• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Gravy Train

Fabio

Former mod, consistent c***
Honorary Member
Hes fucking shite. I love being reactionary (as it's fun), but this cunt has shown fucking nothing since we signed him. Clearly there's a reason he didn't get minutes in Germany, and I think we're discovering it now. He won't be here in 2 years; providing we can find some sucker to buy him

For me, it's a fucking massive derailment. 42 dead. 136 injured. Thoughts and prayers

He's been underwhelming, for sure.

But everyone gets a season to learn and adapt.
Do they? Why?

Like, even with Nunez last year you could see something was there. Fucking frustrating, but you could see it.

I see nothing from this lad; probably because he's fucking hiding 95% of the game

Do they? Why?

Like, even with Nunez last year you could see something was there. Fucking frustrating, but you could see it.

I see nothing from this lad; probably because he's fucking hiding 95% of the game

I've also seen very little, and I don't think it will get better with a new manager.

He’s not ready to be a Klopp midfielder in the PL. that said, Elliot was even worse and actually at fault for a goal.

I think Gravy could be a good fit for our team; but now is too soon for him. Without injuries he’d be reserved for the League Cup & Europa League. Starting away to Arsenal at the beginning of a long title challenge run-in should not have been anywhere near his plan/

Also didn’t help that he was RCM and rarely had the typical out ball to an orthodox RB.

He needs time, clearly…fuck knows why he was starting today in a huge match with Trent behind him though - that’s on Klopp etc. Our right side was an absolute clusterfuck.

He does as he's only 21, Jones is 23 and didn't offer very much two years ago. He's worth persistenting with for another while
And that's more than fair. I'm surprised Jones had made the development he has, so can totally get on board with that.

But when Jones got games 2 years ago, he was fucking trying. Wrong decision are fine and part of learning. Fucking hiding is not.

He needs time, clearly…fuck knows why he was starting today in a huge match with Trent behind him though - that’s on Klopp etc. Our right side was an absolute clusterfuck.

And we saw this exact exploit in the FA Cup.

He’s not ready to be a Klopp midfielder in the PL. that said, Elliot was even worse and actually at fault for a goal.

I think Gravy could be a good fit for our team; but now is too soon for him. Without injuries he’d be reserved for the League Cup & Europa League. Starting away to Arsenal at the beginning of a long title challenge run-in should not have been anywhere near his plan/

Also didn’t help that he was RCM and rarely had the typical out ball to an orthodox RB.

I don't know how anyone has seen enough of his play style to know he'd be a fit for us?

What does he excel at? What has he tried to do that makes you think that?

His passing isn't special, his work rate is borderline absent, his defensive side is weak, we've seen nothing attacking wise bar a few tap ins. What have you seen to give you confidence?

Aye, it’s fucking mental that we lined up like that.

Not sure what the other options were. Maybe Robbo LB, Gonez RB and Trent in the middle.

Or trusting McConnell over Gravy. At the end of the day they’re probably only a year apart in age.

Not sure what the other options were. Maybe Robbo LB, Gonez RB and Trent in the middle.

Or trusting McConnell over Gravy. At the end of the day they’re probably only a year apart in age.
Honestly? I would have trusted McConnell. At least you know you're getting the work rate from a youth player wanting to impress.

This was THE game for him to steal a match on szob, and the cunt looked like he couldn't be arsed

It's yet to be said that Grav started brightly in the first three to four weeks. His performances since then since then have been average to bad. But in isolation, Arsenal away, in his his unfavoured position, with Gakpo also out of position ahead of him and a rusty Trent behind him, isn't the game to pour oil on the fire. Our week was disrupted and then Klopp didn't set us up right.

He's come from Ajax and Bayern, who are used to controlling the game and winning comfortably. It's rarely a fight. He's not used to that and it shows.

Last edited:
It's yet to be said that Grav started brightly in the first three to four weeks. His performances since then since then have been average to bad. But in isolation, Arsenal away, in his his unflavoured position, with Gakpo also out of position ahead of him and a rusty Trent behind him, isn't the game to pour oil on the fire. Our week was disrupted and then Klopp didn't set us up right.

He's come from Ajax and Bayern, who are used to controlling the game and winning comfortably. It's rarely a fight. He's not used to that and it shows.

Did he start brightly? I remember he'd come on as a sub and thats about it.

He's been mostly disappointing this season but I'm not as impatient to kick a man when he's down type and more the supportive, find the positives type.......I understand he's a 21 year old developing in a new league, if he's still here in a few years time and struggling to adapt to the intensity and pace of the league, then a decision will probably be made.

We're linked with Jude, he goes to Madrid so the next guy we sign should turn out like him?
We're linked with Caicedo, he goes to Madrid so the next guy we sign should turn out like him?

Different players have different targets and come with different expectations. You can't expect a 21 year old new to the league to be on the level as a 24 year old with a few years experience in the league.

He's been mostly disappointing this season but I'm not as impatient to kick a man when he's down type and more the supportive, find the positives type.......I understand he's a 21 year old developing in a new league, if he's still here in a few years time and struggling to adapt to the intensity and pace of the league, then a decision will probably be made.
I tend to look for the positives if i can. I don't like immediately discounting a player; but so far he's shown me nothing. I'd rather his minutes go to mcconnell, or clark, or someone who seemingly wants to play for us

This was THE game for him to steal a match on szob, and the cunt looked like he couldn't be arsed

In his defence we have about 5 players who have the same ‘casual’ approach. Virgil, Trent, Gakpo especially.

Virgil has always been like that. Last season it was a problem, this season it mostly isn’t as it’s his style and he’s epic.

Trent started that last season, and it’s more problem than not.

Gakpo is too much of a bit part player to say it’s a problem but it’s definitely why he isn’t a starter.

I don’t think our midfield can handle a lack of fight.

In his defence we have about 5 players who have the same ‘casual’ approach. Virgil, Trent, Gakpo especially.

Virgil has always been like that. Last season it was a problem, this season it mostly isn’t as it’s his style and he’s epic.

Trent started that last season, and it’s more problem than not.

Gakpo is too much of a bit part player to say it’s a problem but it’s definitely why he isn’t a starter.

I don’t think our midfield can handle a lack of fight.

Casual does not work in a klopp system. It why trent was previously pilloried for his abject laxadaisical performances at the start of last year. Today i can forgive as he's coming back from injury and mostly played within himself

No excuses from the dutch lads. If you want to play for the club you fucking apply yourself. Gakpo was on the periphery today, gravy conspicuous by his absence, van dijk too cool for school. Klopp should have been on them from minute 1. Maybe thats why he did the subs early (for him), as they came out second half the same as they left the first

Fuck me kneejerks :-

Curtis is a ketwig no mark ... oh look he's the best midfielder in the world
Gomez is done .. oh look he's boss at LB, RB, CB
Endo is fucking shite ...oh look, he's actually brilliant
Mac Allister cannot play 6 ... oh look he can
Gravy is poo ...

will you ever fucking learn ???

Last edited:
And we saw this exact exploit in the FA Cup.
Everything that went wrong, everyone knew would be way Arsenal approached the game. A couple of hours before the game, bluebell foresaw them going hard at us for the first 20 mins, and sure enough they got their goal while we were half asleep. Bloody bluebell called it, not Klopp, or Lijnders or Pete or whatever he's called. Bluebell.

Fuck me kneejerks :-

Curits is a ketwig no mark ... oh look he's the best midfielder in the world
Gomez is done .. oh look he's boss at LB, RB, CB
Endo is fucking shite ...oh look, he's actually brilliant
Mac Allister cannot play 6 ... oh look he can
Gravy is poo ...

will you ever fucking learn ???
So what you're saying is these threads are a necessity to change a players fortunes?

Couldn't agree more

Back
Top Bottom