• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Darwin evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good half and the 2nd and 3rd goal, plus the header that was saved showed what he's got in his locker. He definitely has an instinct to take up good positions in and around the 6 yard box and he knows how to not overcomplicate a finish. If he sticks his toe or head on anything that goes into that area he's going to get alot of goals, because he'll be there every time. The fourth goal was a tired shot that the keeper fucked up on, any other day and it's not a goal, but that's not a criticism of Nunez, everything just went right for him last night. By comparison, the cool finish for the second goal showed he knows how to place a shot in the bottom corner - no fuss, clinical.

The downside and where Klopp has to work on him is with his passing and first touch. For a side that are great at quick, one touch passing I think he will frustrate us a little in his quite rusty build up play. He gives the ball away a lot and loses control when trying to lay off passes quickly. But the instinct is there to play the correct pass, it's just the execution that needs work, and he's in the best hands to improve on that. It's something that will turn his raw potential into him becoming a quality forward, as he has the hold up play, the finishing ability, plus the pace to be the complete striker. He'll take a bit of indulgence and arguably some adjusting to from us as a team.
Close the thread, nailed it.

The positions he took up around the box, and the way he finished was super encouraging, but I still think he looks awkward in the team, but thats to be expected, as the thread Rurik posted explains, we've got to adapt to him as a team, and hes got to adapt to us, when that happens he's gonna click like Torres mark 2.
Oh I get all that. What I don’t get, and find hilarious, is people doubting him after his first game in preseason.
Maybe we should apply an equal amount of kneejerkery and dub him the new messiah now he’s scored four in a game.

He's replaced Mane, who had a touch like a concrete wall, so I'm not sure about this idea that he's really gonna hurt our slick build up play.

We never had slick build up play.

Yeah, I have expressed some concerns over Darwin’s passing ability, but in the big picture I think Haaland will be more of a problem for City’s passing game than Darwin for ours.

Yeah, I have expressed some concerns over Darwin’s passing ability, but in the big picture I think Haaland will be more of a problem for City’s passing game than Darwin for ours.

Diaz has a wonderful first touch so he more than makes up for Nunez imo. I'd day Diaz is the first attacker with a really good touch we've had since Coutinho.

If people want us to have slick build up play and score goals like City, the presence of Darwin is pretty small potatoes imo. What you really want is the likes of Elliott and Carvalho in creative positions, as well as Diaz, naturally.

He's sexy as fuck

I'm ready to be hurt again

final_62dd0bd5370efa00708c1f46_859356.png

Right here with you, I think I've mentioned a few times how serious Torres vibes I get from him, and the thought of him playing anything close to Torres' level alongside Salah and Diaz is making me fangirl so hard.

Is that like Thai fangirl hard?

Asking for Modo someone I know.

Can I just take a moment to commend you both for correct usage of the apostrophe? I don't believe I have ever witnessed two sequential posts, in this forum, with that quality.

Yes, a welcome relief. Pity they both missed putting full stops at the end of their first sentences. :p

Anybody else think he looks thick as a plank. Ultimately it may not matter in a football sense as plenty of them are really dumb, but I get a serious Jason McAteer vibe from him

Anybody else think he looks thick as a plank. Ultimately it may not matter in a football sense as plenty of them are really dumb, but I get a serious Jason McAteer vibe from him

I think strikers are usually pretty simple-minded compared to other positions – "see the opening, make the run; see the ball, hit the ball." Their most valuable trait is optimism – even if they missed the previous 9 chances, they have to believe the next one will go in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom