• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sal-ittihad

I actually thought he defended alot more today than usual.
Did you?

Never saw Mo near Trent in our half, usually was Szobo helping out. Even with Szobo and Trent with Doku all alone, he still came out on top a lot of the times.

Salah always does more defensively in these big games. He just now can't also offer a threat in behind or off the dribble. I thought he was par for the course.

I really hope we offer him a new contract

There’s no doubt we’ll offer him one - it’ll just depend on what he’s wanting - there’s no point trying to match a Saudi offer, or giving him a massive extension - maybe a 1-2 year extension on current terms or slightly reduced terms.

It really depends on whether playing at the highest levels at a club where he’s revered and can continue to set new records is more important than money or a “new challenge”.

I reckon he’ll leave on a free at the end of this contract.

I’m happy with that.

Father time is still unbeaten and I still think we should sell next summer.
It would be stupid to let him go for free, especially with the money the Saudis are offering.

Aye, especially when we really can't afford to replace him if he goes for nothing. I'd feel a lot more confident in the summer if we got 100-150m for him and Klopp got to do as he pleased with that rather than FSG searching behind their sofa's/in Linda's wardrobe for any loose change.

Father time is still unbeaten and I still think we should sell next summer.
It would be stupid to let him go for free, especially with the money the Saudis are offering.

I absolutely don’t agree - but it’s mostly with the word “should”.

Aye, especially when we really can't afford to replace him if he goes for nothing. I'd feel a lot more confident in the summer if we got 100-150m for him and Klopp got to do as he pleased with that rather than FSG searching behind their sofa's/in Linda's wardrobe for any loose change.

We can afford to replace him (within reason) - it’s about the right player wanting to come to us and not getting ripped off on someone who won’t deliver on that investment.

Even City walk away from players if they’re “not right” or cost too much.

We can afford to replace him (within reason) - it’s about the right player wanting to come to us and not getting ripped off on someone who won’t deliver on that investment.

City also sell players even if they're at the top of their game.
Sterling and Laporte for instance.

City also sell players even if they're at the top of their game.
Sterling and Laporte for instance.

Come on Modo - nether of them were at the “top of their game”.

Name me a player City have sold at the top of their game - you won’t find one - not recently.

If the player attitude is right and they’re contributing - they’ll keep them until they wring every last drop out of them.

Selling when attitude or performance drops is a different thing.

They certainly don't walk away if they cost too much, they probably have FFP on their mind.....if it wasn't for fair play they'd be spending 5x more than they are now.

They have players in reserve like Nunes Grealish Gvardiol Phillips that all cost £50m+ and they got £60m players out on loan so let's ease off the whole "walk away because they cost too much" crap.

Back
Top Bottom