• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sal-ittihad

We sold Rush, Beardsley, Keegan, Souness, Aldridge, Fowler, Owen

Keegan - wanted to go.
Rush - kind of did
Fowler - was hardly playing For us and was 4th choice by then
Owen - wanted to go
Beardo - wasn’t fancied at time and I won’t him put him on same level of Salah

Not all those players on that list are compareable anyway.
We got money, we can bring a RW for Salah over next 6 months and bed him in.

funny i was just thinking to myself as i read this thread does the Saudi league still exist? I’m guessing yes but I’ve heard nothing about it for the last month or so since the stories about hendo playing to a crowd of 6 grannys and a dog

Salah won’t fancy that until he’s done done

It won’t exist by the time next year when they are all bored of it. If we do sell, get all the money up front like Coutinho deal.

It's hard to see Salah wanting to play in a nothing league.

Either way, I wonder what our succession plan looks like (assuming there is one) because the current lot aren't it.

There’s no doubt we’ll offer him one - it’ll just depend on what he’s wanting - there’s no point trying to match a Saudi offer, or giving him a massive extension - maybe a 1-2 year extension on current terms or slightly reduced terms.

It really depends on whether playing at the highest levels at a club where he’s revered and can continue to set new records is more important than money or a “new challenge”.

I reckon he’ll leave on a free at the end of this contract.

I’m happy with that.
I think he’s got 5/6 years at the very top still.

funny i was just thinking to myself as i read this thread does the Saudi league still exist? I’m guessing yes but I’ve heard nothing about it for the last month or so since the stories about hendo playing to a crowd of 6 grannys and a dog

Salah won’t fancy that until he’s done done
I think you're mistaken - the 6 grannies were in prison and the dog beheaded. Or that might have been the other way around.

I think he’s got 5/6 years at the very top still.

Not in the Premier League or certainly not as the first name on the sheet of a top club - maybe in France/Italy and definitely Saudi/MLS.

I don’t see him wanting to play a bit part at Liverpool or agreeing to a reduced salary.

I could see a 1-2 extension, but after that, he’d be close to done, I’d say.

Yeah I know, but it's not always that simple. Sometimes we do sell club legends, I mean we still demanded a fee.

Yeah, but it all depends on whether Mo wants to go - if he doesn’t, why would we sell?

It’s this double standard complaining about players being mercenaries with no loyalty while at the same time actively wanting to sell top quality players at the first sign of a semi-decent offer that I don’t get.

Appreciate that’s not entirely what you’re saying.

I wouldn't sell in Jan. It's summer or don't bother. I can't be arsed with that big of an upheaval mid league challenge.

Personally, i think Szob would be phenomenal on the right replacing him, meaning we can move Mac and Grav as the 2 8s. We still need a DM mind.

i'm sure this formation will be rolled out during AFCON

Why doesn't anyone talk about Jota on the right? I think he'll be great there.

and we can sign youknowwho for the left.

I dont think it would..we ve got loads of options up front.
If it meant we could buy a def. CM + couple CB/LB like we did when Coutinho left, Id take the risk

I dont think it would..we ve got loads of options up front.
If it meant we could buy a def. CM + couple CB/LB like we did when Coutinho left, Id take the risk

None of them are scoring it looking like they’ll produce the goals Salah does - he’s essential as things stand.

Selling him mid-season just weakens us.

Fucking hell, we back to selling Salah again?
He doesn’t wanna go to some shit league watched by 600 people. Reckon he would rather go to Spurs.

I wouldn't sell in Jan. It's summer or don't bother. I can't be arsed with that big of an upheaval mid league challenge.

Personally, i think Szob would be phenomenal on the right replacing him, meaning we can move Mac and Grav as the 2 8s. We still need a DM mind.

i'm sure this formation will be rolled out during AFCON
I agree, I'd love it if we managed to sign a replacement in January though.
But I doubt it.
Especially since Salah is away for a month

Haven't seen 1 person mention his miss today.....seems to only be an issue with a certain player does it.

That miss + the one he should have passed earlier on...

its the right time to sell him if a big offer comes.
i still find it strange Klopp is playing him every single game.

Agree with the first part but he has to play every single game as he's our top goalscorer and we'd lose a big part of the creativity without him. We don't really have anyone else suited unless we change to 2 up top.

Yeah the definition of in pocket is a bit flimsey though. If donkey with his new mane, places the ball low under cross bar and doesn't crumple when played in through on goal again then he gets 2 assists. Some don't deserve a Salah, maybe we can get Rashford with the Salah money though.

He's still delivering statically but he hasn't passed the eye test for some time now. I don't know. The Saudi money would be very useful to help develop our squad. But his goals and assists are hard to argue with and I am sensitive to the notion of him playing out the remainder of his prime (or his career) with us as a club legend.

Do you know what, watching MOTD back he actually did create a number of chances and had other chances to score so he wasn't all trash tonight.

The set up to Nunez when he cracks the bar.
The cushioned header set up to Nunez when he miscues his shot.
Nice little one two with Nunez when he gets hit back and has his shot saved from a tight angle.
Obviously the rebound from the corner when Diaz has his header saved and blazed over the bar.
The assist for Endo.

On another day he gets at least another assist.

It's the 1v1 with the fullbacks where he doesn't get much joy from these days, he's marshaled fairly easily in that sense but he's still very much a threat.

Back
Top Bottom