• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Soooooooo... The Ryder Cup

Would be a comeback of Istanbul proportions for me. Lets bring rafa in for ollie and get didi into the line up.

The line up they have named certainly gives it a chance. Get the best players out early and get the points in, hope that Westwood and kaymer at the bottom can find some form from somewhere.

Should be interesting anyway.

Only saw the highlights of the afternoon four-balls on BBC last night, but Poulter was fucking amazing. Some of those putts were top class.

Absolutely awesome performance by the European team, unbelievably tense finish and a truly memorable sporting moment.

Amazing finish. Fair dues to Kaymar. Also, Poulter and Westwood should be proud of themselves.

Mental, just mental.

Hats off to the European guys, that took some balls and not just golf ones.

It's times like this where I wish I gave a shit about golf. I like what's happened, it's boss

I've been out on the piss watching it. Just got back ducked. Never see anythin like this again. Amazing

Poults.

That was one of the greatest sporting achievements I’ve ever seen in my life.

No hyperbole, no exaggeration, no joke – genuinely one of the best things I’ve ever been fortunate to witness. Stick that right up your fucking hole you “U,S,A” and “GET IN THE WATER” chanting cunts.

If there’s a better display of golf than that of Poulter’s from 13-18 on Saturday night then I’ve never seen it. That was better than clutch, that was taking it on your own back to drag the fucking side from oblivion right back into it. Hole after hole he drained putts from everywhere on fucking glasstop greens. As immense a putting performance as one could imagine.

Amazing. It seems harsh to be singling out one man after a day that saw unbelievable performances from guys out of nowhere – Rose’s putt on the 17th, Garcia beating Furyk from zero, Molinari beating the great Woods, Donald dryhumping that fuckstick Bubba Watson, but for me that Ryder Cup was won on Saturday night.

I don’t think I’ve seen a better golfing performance given the circumstances than him clawing that back by himself.

Amazing.

That was all in all, an astounding day of golf. Kaymer has some balls. The pressure on that putt must have been extraordinary.

And yeah, Poulter was stand out European player by a mile over the piece. As BR might say, he was synonymous.

I'm not really a golf fan, but that was simply amazing viewing.

When Rose turned those last holes around against Phil M i couldn't believe what i was seeing. I thought Kaymer had blown it when he left himself that tricky putt to retain the ryder cup (he must have balls of steel).

Watching Olazábal break down in the interview almost had me welling up.

Ryan nailed it...

It had everything and some of the golf played was mind blowing...The 17th between Rose and mickleson was awesome to follow that chip by mickleson with a putt as clinical as that was outstanding.

Stunning...

Even more so for Rose considering he had sunk pretty much no putts prior to that. His play over those holes got into Mickleson's head and were, imo, one of the reasons that Lefty messed up his 18th approach. Let it also be said that the sportsmanship from Lefty was brilliant over those holes. He came across as a proper gentleman.

I'm not really a golf fan, but that was simply amazing viewing.

When Rose turned those last holes around against Phil M i couldn't believe what i was seeing. I thought Kaymer had blown it when he left himself that tricky putt to retain the ryder cup (he must have balls of steel).

Watching Olazábal break down in the interview almost had me welling up.

Same here, not a big golf fan but it was stirring stuff. Thought the USA players came across as quite sporting, shame about their fans.

I went the pub at six o'clock to get a quick drink before I took my missus to see Looper. Needless to say I'm hungover as fuck and in the doghouse today. That was quite excellent.

Back
Top Bottom