• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterling Deal Complete: 49 million (44 + 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll get the add ons for apperance and City could easily win the league in the next few years.
CL aint happening.

So we'll get 3 extra mill.

It's hard to justify these sort of add ons, because they, in effect, mean we have to be unsuccessful for them to be activated.

We're not going to win the league any time soon. May as well make money out of one of the teams who is, though.

I really don't give a monkey's about add ons but it's swings and roundabouts as we've got a bunch of them included in Firmino's transfer.

Those add ons are fucking laughable. The Sheik should have added on that we get an extra 500,000 every time Sterling scores a hat-trick against Liverpool.

Can see our end leaking it as it increases the fee close to our valuation.

MEN Reporter rings LFC: Hi, Grenville Manctwat here, can I speak to Ian Ayre please.
Switchboard: Hold please.
Ayre: Hi, can I help?
Manctwat: This Sterling lad, what's the transfer contract look like?
Ayre: Hang on, I'll get the file. By the way, you didn't speak to me right?
Manctwat: 'Course not. I'll make your club look good in all this. Honest, No names, no pack drill.

MEN Reporter rings LFC: Hi, Grenville Manctwat here, can I speak to Ian Ayre please.
Switchboard: Hold please.
Ayre: Hi, can I help?
Manctwat: This Sterling lad, what's the transfer contract look like?
Ayre: Hang on, I'll get the file. By the way, you didn't speak to me right?
Manctwat: 'Course not. I'll make your club look good in all this. Honest, No names, no pack drill.

Except it started with Bascombe I think. Funny though.

Looks legitimate to me (from Man City's point of view at least).

1. Not giving in to our demands, thus the inclusion of add ons and (purposely) falling 1 million short of the perceived asking price
2. Success related add ons - CL, title, appearances. (only other criteria would have been FA Cup, League Cup and international caps - all of which are understandably not considered significant 'success' to the buying club)

Won't be surprised they had offered all of the add ons sorely in terms of CL and EPL titles initially.

As for leaking of such info, it's like how details/figures are often diverged in transfers with "undisclosed fees".

What add ons were people expecting?

Previous reports suggested they might be appearance related only.

[article=http://www.espnfc.co.uk/manchester-city/story/2521070/man-city-relax-demands-to-complete-raheem-sterling-move]Man City relax add-on demands to seal Raheem Sterling deal - sources:
The initial add-ons were dependent on City being successful in the Premier League and Champions League, but now City have agreed to pay the additional money when Sterling meets a set number of appearances instead.[/article]

How much do you think would be a fair deal. As in an amount where both parties would be happy with it.
With this signing I don't think it's possible for both parties to be fully satisfied

We would always want more, as city could afford to pay it, and city would always feel like they overpaid

With this signing I don't think it's possible for both parties to be fully satisfied

We would always want more, as city could afford to pay it, and city would always feel like they overpaid

Well evidently both parties are satisfied, otherwise Sterling would still be here or there'd be some court case going on.

I think in this case the deal was fair on both sides. I wouldnt have wanted him to be let go for anything less. Most on here think we've done better than City, so the question is by how much? How much would be the minimum people would have let him go for.

Yeah, I think we got just as much as we could have hoped for.
Shame its not 49 mill without the add ons mind.

None - there shouldn't have been add-ons.

They're nothing but a convenient way for one team to claim they got a transfer paid at a higher level and another to claim they paid at a lower level.

Not when they're public.

Do you know how much we ended up paying for Sterling because of add ons?

We got a huge amount of money for a very good 20 year-old player who didn't want to play for us. He's a careerist. He may well go onto become a world-beater. Who knows? Who cares? Gone now. Good deal for us.

We'll get the add ons for apperance and City could easily win the league in the next few years.
CL aint happening.

So we'll get 3 extra mill.

How many starts will Sterling make for City before he moves on to the next "project"? My guess is more than 30, but less than 90. Will City win the league in the next 2 seasons? I doubt it. Champions League? No chance. So basically we're most likely getting 500K to 1M from these add-ons.

How many starts will Sterling make for City before he moves on to the next "project"? My guess is more than 30, but less than 90. Will City win the league in the next 2 seasons? I doubt it. Champions League? No chance. So basically we're most likely getting 500K to 1M from these add-ons.

He'll be at City for at least 3 seasons and will play for them at least 100 times.

He moved because they are challenging for trophies. And they definitely will be for the foreseeable future. So he'll be there for the foreseeable future.

He doesn't strike me as a malcontent. Just a guy who wants medals and is prepared to go wherever to get them.

None - there shouldn't have been add-ons.

They're nothing but a convenient way for one team to claim they got a transfer paid at a higher level and another to claim they paid at a lower level.

That's a remarkable insight, which would have been ignored if posted a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom