• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]ARSENAL have emerged as Middlesbrough’s leading rival for the signature of Borussia Dortmund centre-half Neven Subotic.

Subotic has been to the Riverside for talks after Boro tabled a bid of around £12m for the 27-year-old defender, who has spent the last eight seasons at Dortmund.

However, they have been unable to complete a swift deal and Arsenal have now made a formal approach of their own to Dortmund officials.

Arsene Wenger is willing to match Boro’s bid for the Serbia international, and the Gunners boss is hoping to hold talks with Subotic and his representatives this weekend.

Boro officials had been optimistic about their prospects of landing the defender, who claimed the Bundesliga title in successive seasons in 2011 and 2012.

Arsenal’s interest has complicated matters though, and while Subotic’s chances of regular first-team football would be greater at the Riverside than the Emirates, the lure of more Champions League action could persuade him to shun Boro’s advances.

Liverpool have also been linked with a possible approach, along with German side Koln, and Subotic’s future should become clearer next week.

Middlesbrough have made five signings already this summer, but only two are likely to be involved in tomorrow’s opening pre-season friendly at York City.[/article]

http://m.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spor..._to_beat_Middlesbrough_to_Neven_Subotic_deal/

#LFC are no longer interested in Zielinski acc to Udinese sporting director Norea Bonato

Bild reporting that Gotze wants to leave Bayern. Dortmund and Spurs are interested.

I wonder why we are apparently no longer interested in Zielinski, possibly due to Udinese playing hard ball.

Watch Spurs sign Gotze, it's bound to happen.

Norwegian journo following the Portugese league saying this cant be true.
He's according to him not good enough and the fee is waaaay to much.

Norwegian journo following the Portugese league saying this cant be true.
He's according to him not good enough and the fee is waaaay to much.
I think it was O Jogo breaking this (I'm sure I've already posted it in this thread) and a Portuguese guy on RedCafe said this :

Most reliable papers are O Jogo and Jornal de Notícias. O Jogo is usually spot on at transfers and Jornal de Notícias although a generalist, usually gives big breaking news. They were the first ones to announce Mourinho to United. Way ahead of any other portuguese or english newspaper. The rest is usually too hit and miss and not reliable at all.

Yep. Here it is .. Doc is just quiffing !

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/summer-silly-season-2016.83480/page-45#post-1463211

I think it was O Jogo breaking this (I'm sure I've already posted it in this thread) and a Portuguese guy on RedCafe said this :

Most reliable papers are O Jogo and Jornal de Notícias. O Jogo is usually spot on at transfers and Jornal de Notícias although a generalist, usually gives big breaking news. They were the first ones to announce Mourinho to United. Way ahead of any other portuguese or english newspaper. The rest is usually too hit and miss and not reliable at all.

Yep. Here it is .. Doc is just quiffing !

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/summer-silly-season-2016.83480/page-45#post-1463211

According to today’s report, Anderson Talisca is “anxious” to move to Anfield.
That point is stressed with claims Talisca has told friends at Benfica that he’s ready to leave to club.
The narrative being relayed suggests Talisca is a little bit desperate to get the deal done.
The bigger question seems to be whether Liverpool need to sign such a player, as they already have the likes of Roberto Firmino, Philippe Coutinho and Sadio Mane in their side.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-10-at-12.52.21-PM.png

We were linked with him a year or two ago if I remember correctly. He's the one who's been compared to Rivaldo, right?

Liverpool are out of the race to sign Bayern Munich’s Mario Gotze.

The Germany international is expected to leave the Allianz Arena with Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund keen on wrapping up a £20million deal.

However, the Reds, who had targeted Gotze earlier in the summer, won’t be vying for his signature.

Having completed the £30million capture of Sadio Mane from Southampton, manager Jurgen Klopp is understood to be happy with his attacking options.

Liverpool made contact with Gotze’s representatives prior to the start of the European Championship but the ECHO understands that reports about the player paying a visit to Melwood are wide of the mark.

The 24-year-old, who blossomed under the guidance of Klopp at Dortmund, wanted to keep his options open so the Reds pursued Senegal international Mane instead.

Gotze had initially indicated that he would remain at Bayern for the final 12 months of his contract but after struggling for Germany at the Euros he appears to have had a change of heart.

Klopp believes Liverpool have sufficient firepower with Daniel Sturridge, Divock Origi and Danny Ings set to be his frontline strikers for the coming season.

As well as new boy Mane, the Reds boss can also call upon the attacking talents of Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino, Adam Lallana, Sheyi Ojo and Lazar Markovic.

Liverpool remain keen to strengthen the squad in other areas but there has been no progress with their pursuit of Polish midfielder Piotr Zielinski.

Udinese rejected the Reds’ £11.75million bid with the Serie A outfit keen to sell him to Napoli for a similiar fee instead.

Zielinski, who has spent the past two seasons on loan at Empoli, is still holding out for a move to Anfield having made it clear he wants to play for Klopp.

We won't be signing anyone big.

Suspect Klopp got the extension because he shares fsg transfer philosophy. Buy cheap and develop

Hansern said:
Hoijberg going to Soton for 15 mill € according to Kicker joining us in 2017 for 30 mill € according to Kicker.​
I actually wouldn't mind that. He doesn't look remotely ready for the top level and CM position is too important for us to take risks on a player that still needs to mature a lot, but the talent is there – if he goes to Saints and revives his career, €30M will be a bargain.

I am really surprised no EPL club seems to be interested in Skrtel. He is a vastly experienced, reliable defender who could easily lead some mid or lower-table defense for the next few years. Given the amounts already being spent in this window, £5.5M for a player like that is an absolute bargain.

I am really surprised no EPL club seems to be interested in Skrtel. He is a vastly experienced, reliable defender who could easily lead some mid or lower-table defense for the next few years. Given the amounts already being spent in this window, £5.5M for a player like that is an absolute bargain.

And take on his $70K (I made that number up, but I suspect it's not far off the truth) wage demands? Hmmm not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom