now is borderline insanity.

I don't think we are in a position to take massive gambles on English talent right now.

If there a deal to be had where a guy is a sure thing - like Rooney was for Utd - then fine, but Sturridge at 15M certainly isn't that.

I hope turn our eyes away from the Premiership and generally stop paying top club fees / wages for substandard players. If we can't buy from the top shelf, there is no point spending 20M on someone and hoping that the inflated transfer fee will suddenly make that player better than he is.

So Walcott, who'll be cheaper at around about £10million, perfect.

So, aside from the speculation about who we want. Are there any players we are linked with because we might actually make a move for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom