• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Daily Star but what the hell, quiet day so far ...

Liverpool could beat neighbours Everton to the punch for Newcastle United ace Georginio Wijnaldum according to the Daily Star.
New Blues boss Ronald Koeman has earmarked his Dutch compatriot as one of his top summer targets but the Reds could now be preparing a bid of their own.

Premier League rivals Tottenham Hotspur are keen on the attacking midfielder but have baulked at the relegated Magpies' £25million asking price.

However, with the Anfield coffers set to be boosted by the potential big money sales of Christian Benteke and Jordon Ibe, Klopp could now have the financial muscle to swoop. The 26-year-old came to St James' Park in a £14.5million deal last summer but has told Toon chiefs he wants a move as he does not want to spend a year in the Championship. Wijnaldum netted 11 goals last season but curiously all of them came on home turf

Vincent Janssen supposed to be having a medical today at Spurs and announced on Monday. 22 million euro.

L'Equipe says that Pogba wants to come back to Manure ... Amazing how great a coach Mourinho is eh?

Yesterday he favoured a move back to Real.
But strange reading that Real feel they cant compete with Utd financially and wont pay what Pogba, Raiola and Juve want. Just the agent fees is quoted at 12 mill € I think.

Liverpool are interested in making a move to sign Benfica midfielder Anderson Talisca, according to a report in the print version of Portuguese newspaper O Jogo.

The report indicates that the Reds would need to pay around €25million to get a deal done, and they’d also have to get a work permit for the player, something which might prove difficult due to his lack of international caps for Brazil.

Talisca is a tall, powerful player who is capable of playing as a regulation midfielder or in a more advanced role and he provides a genuine goal threat, having scored nine times in 34 appearances for Benfica last season.

Liverpool seem to be in the market for a midfielder with reported links to Poland’s Piotr Zielinski and German youngster Mahmoud Dahoud, but both deals seem to have hit stumbling blocks. It could well be the case that Jurgen Klopp and company decide to switch their attention from that duo to Talisca.

ADD : It seems he's just signed a new 6 year deal so this may be more BS. Especially with the likely Work Permit issues.

Subotic and Fischer at Middlesbrough is all a bit mad.
Was thinking the same.. Without knowing much about their players in general they could end up beeing rather competitive with these signings. Stuart Downing's there too, right? Anyone else worth mentioning?

Was thinking the same.. Without knowing much about their players in general they could end up beeing rather competitive with these signings. Stuart Downing's there too, right? Anyone else worth mentioning?

As well as just signing Victor Valdes, they have Daniel Ayala, Jordan Rhodes and... erm... David Nugent.

Gabigol has rejected Chelsea, who offered €30m. He will renew at Santos until 2021 and dreams to join Real Madrid, says UOL.

He'll probably be behind Kane for the same position so may not be the best move for him. He's still developing as a player and needs games.
Interesting. Also where Eriksen is often positioned.

Maybe Spurs would go 4-1-3-2 in attack with Dembele, Alli and Eriksen behind the two and Dier holding. Ouch.

They look stronger than last Season already and prob won't lose a single key player.

Maybe Spurs would go 4-1-3-2 in attack with Dembele, Alli and Eriksen behind the two and Dier holding. Ouch.

They look stronger than last Season already and prob won't lose a single key player.
I don't mean behind him as in the 10 position. I mean as in he probably won't play when Kane does.

Think they've signed him as a reserve striker in all honesty. Dont think he can play anywhere else.

Will be interesting to see how strong and good this Spurs team really is when everyone else is improving.
Have a feeling they might struggle a bit more this season.

Think they've signed him as a reserve striker in all honesty. Dont think he can play anywhere else.

Will be interesting to see how strong and good this Spurs team really is when everyone else is improving.
Have a feeling they might struggle a bit more this season.
Not so sure. All their key players bar Lloris and Vertonghen are all young and will get even better as seasons go by.

The fact they are not going to change the back six is also something to envy.. I have them as favourites along with United.

*May change when City and Chelsea have splashed the cash. I mean there's even talks of Messi going to Notting Hill.

Not so sure. All their key players bar Lloris and Vertonghen are all young and will get even better as seasons go by.

The fact they are not going to change the back six is also something to envy.. I have them as favourites along with United.

*May change when City and Chelsea have splashed the cash. I mean there's even talks of Messi going to Notting Hill.

What for? The Carnival?

They still have some average players in there.

Nah, United and City will be favorites now. Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and ourselves will fight it out for 3-6 I reckon.
Arsenal might also be in the mix if they sort out a CB and a striker.

Messi wont be leaving..

Chelsea still favourites for me. No Euro competition, with a top manager and I've no doubt some quality arrivals. I don't think there'll be much between 5-6 other teams after Euro competition (or lack of) is taken into account.

Linked with Udinese’s Silvan Widmer
http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/napoli-liverpool-udinese-widmer/
[article]English Premier League side Liverpool have joined the race to sign Udinese’s Silvan Widmer amidst rumours the young defender could be on his way to Napoli this summer.

The Switzerland international, who joined the Zebrette from Aarau in 2012, has seen his stock rise since debuting in Serie A back in 2013, making 79 league appearances in the process.

Initially, the 23-year-old full-back was subject to interest from Maurizio Sarri’s side with the Partenopei opting to resume negotiations with Udinese for Widmer. This came after they lost out to Paris Saint-Germain for Thomas Meunier, whilst Monaco refused to lower their asking price for Fabinho.

However, following the departure of defenders Kolo Toure and Jose Enrique, Jurgen Klopp has expressed an interest in signing Widmer in the hope of adding strength in depth for the upcoming season. The German tactician is prepared to match Udinese’s €8 million valuation for the defender, according to GazzaMercato.

The defensive starlet, who made 27 league appearances last season, was also targeted by Inter during the January transfer window but a deal failed to materialise.

Widmer has made 79 league appearances in total for Udinese, whilst also holds five caps for the Swiss national team.[/article]

Chelsea still favourites for me. No Euro competition, with a top manager and I've no doubt some quality arrivals. I don't think there'll be much between 5-6 other teams after Euro competition (or lack of) is taken into account.
Manure are favourites I reckon. Mourinho won't give a toss about the europa cup and always has a great first season at a new club. Conte and Pep will need time to adjust to the premiership.

Bournemouth are apparently signing Lewis Cook from Leeds for £6 million. Continuing the policy of signing English and/or lower league talents (Tyrone Mings, Benik Afobe last season and Callum Wilson the season before).
Lewis Cook is very good value at £6m. He was a bit disappointing last season as great things were expected of him in his first full season but the ability is there. He's a DM'er, quite short and not overly aggressive but he reads the game very well and is decent in possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom