• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Soooooooo... The Ryder Cup

As excited as I am about this, the thought of listening to 3 consecutive days of "U, S, A" chants grates a touch.

Lost interest when it became Europe v.USA. I don't give a flying one how unlikely it used to be that we'd win (not that that would apply now).

I predict Europe will be winning going into the final day but the USA will prevail, hope I'm wrong.

I also predict the chants of "USA" and "Get In The Hole" will irritate the fuck outta me and I'll watch it sans volume.

As excited as I am about this, the thought of listening to 3 consecutive days of "U, S, A" chants grates a touch.
Yeah I agree about that - Well annoying. I'm only a recent fan of golf. Well I watched the Ryder Cup last year and really enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to it. I can't play for shite though.

Europe are underdogs in betting. As they play better in pairs, perhaps back them and then lay them for profit when it comes to the singles?

Oh and Woods is serious favourite to be their best point scorer. Lay that!

Anyone wanna guess the opening morning's pairings?

I'm going for:

McIlroy & McDowell
Donald & Garcia
Poulter & Rose
Westwood & Lawrie

Think the Yanks will win, obviously hope in wrong.

Excited as fuck for this, I've booked tomorrow off to watch the afternoon and Monday off to recover from the all day sesh on the Sunday. 2nd best sporting event in the world for me, after the World Cup.

Anyway, I think these will be the pairings tomorrow morning.

Westwood/Donald
Poults/Rose
Mcilroy/McDowell
Mollinari/Garcia

Come on Europe!

Ps, why the fuck do the yanks shout "mashed potato" when Rory tees off?

Picked the right 8 but in the wrong order.

The last match looks a fuckin belter!

Woods/Stricker v Poulter/Rose

Anyone wanna guess the opening morning's pairings?

I'm going for:

McIlroy & McDowell
Donald & Garcia
Poulter & Rose
Westwood & Lawrie

Ooooh so close.

Ryder Cup: tee times and pairings for Friday's opening foursomes (all times BST; USA names first)
1:20pm Jim Furyk & Brandt Snedeker v Rory McIlroy & Graeme McDowell
1:35pm Phil Mickelson & Keegan Bradley v Luke Donald & Sergio Garcia
1:50pm Jason Dufner & Zach Johnson v Lee Westwood & Francesco Molinari
2:05pm Steve Stricker & Tiger Woods v Ian Poulter & Justin Rose

10.20pm tonight for us here mate is the opening tee shot.

I'm planning on watching the foursomes then heading to bed for about 5 hours before getting up for the last hour or two of the fourballs.

Tough but it's the Ryder cup so you gotta do it!

I can't wait; think it's going to be a fantastic tournament. Hoping to head home from the office early so I can spend afew hours "working from home" while watching it

I have got an absolute monster hard on for this thing. The Ryder Cup is fucking great.

C'MON EUROPE!

It really is, I've looked forward to this for months. The Sunday when it's in the US is fucking awesome, in the ale house for 4pm, out till midnight, hangover day off work on the Monday.

I've backed Rose top European @9/1 and Dustin Johnson top yank @10/1 for a bit of interest.

2-2 I'm going for.

Donald/Sergio to win
Stricker/woods to win
Two halved matches

Fucking buzzing for the Irish opening pair too. Gonna be some pressure on this tee shot!

I see the Yank rule officials are already being biased. How the Fook did Mcdowell not get relief from the sprinkler head.

Back
Top Bottom