• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
And take on his $70K (I made that number up, but I suspect it's not far off the truth) wage demands? Hmmm not sure...

I thought of that too, but surely EPL clubs can match whatever the Turkish clubs are offering? It might be less than 70K now.

I thought of that too, but surely EPL clubs can match whatever the Turkish clubs are offering? It might be less than 70K now.
It may be that he's really been exposed as a terrible team defender. I think that's a recipe for disaster considering the bulk of the EPL clubs who could be prospective buyers will spend a lot of time defending and under pressure.

I am really surprised no EPL club seems to be interested in Skrtel. He is a vastly experienced, reliable defender who could easily lead some mid or lower-table defense for the next few years. Given the amounts already being spent in this window, £5.5M for a player like that is an absolute bargain.
I would have thought a combined £20m for Skrtel & Allen would be money very well spent by the likes of WBA, Sunderland, Middlesbro and could be the difference between relegation and survival.

I would have thought a combined £20m for Skrtel & Allen would be money very well spent by the likes of WBA, Sunderland, Middlesbro and could be the difference between relegation and survival.

I nominate you as chief Sales and Marketing director.

Ha, Alex Manninger. Dont mind it as a 3rd choice GK.

Ward signed a new 5 year contract and will play for Huddersfield next season.

Multiple reports suggesting that alleged Liverpool target (and Arsenal and loads of others) Moussa Sissoko has been valued at £35m by Newcastle.

He looked superb at times for France, but how oftne has he played like that for Newcastle?

Quite. He did look a fine player at times, especially last night, but I wouldn't be interested in someone who only turns it on when he feels like it.

Fortunately I'd suspect that, with him being French, the Arse are in the driving-seat with this one.

11 goals in 118 games for Newcastle and many many below par performances. 35 mill is crazy.
Potential is there if he can be bothered and is consistent.

Wouldnt sign him in all honesty.

Would not surprise me if Manninger will be our next goalkeeper coach. Third choice this season and next season replacing Achterberg.

Multiple reports suggesting that alleged Liverpool target (and Arsenal and loads of others) Moussa Sissoko has been valued at £35m by Newcastle.

He looked superb at times for France, but how oftne has he played like that for Newcastle?

Never once. He didn't even get in the Newcastle side consistently.

Never once. He didn't even get in the Newcastle side consistently.

THere were a few games - I think once against Arsenal - where he showed up big time ... but it seems he looked at Newcastle as a 'stepping stone' to one of the bigger clubs ...

Pelle is now confirmed ... INSANE ... 50k/day ...

Screen-Shot-2016-07-12-at-14.41.01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom