• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I'm starting to think we'll win it at Palace. I think we'll beat Norwich, and probably Chelsea too. That'd be Chelsea out of it. And I think City might well draw at Everton to leave us needing a win at Selhurst Park to clinch the title.

I just can't help jinxing us this season. I've done it loads!

No mate.
Jon and myself have said the exact same thing about winning the title at Palace except we both first said it over a month ago.
( I said it first though)

I wish people would stop fucking posting before I manage to reply to a particular post.

The old site used to warn you when someone did that. Can we have that back?

No mate.
Jon and myself have said the exact same thing about winning the title at Palace except we both first said it over a month ago.
( I said it first though)

It's actually possible (with a shitload of "ifs") to win it Sunday week at Anfield against the Chavs. Although we play at 2:00 that day and City play at 4:00. But it's theoretically possible to win the league at about 5:50pm.

Extremely unlikely, but mathematically possible.

I wish people would stop fucking posting before I manage to reply to a particular post.

The old site used to warn you when someone did that. Can we have that back?

It was a useful feature.

However, I usually ignored it. Especially on the matchday threads, where you would get this warning every time you posted, and it became annoying as fuck.

Chelsea's two best performances (by some distance) have come against us and City - big occasions for them. They raised their game massively after weeks of mediocrity to beat us and against City they were in total control. Mourinho had Pellegrini's number and the City players just had no answer.

It's all well and good to say Chelsea have been shit recently but when it matters they've been able to raise their game and Mourinho knows how to approach / play these kinds of games. He will have them fired up and very well drilled.

For all the raving about Kompany (who I think is a little overrated actually) and City, for me their defensive record is based on their ability to attack teams rather than their ability keep teams out. Chelsea on the other hand have quite a competent defensive unit and can keep it tight when they want to, knowing that they have the quality and to counter-attack teams (a bit like us).

We will need to bring our A game to beat them, of that I'm convinced, and Rodgers will need to get the tactics perfect.

It was a useful feature.

However, I usually ignored it. Especially on the matchday threads, where you would get this warning every time you posted, and it became annoying as fuck.

yeah that was well annoying. if you had shit internet you could never post anything!

Keni - we looked like we ran out of steam at the Bridge though after a gruelling week or so, they dominated but we were leggy and jaded.

Chelsea's two best performances (by some distance) have come against us and City - big occasions for them. They raised their game massively after weeks of mediocrity to beat us and against City they were in total control. Mourinho had Pellegrini's number and the City players just had no answer.

It's all well and good to say Chelsea have been shit recently but when it matters they've been able to raise their game and Mourinho knows how to approach / play these kinds of games. He will have them fired up and very well drilled.

For all the raving about Kompany (who I think is a little overrated actually) and City, for me their defensive record is based on their ability to attack teams rather than their ability keep teams out. Chelsea on the other hand have quite a competent defensive unit and can keep it tight when they want to, knowing that they have the quality and to counter-attack teams (a bit like us).

We will need to bring our A game to beat them, of that I'm convinced, and Rodgers will need to get the tactics perfect.

My feeling exactly. Would be great if Sunderland managed to get a point against them on Saturday. Don't see it happening but then I thought Citeh would maul Sunderland last night. Any extra advantage we have over them before we play them would be great. I think that to win the league we will have to beat Chelsea. And that will be the hardest game we've had all season.

I hope that even if Sturridge has no chance of playing on Sunday we let Norwich think he might play. They will have no idea how to set up. Prepare for him playing or prepare for him not playing. They'll be all over the place. I can see them attacking us as their only real chance of getting something out of the game. Attacking us is very dangerous indeed.

Keni - we looked like we ran out of steam at the Bridge though after a gruelling week or so, they dominated but we were leggy and jaded.

Let's hope Athletico give them a right old run around. I also hope John Terry does his ACL and Hazard and Willian break their cocks and Torres has a break down.

If we beat Norwich they have to beat us, and they are nowhere near as effective an attacking force without Hazard who even if fit will probably be saved for the CL games. Oscar and Willian have looked a bit jaded recently, they would have it all to do to get a result from us. It seems to me the 12th man is also a not insignificant intimidatory factor.

I hope that even if Sturridge has no chance of playing on Sunday we let Norwich think he might play. They will have no idea how to set up. Prepare for him playing or prepare for him not playing. They'll be all over the place. I can see them attacking us as their only real chance of getting something out of the game. Attacking us is very dangerous indeed.

Was thinking that too. Actually, preparing for him playing would be much easier, as I think it's quite certain then that the only change will be (most likely) Allen in for Henderson, and the choice of either one formation or another.

Conversely, it's actually quite tricky for the opposing manager to plan for a scenario without Sturridge. We could set out in the same diamond or 4-3-3 formation but Lucas, Teixeira, Moses and Alberto, for example, have different skills and attributes, and they be making different types of runs, have different instructions, etc. despite being fitted into the same team shape. That's not to say we're better off playing without Sturridge, but definitely, missing him doesn't necessarily have to be just a handicap for us. It's a nightmare for the opponents too.

In some odd way, it might be a good idea to "waste it" on Norwich, then we're back to having to win every game again, which we seem to have been dealing quiet well with. But I wouldn't be too disappointed if we battered them either.

Are you Dreeeamy in disguise

Palace might just be our toughest game. Pulis is so far up Fergie's arse it is unbelievable. He was going on about how Fergie talked him into taking the Palace job. Safe or not, we can't expect anything but a fully firing Palace when we play them. That c*nt would love to piss on our title aspirations.

Palace might just be our toughest game. Pulis is so far up Fergie's arse it is unbelievable. He was going on about how Fergie talked him into taking the Palace job. Safe or not, we can't expect anything but a fully firing Palace when we play them. That c*nt would love to piss on our title aspirations.

I'm not sure that's necessarily the whole story. I've heard, for example, that Pulis and Rafa were close, and that hardly tallies with him being an unquestioning minion of Ferguson.

I'm not sure that's necessarily the whole story. I've heard, for example, that Pulis and Rafa were close, and that hardly tallies with him being an unquestioning minion of Ferguson.

I didn't know that in fairness. I've always seen him as a key Fergie chum in the LMA gang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom