• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Darwin evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think mcateer plays up the thick thing. I mean I heard all the stories but he's always quick with a retort, and if he gets his words wrong that's a bad education rather than being a total dullard, like Grealish or whatever. I mean if you met mcateer and didn't know anything about him you'd just think he was a laugh. You'd wonder how Grealish had got dressed.
Agreed. His mother is a teacher too. I don't think he's that thick.
Stupid to me are those who don't take care of themselves. Gazza etc.
I dunno what Lee Hendrie is up to but last time I checked he didn't look great.

There’s a statement that is riddled with stupidity- Silly @Modo

There’s a statement that is riddled with stupidity- Silly @Modo
At some level a person has to be held accountable. I'm not saying that all people that have problems with addiction are stupid.
But yeah, some footballers like Gazza have made some really stupid choices.

At some level a person has to be held accountable. I'm not saying that all people that have problems with addiction are stupid.
But yeah, some footballers like Gazza have made some really stupid choices.
I get what you mean - it’s your vernacular I take issue with. Somehow linking lack of intelligence to addiction is stupid. It’s very complicated but there is nothing to suggest that an addict is ‘stupid’ . I’ll shut up now.

Gazza did tell the story that he had agreed to go to United then decided to go to Spurs because they’d buy his parents a house and his sister a car. You’d have to wonder how things would’ve worked out had he gone to United.

I don't think McAteer's mum is a teacher; she worked with a mate of mine in some health centre back in the 90s.

I wont repeat the story I have told on here in the past, but if intelligence runs in an (extended) family, Jason is indeed as thick as porky poo.

I don't think McAteer's mum is a teacher; she worked with a mate of mine in some health centre back in the 90s.

I wont repeat the story I have told on here in the past, but if intelligence runs in an (extended) family, Jason is indeed as thick as porky poo.

Dunno if Macca is having a laugh but at 1.05 he visits her class.

Dunno if Macca is having a laugh but at 1.05 he visits her class.

Just double checked - she was a medical secretary in St Caths hospital in Birkenhead. This was at the time of the FA Cup final against the mancs where Cuntona scored ... whenever that was. She might have been a teacher before or after then I gues

And, although he got a bit lucky with his penalty header, his build-up interplay with Salah was superb. He created the chance, proving he can drop into space and be more than a poacher, which is Haaland’s specialty.

Haaland was so static today and seems to only run vertically when he runs.

And, although he got a bit lucky with his penalty header, his build-up interplay with Salah was superb. He created the chance, proving he can drop into space and be more than a poacher, which is Haaland’s specialty.

Haaland was so static today and seems to only run vertically when he runs.
Haaland's a monster. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
But Nunez was fantastic today. So happy!

Agreed. But I've mentioned this a lot since we've bought him ... Nunez IS a good goal-poacher or better to say that he scores a lot of goals from inside the 6 yd box (I counted 18 last season, plus a few from 6-7m). We needed someone like that, it could give us the threat we've not really had in that regard for a long time and make the difference against low block teams.

7ae9371265fee19ac06578c91d852d22.jpg

Agreed. But I've mentioned this a lot since we've bought him ... Nunez IS a good goal-poacher or better to say that he scores a lot of goals from inside the 6 yd box (I counted 18 last season, plus a few from 6-7m). We needed someone like that, it could give us the threat we've not really had in that regard for a long time and make the difference against low block teams.

I could not agree more, but glad he also has more than that, because it is key to how we play. Needs some work on his pressing to completely fit in, but will come in time.

I am like the idea of Carvalho playing with him. Fabio is used to a big #9 from his time with Mitrovic at Fulham. He will see the runs that others do not and his dribbling ability also creates space for a #9.

It was written all over him in more than one video I saw. We also have to remember he's still young. He'll be fine - the club will see to it. Saturday's goal will help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom