• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spurs vs Liverpool (15/09/2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, at RB

He can't get in ahead of Fred to play CM, and didn't make the WC squad at all, so I wouldn't read much into that.
Firmino couldn't get ahead of Gabby Jesus, but now he is. Also Fabinho can't get ahead of Casemiro not Fred who's playing at CM. Since when is Fabinho a CM?
Why would Brazil play with two defensive midfielders?

Firmino couldn't get ahead of Gabby Jesus, but now he is. Also Fabinho can't get ahead of Casemiro not Fred who's playing at CM. Since when is Fabinho a CM?
Why would Brazil play with two defensive midfielders?

OK, so after not making the Brazil WC squad - in any position at all - following a full season at Monaco, you now think his inclusion in the Brazil team - despite not playing any football whatsoever - is somehow proof that he's ready to play for us?

I'd be more interested why Brazil made those two calls, with the latter being based on...er......dunno. Training?

OK, so after not making the Brazil WC squad - in any position at all - following a full season at Monaco, you now think his inclusion in the Brazil team - despite not playing any football whatsoever - is somehow proof that he's ready to play for us?

I'd be more interested why Brazil made those two calls, with the latter being based on...er......dunno. Training?
Because Tite fucked up and didn't select Fabinho for the world cup? Many were surprised by that decision.
Just like Germany didn't select Sane who's apparently shit now by your logic.
Why did Lallana get selected? I mean he's basically only been training and wasn't picked for the world cup either.

Are you seriously writing someone off before he's even played for us?

Because Tite fucked up and didn't select Fabinho for the world cup? Many were surprised by that decision.
Just like Germany didn't select Sane who's apparently shit now by your logic.
Why did Lallana get selected? I mean he's basically only been training and wasn't picked for the world cup either.

Are you seriously writing someone off before he's even played for us?

No, just saying that there must be reasons (at last in Klopp's head) why he hasn't started yet, and playing for Brazil doesn't mean anything, because we KNOW he isn't fucking injured.

At the same time, I was also happily debunking the genius strategy often rolled out when Fabinho's absence is questioned - namely that of Andy Robertson who got his chance because of injury, nothing more, but who also wasn't deemed "ready" to start for months.

No, just saying that there must be reasons (at last in Klopp's head) why he hasn't started yet, and playing for Brazil doesn't mean anything, because we KNOW he isn't fucking injured.

At the same time, I was also happily debunking the genius strategy often rolled out when Fabinho's absence is questioned - namely that of Andy Robertson who got his chance because of injury, nothing more, but who also wasn't deemed "ready" to start for months.
I dunno what Klopp did to Robertson but it clearly worked. Maybe he wasn't at the fitness level Klopp demanded? Who knows. Might be the same with Fabinho. I don't think it's about us finding out in training that Fabinho can't head the ball or something.

Moreno was actually playing OK until the injury. I suspect Robertson's late start was largely a matter of Moreno not deserving to be dropped on form alone.

Its obvious...we should know better based on our experience of getting players from the French league directly. They really are not gonna be that great initially and most likely need a while season to come upto standard.

I dunno what Klopp did to Robertson but it clearly worked. Maybe he wasn't at the fitness level Klopp demanded? Who knows. Might be the same with Fabinho. I don't think it's about us finding out in training that Fabinho can't head the ball or something.
I can't be arsed looking for it but Fabinho himself said he hadn't been at the 'required level' when he arrived but he thinks he's getting there. A week or so ago ? Whether that was tactics or fitness or both someone else can guess.

I can't be arsed looking for it but Fabinho himself said he hadn't been at the 'required level' when he arrived but he thinks he's getting there. A week or so ago ? Whether that was tactics or fitness or both someone else can guess.
yeah I think I read something like that too.

From Robertson and Ox having nightmare debuts but then turning into great players a couple of months into their time with us, perhaps Klopp’s learnt something about bedding players in through intense training?

Fabinho, Alisson & Bobby all unused subs which is pretty frustrating as that could already be back by now!

From Robertson and Ox having nightmare debuts but then turning into great players a couple of months into their time with us, perhaps Klopp’s learnt something about bedding players in through intense training?

robbo made his debut against palace and played well. he missed the arsenal match because his missus went into labour and moreno had a few good games after that

I have no concerns about the delay to Fabinho featuring - fixtures are about to become two a week for the rest of the season and I expect him to be rotated with Hendo in the DM role with Gini, Millie, Keita & Lallana rotated through the CM roles.

I assumed Fabinho will start against PSG.

Why give him his debut against one of the leagues toughest opponents when we've got another very tough game three days later against a team he knows really well in a competition he's familiar with?

Maybe Klopp will surprise but PSG seems the safest bet to me.

robbo made his debut against palace and played well. he missed the arsenal match because his missus went into labour and moreno had a few good games after that
Nah, he didn’t impress. Was playing scared, always passing backwards. Stark contrast to how he played when he was put back into the team.

Yes, and it was just a coincidence that the culmination of this intense training just so happened at the same time that an injury created space in the team, how serendipitous.

Yes, and it was just a coincidence that the culmination of this intense training just so happened at the same time that an injury created space in the team, how serendipitous.
No, no.
You live and you learn. The point is Klopp might have learnt from those experiences.

I assumed Fabinho will start against PSG.

Why give him his debut against one of the leagues toughest opponents when we've got another very tough game three days later against a team he knows really well in a competition he's familiar with?

Maybe Klopp will surprise but PSG seems the safest bet to me.

PSG boss Thomas Tuchel has hailed Fabinho as one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe.

“A player who sacrifices himself willingly is really important. We see that with players like Fabinho, Kante & Busquets, this is what sets this position apart.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom