• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Darwin evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else think he looks thick as a plank. Ultimately it may not matter in a football sense as plenty of them are really dumb, but I get a serious Jason McAteer vibe from him

Men with flowing hair, abs, and godlike physical skills, in tiny shorts always look thick to us mere mortals.
Well, at least they're thick somewhere...

Anybody else think he looks thick as a plank. Ultimately it may not matter in a football sense as plenty of them are really dumb, but I get a serious Jason McAteer vibe from him

It's hard to tell. Could be that, or it could be just him taking a while to settle in to a new environment that's even more different from his home background than his previous club was.

I've never been sure the McAteer thing was to be taken at face value BTW. He has that rep and I'm sure he did plenty to earn it, but he comes across well in interviews and I wonder whether to some extent he enjoys playing up (or down?) to that reputation.

How on earth can you tell something like that? This is akin to the body language readers when Gerrard was going-staying-going.

It's hard to tell. Could be that, or it could be just him taking a while to settle in to a new environment that's even more different from his home background than his previous club was.

I've never been sure the McAteer thing was to be taken at face value BTW. He has that rep and I'm sure he did plenty to earn it, but he comes across well in interviews and I wonder whether to some extent he enjoys playing up (or down?) to that reputation.

I think with McAteer it's the dopey sort of "facepalm" moments that have probably done for his reputation as much as anything. I think he's relatively bright on LFCTV in his actual opinions, but he does get his words mixed up - saw him say someone or other was "eloquent on the ball".

Phil Thompson picked him up on it. But at least McAteer can form a coherent sentence, which Thommo seems pretty much unable to.

295855117_5708480502498092_99484773364736162_n.jpg

Reading the DM makes me wonder if Nunez will be affected by social media? Idiots calling him "Lakaku 2.0" and "A waste". Its friendlies, the club will not play its main 11 and its strongest formation, how do you judge anyone? Besides, he is our top scorer in these friendlies so far.

Nunez has scored 4 goals and Haaland has 1.

Reading the DM makes me wonder if Nunez will be affected by social media? Idiots calling him "Lakaku 2.0" and "A waste". Its friendlies, the club will not play its main 11 and its strongest formation, how do you judge anyone? Besides, he is our top scorer in these friendlies so far.

Nunez has scored 4 goals and Haaland has 1.
Håland is already injured.

I’m indifferent about the Daily Mac’s campaign against Nūnez. Klopp & co. will already know what needs doing to improve and the fact that he was chosen to play with mainly sprogs indicates that they’re not unduly worried. I’ve already said this before in another thread, but Torres had a dreadful first touch when came to Liverpool but ended up being a fantastic goal scorer for us. We already have first hand experience of facing Nūnez and he’s lethal.

Last edited:
I also think mcateer plays up the thick thing. I mean I heard all the stories but he's always quick with a retort, and if he gets his words wrong that's a bad education rather than being a total dullard, like Grealish or whatever. I mean if you met mcateer and didn't know anything about him you'd just think he was a laugh. You'd wonder how Grealish had got dressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom