• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pastore is meh. Has been promising to be great for several years. Never quite manages it.

There was some suggestion that Lucas Moura might be looking for a move to the Prem. I'd be all over that.

He is excellent, he can certainly motivate a congregation (or even a fan base). Oh my God - I pray we get him!

Any child of the 70s/80s knows a selection of German and Japanese words thanks to war comics like "Battle" and "Commando"

German: Gott in (im?) Himmel, Achtung!, Schnell

Japanese: AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

You mean BANZAI.

Since then it's only Bukkake that's stuck with me...

Any child of the 70s/80s knows a selection of German and Japanese words thanks to war comics like "Battle" and "Commando"

German: Gott in (im?) Himmel, Achtung!, Schnell

Japanese: AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Either works. Both pale, though, beside "Himmel Herrgott zum Donnerwetter noch einmal".

We had one Latin teacher who quite seriously used to recommend us to read "Asterix" books. He said the background detail in them was actually very true to life in Roman Gaul, right down to the Latin expressions.

Either works. Both pale, though, beside "Himmel Herrgott zum Donnerwetter noch einmal".

We had one Latin teacher who quite seriously used to recommend us to read "Asterix" books. He said the background detail in them was actually very true to life in Roman Gaul, right down to the Latin expressions.

I'm going to 'Hände hoch' JJ because I don't know what that means.

Oh I love Asterix. And he's probably right about the background detail, it always felt a bit like you were learning something, in between massive fights and feasts and whatnot

Am I the only one unimpressed by Dahoud? He seems to run about a lot and play a lot of short passes.

Doesn't seem to have a passing range or game controlling ability.

Looks very slender as well - worrying for a CM unless he has a fabulous passing range.

Anyone seen him play properly?

15-20 million next year to Spurs or Arsenal
That is definitely a likely outcome, but there is also a risk he gets injured within his first few games and we never hear of him again.

I'd say there's a 80% chance he turns out to be one of the signings of the Season in the Prem and goes on from there.

Normally I'd have a player like him at around 90-95% but his last Season has been a bit off and I am really baffled as to why he was suddenly half binned at Ajax after his injury. Maybe they knew he was off, de Boer certainly gave Nicolaj Boilesen the tough treatment (a year with the reserves when he didn't want to extent his contract).

Highlights from the 15/16 season before he got injured around Christmas (if you don't want to watch all of it then at least watch the goal from 3:17);

Yeah, I'd like to see Ibe given another season. He's got some growing up to do yet, but I do think there's a player in there waiting to get out.

Great, we could do with the 50m+ for the guy that is way better than Sterling.
I am one of those saying that his potential looked to be even greater than that of Sterlings and I might end up looking pretty stupid because of it.

It's a wee bit too early to write him off though isn't it? I mean by no means has Sterling looked a £50M player this season either. But yeah Ibe's looked impressively average most of this campaign and really needs to step up.

I want Klopp to give him a hug him and restore his faith in himself.

I am one of those saying that his potential looked to be even greater than that of Sterlings and I might end up looking pretty stupid because of it.

It's a wee bit too early to write him off though isn't it? I mean by no means has Sterling looked a £50M player this season either. But yeah Ibe's looked impressively average most of this campaign and really needs to step up.

I want Klopp to give him a hug him and restore his faith in himself.

I just remember last season people saying he was better, but there was no evidence at all to say he was. If you looked at where they were both at, at the same age, in terms of appearance, assists, goals, Sterling was miles ahead. And he still is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom