• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack race – first casualty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Smith, isn't he doing badly! The amount of money he has had, the club should be much further up the table.

Realistically Villa should be between 7th and 15th no matter the money. Most of the teams in the league had better starting positions than Villa. He’s doing alright.

Realistically Villa should be between 7th and 15th no matter the money. Most of the teams in the league had better starting positions than Villa. He’s doing alright.

Between 7 and 15... for a second I thought you were talking about how many Aston Villa players we should sign in a heartbeat.

Arteta will be next I reckon, much like Solskjaer he seems to find himself in a must win series of games every 6 months or so. Sooner or later the cards go against you in those situations. Unlike Solskjaer he doesn't seem to have alot of goodwill amongst the fans so if it turns he will be out of a job quickly.

Dean Smith, isn't he doing badly! The amount of money he has had, the club should be much further up the table.

They're football is pretty laboured, seem to have gone backwards from last season...with the players he has they should be top half easily.

Then again with Viera you got a lot of people out there saying what a good job hes's doing.....1 win in 8 and got knocked out in 3rd round of EFL cup.

They're football is pretty laboured, seem to have gone backwards from last season...with the players he has they should be top half easily.

Then again with Viera you got a lot of people out there sayign what a good job hes's doing.....1 win in 8 and got knocked out in 3rd round of EFL cup.
His objective is to finish in the top 17. He’s succeeding.

His objective is to finish in the top 17. He’s succeeding.

Who Smith or Viera? You're only succeeding if you have something to show for it and you're keeping the fans happy.

I'm not sure they all are.....

Both Palace & Villa should be aiming higher than top 17, who fucking says "top 17" anyway...just say survival ya melt. :D

Who Smith or Viera? You're only succeeding if you have something to show for it and you're keeping the fans happy.

Both Palace & Villa should be aiming higher than top 17, who fucking says "top 17" anyway...just say survival ya melt. :D
Viera. I can say what the fuck I like. Means the same thing.

I live in the Midlands and know a good number of Villa fans, including two season ticket holders. Every last one of them is supportive of Smith and what he's doing. They remember where they came from and they know better than anyone that they're still a work in progress.

Viera. I can say what the fuck I like. Means the same thing.

An indication of how well a side is doing isn't reflective on how poorly their rivals are doing....the 6 other sides below them are all on 0/1 wins.

In my books they're all doing shit, 1 win in 8 is fucking shit, no fan base is going to be happy with that shit.....

I live in the Midlands and know a good number of Villa fans, including two season ticket holders. Every last one of them is supportive of Smith and what he's doing. They remember where they came from and they know better than anyone that they're still a work in progress.

I wouldn't go that far...especially after their collapse last weekend bottling a 2 nil lead.

Half the Spurs fanbase were Nuno out after 5 games after they'd won 3 and lost 2....how do you explain that?

I'd say between 8-10th...look at the investment they've made.

If they finish bottom half he'd honestly be lucky to still be in a job come May.

I was referring to the Villa fans I know personally. None of them would have been happy about that result, but they're far less short-termist in their views than you seem to be.

The relevance of Tottenham or their fanbase to a discussion about Villa escapes me.

Palace have been quite good this season without the points to back up their perfomances by all accounts. Vieira is seemingly doing a good job, and they should start getting more points on the board soon.

Villa are fine, it will take time to bed in the new players they've signed with the Grealish money, but long term i'd take Ings, Bailey & Buendia over Grealish any day of the week. I think they will become a Leicester type team - go deep in cup comps and cause some upsets to the top teams whilst staying broadly around 4th - 8th.

I wouldn't go that far...especially after their collapse last weekend bottling a 2 nil lead.

Half the Spurs fanbase were Nuno out after 5 games after they'd won 3 and lost 2....how do you explain that?

Spurs fans are fucking morons. They've won 5 out of 8 games with a new manager while their best player has been on strike. Nuno is a very good manager and if they give him time he will do well.

If they carry on like a load of hysterical 8 year olds he will be gone in 18 months and they will end up with Eddie Howe or Frank Lampard. Honestly don't understand what some fans expectations are.

Palace have been quite good this season without the points to back up their perfomances by all accounts. Vieira is seemingly doing a good job, and they should start getting more points on the board soon.

I watched Palace vs Arsenal and have to say they are such a breath of fresh air compared to the turgid football we saw under Hodgson. Palace are actually watchable now.

Can we just keep this thread open, and not have it autoshut. We get about half a dozen sackings a season, for small clubs like Villa, there's no point starting a new thread

Can we just keep this thread open, and not have it autoshut. We get about half a dozen sackings a season, for small clubs like Villa, there's no point starting a new thread
Lol, are you trying to bait Villa fans on a Liverpool forum?

Bluebell has only supported Liverpool since we won the league so the 7-2 defeat really affected him
Nah, I honestly don't rate Dean Smith. He has been given alot of cash, and is struggling to get his team in the top half of the league

They'll get better when all their injured players are back. Hopefully it will be too late by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom