• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Team for the 'must win' Utd game

Status
Not open for further replies.
mignolet
Gomez
Sakho
Skrtel
Clyne

Moreno
Henderson
Milner
Ibe

Sturridge
Benteke

Studge surely won't start, even for 45 mins, after a year out (or whatever), he might get 15 mins at the end, if deemed fit.

Oh and I don't see this as a Must Win game either. I'd be very happy with a point. Ecstatic with three.

Its more of a Must Not Lose game.

That said, if we have more than one shot on target, I'll take that.

We'll get one fucking game out of Elijah fucking Price, may as well make it one we could fucking need him in.

For those questioning it being a 'must win' game...see the inverted commas in the title?

I don't think this is a must win game for Rodgers. In fact, the only person I've seen claim it is has been GKMacca who said this on Saturday: "If he doesn't win against the mancs he should go."

If Benteke isn't fit then?

------------------Mignolet-------------------
Clyne-----Skrtel-----Sakho-----Gomez
-------------------Lucas---------------------
--------Henderson----Milner--------------
---Ibe------------Ings------------Firmino

If Benteke isn't fit then?

------------------Mignolet-------------------
Clyne-----Skrtel-----Sakho-----Gomez
-------------------Lucas---------------------
--------Henderson----Milner--------------
---Ibe------------Ings------------Firmino
i would be happy with that.

No Benteke or Coutinho? Ouch.

------------Mignolet---------------
Clyne---Skrtel---Sakho---Gomez
--------------Lucas-----------------
------Can---Hendo---Milner------
-------------Firmino----------------
---------------Ings------------------

Kill them in the middle.

No Benteke or Coutinho? Ouch.

------------Mignolet---------------
Clyne---Skrtel---Sakho---Gomez
--------------Lucas-----------------
------Can---Hendo---Milner------
-------------Firmino----------------
---------------Ings------------------

Kill them in the middle.

That midfield won't be killing for shit.

This is gonna be a tough game. We're light in midfield, not really supporting our attack and our defense is liable to ship goals. For all United's current lack of goals, it's only a matter of time before it clicks, Rooney is on the back of his England record, Depay is ready to go and they have this new kid who is a relative unknown quantity. Much will hinge on whether we get our act together at the back and whether we find a way of playing with a relatively light midfield.

Ings deserves a go for hunger alone.

Carrick might be out, which is good news for us while Danny Blind will probably keep his place at centre back, he looked a mess against big forwards at Swansea. Schweinsteiger has looked off the pace so far. One big issue for us they have alot of height in their team, while we're vulnerable in the air.

This is gonna be a tough game. We're light in midfield, not really supporting our attack and our defense is liable to ship goals. For all United's current lack of goals, it's only a matter of time before it clicks, Rooney is on the back of his England record, Depay is ready to go and they have this new kid who is a relative unknown quantity. Much will hinge on whether we get our act together at the back and whether we find a way of playing with a relatively light midfield.

Ings deserves a go for hunger alone.

Carrick might be out, which is good news for us while Danny Blind will probably keep his place at centre back, he looked a mess against big forwards at Swansea. Schweinsteiger has looked off the pace so far. One big issue for us they have alot of height in their team, while we're vulnerable in the air.

Martial scored just 2 goals more than Origi last season. They, like us, have bought potential and I don't see Martial as any particular major threat (he won't start anyway). The only reason people are talking him up is he's fast and he cost a lot !

We must play with two up front and those two should be Benteke and Ings. I can't understand calls for Origi, he is most certainly behind Ings in the pecking order and has done nothing to deserve promotion above him, in fact to the contrary when looking at Ings' last cameo.

I'm not so sure United will 'click'. We heard that all last season and now we are seeing how light-weight United are up front. When Rooney plays as #9 he is isolated, when he drops deep they have no-one running past him. The only concern is if they maybe play Fellaini as #10 with Rooney ahead of him.

We have to play a midfield diamond of Lucas, Can, Milner and Firmino, though here's praying Henderson is back, that would be a major boost but I'd still just have him replace Can.

Sahko must replace Lovren though I'm concerned at all the opinion I've read on Lovren retaining his slot in the name of looking at a consistent back four. He's not going to improve his error rate simply by giving him more games, those errors are always in him, it's not a communication issue.
Gomez's natural defensive instinct should see him start ahead of Moreno.

I'm hoping LvG's bone-headness means he continues with Romero.

............................. Mignolet

Clyne ......... Skrtel ............ Sakho ............ Gomez

................................ Lucas

.............. Can ................................. Milner

................................ Firmino

................. Ings
................................... Benteke

We are going to lack attacking width but the only other currently fit options we have are Ibe (who could be used in place of Ings later on) and Kent who is going (gone ?) out on loan !

Captain Jordan Henderson and Adam Lallana didn’t take part in the session - fuelling fears that they will miss the showdown with United.

Daniel Sturridge has stepped up his comeback from injury by returning to full training at Melwood.

This is a difficult one to call as we've got some unknown injuries. Lallana, Henderson, Allen, Sturridge might all be out, or they might all be involved in some way. Coutinho being out is a big miss, but in the past when we've had a big player out, we've 'usually' seen more come out of one or two of the other players.
Be nice if we got a big performance out of Benteke or Firmino.

I'm hoping we see the best of Firmino. He's already done a lot of very good, but unheralded, work. He's created 4 chances this season to De Pay's 2, he closed down more often vs. West Ham in 45 mins than any other player over 90 mins ... and so on. I'm sure this guy is going to be brilliant for us, I just hope it starts vs. United.

Everyone I've spoken to from around the world has made the same two points... they think we're gonna get fucked and they think Teeth is under massive pressure if we do.

While both those things might be true whenever I mention that United are also shite, also have 7 points, have blown loads more dough than whoever signs our players it doesn't seem to register.

Whatevers, we're gonna win 1-0.

If we go down with a whimper once again to these cunts, Brendan can fuck off back to the fishing in Carnlough for all I care

One thing that really fucks me off is commentators calling Depay "Memphis". I know he asked for it on his jersey, but they weren't calling Hernandez Chicarito or they don't call Moreno "Alberto M."

Anyway. We need very big games out of Benteke and Firmino. I'm hoping Firmino just says "fuck this, I'm brilliant at football" and tears the place up. That'll only pay off if there's good movement around him though.

A diamond with Firmino at the top could work with Lucas at the base and Henderson and Milner working their socks off between and helping out the full backs when needed. Ings would provide better movement than Benteke and Benteke provides an out ball and a different option. I doubt Rodgers will drop Lovren despite him being a massive dickhead. They're both so simultaneously shit and cocky they could possibly be related. Gomez stay in the team because he's more solid defensively and United like to use the wings a lot. Same back four as before.

I'd like

-------------Ming----------
Clyne---Skrtel----Sahko----Gomez---
---------------Lucas---------------
-------Henderson----Milner-----
----------Firmino-------------
-------Benteke----------Ings

We'll probably get

-------------Ming----------
Clyne---Skrtel----Lovren----Gomez---
-------------------Can/Lucas------------
-----Henderson/Can-----Milner
--Firmino-------Benteke----------Someone else.

Reactions: ILD
One thing that really fucks me off is commentators calling Depay "Memphis". I know he asked for it on his jersey, but they weren't calling Hernandez Chicarito or they don't call Moreno "Alberto M."

It's because he hates his dad so he doesn't want his name on his back.

He is the man without a surname.

893513bd32d28eb0a288efb2938d7bd9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom