• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Team for the 'must win' Utd game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martial will probably start, score a couple, then not score again for the rest of the season.

De Gea is guaranteed to play a blinder if he starts.

Fellaini will be given free reign to elbow with impunity.

Milner will get s second yellow for "looking at Mata in a funny way".

Mingolet will let in a soft goal.

Lovren will tie himself in knots trying to mark himself.

Sometime around the 65th minute we'll be reminded that Firmino started and was actually on the pitch the whole time after all - as he gets substituted.

By the end of the game everyone will be singing "Ings can only get better" mainly because it'll be hard to imagine a worse performance.

Rooney being out is good news, Fellaini is the sort of centre forward our defence can actually do well against

You know what, reading Rodgers talk shit prior to this one has pretty much pushed me over the legal limit for bullshit.

Its possibly not a fair way of doing it but for me , he wins this and or shows some tactical nous and gives it a bloody good go or does one.

Lifes too short for these shit pressers he does, it really bums out the footballing part of my life.

You know what, reading Rodgers talk shit prior to this one has pretty much pushed me over the legal limit for bullshit.

Its possibly not a fair way of doing it but for me , he wins this and or shows some tactical nous and gives it a bloody good go or does one.

Lifes too short for these shit pressers he does, it really bums out the footballing part of my life.

Then don't watch them :rolleyes:

Not sure if Rooney being out is a good thing or a bad thing for us. He probably would have scored against us, but some other shitehawk will definitely score now. We let all sorts of their shite score against us.

Still think it'd give the Liverpool players a massive lift if word got around Rooney was out. I hope it's true.

Rooney is out with a hamstring injury.
Fellaini starting upfront isnt great news tbh, he fucking owned us at Anfield.

Rodgers talks so much shite its unreal. I'll take a draw tonight but we'll lose.
Soft goal, shite defending and we will miss our chances. Predictable.

@StevieM is right, martial will have a blinder against us scoring at least one, & then do fuck all for the rest of the season.

Utd have got form for shite strikers having a worldie against us & then flopping.

Any local lads out to watch this? I've watched this match with the same two mates for years but both have cancelled on me & I can't be doing with watching the Utd match in the house!

I doubt Martial will start. If he is subbed on and scores the winner though, I wont be surprised.

Henderson out is a major blow. Lucas, Can and Milner is too laboured a midfield.

I think I might go for a flat 4-4-2 if that's the case. This is actually a selection headache.

Rodgers better get it right, or he'll have the fans majorly on his back.

Yeah, this is a game were the manager of the losing side will be under massive pressure from the fans.

From the Daily Mail: United’s players practised lumping long balls up to Fellaini for Herrera, plus wide men Memphis Depay and Juan Mata to feed off the knock downs on Friday.

I think we should definitely have tried to sign another CM this summer.

Allen can't be relied on to stay fit. Lucas isn't good enough. Can isn't fully developed.

An Illarramendi type would have been very handy. Without Coutinho, the playmaking must come from deeper, and that's just absent in this squad.

If we beat them, I think it'll be scrappy and with a fair bit of luck. Luckily, they aren't very good either. Hope for the best.

@StevieM is right, martial will have a blinder against us scoring at least one, & then do fuck all for the rest of the season.

Utd have got form for shite strikers having a worldie against us & then flopping.

Any local lads out to watch this? I've watched this match with the same two mates for years but both have cancelled on me & I can't be doing with watching the Utd match in the house!

To be fair, most teams have form for strikers having worldie performances against us and then being shit.

It's known as a Lisbie.

I'm pretty sure the only reason we signed Benteke was because we made him look world class every time he played against us.

We do the same for goalkeepers as well - they always look world class against us.

I find it worrying how often we seem to buy players who have played well against us yet don't otherwise look up to scratch. The trend has persisted for about 15 years or more, despite 'regime changes'.

Martial scored just 2 goals more than Origi last season. They, like us, have bought potential and I don't see Martial as any particular major threat (he won't start anyway). The only reason people are talking him up is he's fast and he cost a lot !

We must play with two up front and those two should be Benteke and Ings. I can't understand calls for Origi, he is most certainly behind Ings in the pecking order and has done nothing to deserve promotion above him, in fact to the contrary when looking at Ings' last cameo.

I'm not so sure United will 'click'. We heard that all last season and now we are seeing how light-weight United are up front. When Rooney plays as #9 he is isolated, when he drops deep they have no-one running past him. The only concern is if they maybe play Fellaini as #10 with Rooney ahead of him.

We have to play a midfield diamond of Lucas, Can, Milner and Firmino, though here's praying Henderson is back, that would be a major boost but I'd still just have him replace Can.

Sahko must replace Lovren though I'm concerned at all the opinion I've read on Lovren retaining his slot in the name of looking at a consistent back four. He's not going to improve his error rate simply by giving him more games, those errors are always in him, it's not a communication issue.
Gomez's natural defensive instinct should see him start ahead of Moreno.

I'm hoping LvG's bone-headness means he continues with Romero.

............................. Mignolet

Clyne ......... Skrtel ............ Sakho ............ Gomez

................................ Lucas

.............. Can ................................. Milner

................................ Firmino

................. Ings
................................... Benteke

We are going to lack attacking width but the only other currently fit options we have are Ibe (who could be used in place of Ings later on) and Kent who is going (gone ?) out on loan !

So, if the rumours are true re. Ings, then this could well be the team (bar Lovren for Sakho if BR's bias continues).

I find it worrying how often we seem to buy players who have played well against us yet don't otherwise look up to scratch. The trend has persisted for about 15 years or more, despite 'regime changes'.

Our general buying is shambolic.

Didn't know he was a big LFC fan ! He was brilliant yesterday in helping to destroy the Aussies - roll on Sunday to seal the come-back !

COsH1rGWgAQ8L_X.jpg

From the Daily Mail: United’s players practised lumping long balls up to Fellaini for Herrera, plus wide men Memphis Depay and Juan Mata to feed off the knock downs on Friday.

Although it'll no doubt be effective against our fragile CB pairing, I can't help but enjoy that the Mancs have sunk to this.

Of course it's a good thing. He hates us and always give 20% more effort against us, he's coming off the back of the England goal scoring record and his confidence is sky high, why on earth would it not be a good thing he's missing ? It also disrupts their plans .. and confidence losing their captain and talisman.

Their options now revolve around Fellaini, Martial and Wilson. Almost certainly Fellaini will get the nod but they may play Martial or Wilson ahead of him with Mata and Depay either side of Fellaini.

Martial scored just 2 more goals (9) than Origi in Ligue 1 last season, with a goal every 203 mins (no goals in 2 starts for Monaco this season). His Who Scored rating (I know, I know, but at least it's based on statistics) was 6.73 last season and 6.52 this, pretty average in other words. Origi had a goal every 269 mins in 2014/15 and a rating of 6.73 (same as Martial). Both had 3 assists.
I'm not trying to say they are equal (though they may be) but point out that Martial is another one for the future and this season, like Origi, will probably be too early for him. Watch him score today now.

Oops.

Martial will probably start, score a couple, then not score again for the rest of the season.

De Gea is guaranteed to play a blinder if he starts.

Fellaini will be given free reign to elbow with impunity.

Milner will get s second yellow for "looking at Mata in a funny way".

Mingolet will let in a soft goal.

Lovren will tie himself in knots trying to mark himself.

Sometime around the 65th minute we'll be reminded that Firmino started and was actually on the pitch the whole time after all - as he gets substituted.

By the end of the game everyone will be singing "Ings can only get better" mainly because it'll be hard to imagine a worse performance.

I wasn't that far off....

Neville opined that De Gea made two stops that Romero wouldn't have made (Ibe and Firmino) .. which could have changed the whole complexion of the game regardless of the fact we deserved SFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom